Giles vs Appomattox

nrv_football

11 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands was one of the top tier bands and, much like the football team, they weren't seen favorably in the band community for the most part. So I still believe they did it to punish Richlands for not only being good in football, but also being the premier band this side of Blacksburg in the 2000s. 

But the supposed rationale was it takes away the anonymity? But why even schedule the auditions for that date? Couldn't one week later be satisfactory? I'm not sure of the band season for lack of a more informed word, but one week later in December before the holiday break seems like it would eliminate any potential conflict and truly let best perform at their best. But again I don't know exactly what's going on during that time period that a week would be so disadvantageous.

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

But the supposed rationale was it takes away the anonymity? But why even schedule the auditions for that date? Couldn't one week later be satisfactory? I'm not sure of the band season for lack of a more informed word, but one week later in December before the holiday break seems like it would eliminate any potential conflict and truly let best perform at their best. But again I don't know exactly what's going on during that time period that a week would be so disadvantageous.

It had been the same date for as long as I could remember. They weren’t going to move the date. It sucked for kids like me that loved football. It was almost like we were punished for things we couldn’t control. But it is what it is lol. Our band director was he director of the district but he was still outvoted. 

On 11/13/2017 at 7:15 PM, Bearcat Bob said:

Goochland played the actual FUMA prep high school team.  Appo played the prep/post grad team...according to Scrimmage play.  Not apples to apples...if this kind of comparison matters (and it does not). 

I'm not very familiar with FUMA, but according to their own site, Appo and Goochland played the same team. If that's true, Appo's D isn't anything like it was last year.

http://athletics.forkunion.com/index.aspx?path=football_prep

They just had a story about Fork Union on ESPN, some very good D1 players have came through that program. They have had 51 players that have played there go to the NFL!

31 minutes ago, hhstigers7327 said:

I know this may have already been ask but is their any radio coverage for this game?

I don't think there is that I know of. 990 am wnrv usually covers Giles games but they are broadcasting the Narrows vs Covington game tonight. 

This one got out of hand real fast...lol 28-0 at the half. I don't think anyone from southwest VA will beat Appomattox. Hopefully, Giles will improve some next year. I know they are fairly young all around so it's pretty good that they won 8 in the regular season. Now, who can step up and fill Biedlemans shoes next year? 

Just now, nrv_football said:

This one got out of hand real fast...lol 28-0 at the half. I don't think anyone from southwest VA will beat Appomattox. Hopefully, Giles will improve some next year. I know they are fairly young all around so it's pretty good that they won 8 in the regular season. Now, who can step up and fill Biedlemans shoes next year? 

Appo proved once again that they are on different level than Giles. Granted, Giles shot themselves in the foot too many times. Appos offense hasn't missed a beat since last season but their defense can be ran on. You just can't have penalties or turn the ball over. Appo makes it to state but I'm still taking Central Woodstock 

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Appo proved once again that they are on different level than Giles. Granted, Giles shot themselves in the foot too many times. Appos offense hasn't missed a beat since last season but their defense can be ran on. You just can't have penalties or turn the ball over. Appo makes it to state but I'm still taking Central Woodstock 

Central Woodstock is getting beat 14-0 at the half at home to Robert e lee. I’d return that pick and select a new one 

1 hour ago, nrv_football said:

Sounded like Giles moved the ball almost at will but shot themselves in the foot for 2 straight hours.  Giles needed an A game to have a shot and they played a D- one.  This Appomattox team is beatable.

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Appomattox is beatable. We moved the ball on them all night, just couldn't finish drives. Appos offense is as good as last year.

Yep they are definitely beatable just have to score with them. They will most certainly be down next year. They lose every playmaker on the offense.

34 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Sounded like Giles moved the ball almost at will but shot themselves in the foot for 2 straight hours.  Giles needed an A game to have a shot and they played a D- one.  This Appomattox team is beatable.

I don't know if they are this year but we will see...pretty damn good

If they can be ran on then a team's best d again them would be a ball control running offense. One that can get three to four yards a play and make at least one stop on d e ery now and then. Sounds like a team can win by playing old school smash mouth ball.