Mance taking some Park grass

jarhead24219

I can’t see him retiring just yet,the post was only in fun because of the numerous close games at Bulliett, the state championship games played there, where the home team always won except 1 time. Bullitt has magic in it, from the catch of Ricky Webb to the “Run” of Mitchell to the pick 6 on the final play of Union / Richlands

3 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Yes I am kidding buttttttt someone said they overheard Mance talking to a coach about planting some Bullitt Park grass in a 2 foot x 2 foot strip on the Richlands field , he said he was going to  get some of its magic

I have a piece of the grass field from Ernie Hicks planted in my grandparents yard. Dug a square deep enough to grab the roots and replanted it. It’s from the endzone nearest the softball field. 

4 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

I'm already looking forward to August..wornder who will be qb for the blues next year..and does anybody know if they have any good rb or wr coming up....

Brown will be the QB and Booker the running back. 

54 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Well you are telling your real boss (Moir) that her son is not good enough either. Especially after the season Moir had behind center at times... 

Last I recall Chris Moir is on the school board, however George Brown is Superintendent of Tazewell County Public Schools. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:45 PM, Gridiron60 said:

The more pressing question is will Mance really retire? Oh wait, it's probably in God's hands. 

I hope you are a God fearing person, and I hope this post was your way of trying to be funny, but for Mance to say it is in God's hands show's his reliance on the one who created the universe, and for you to make light of that shows pure ignorance on your part.  I respect everyone on this board, but if you are making fun of God being in control, I have no respect for that, and I will pray that you had no intention for your post to turn out that way, but that is how I perceived the wording.

This has always been a good place for all of us to have a little fun and post our opinions, but making fun of God almighty is going a bit to far, so please tell me that was not your intentions.

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Last I checked the school board holds the power of the super.  Just look what they did a few years ago...

When they paid an outside firm to find their new superintendent & brought the lady in from the east only to let her go after one year and still paid her 100k+ salary the following year while she sat on the couch? 

2 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

I hope you are a God fearing person, and I hope this post was your way of trying to be funny, but for Mance to say it is in God's hands show's his reliance on the one who created the universe, and for you to make light of that shows pure ignorance on your part.  I respect everyone on this board, but if you are making fun of God being in control, I have no respect for that, and I will pray that you had no intention for your post to turn out that way, but that is how I perceived the wording.

This has always been a good place for all of us to have a little fun and post our opinions, but making fun of God almighty is going a bit to far, so please tell me that was not your intentions.

My understanding is God gives you an avenue to make decions. He doesn't make them for you. Just saying.

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

When they paid an outside firm to find their new superintendent & brought the lady in from the east only to let her go after one year and still paid her 100k+ salary the following year while she sat on the couch? 

Never claimed they make the smartest decisions...just the fact that the new school board came in and exercised their option to replace

59 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Never claimed they make the smartest decisions...just the fact that the new school board came in and exercised their option to replace

Sorry if that came off like a shot towards you.. When the school board gets brought up I just like to point out the severe disservice to the taxpayers they pulled by hiring that lady. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Sorry if that came off like a shot towards you.. When the school board gets brought up I just like to point out the severe disservice to the taxpayers they pulled by hiring that lady. 

No worries, didn't take it that way.  They really screwed the county residents over with that hiring.  Should have never been made in the first place and Christine should have been appointed to start with.

On 11/13/2017 at 8:35 AM, stu_bean said:

Last I checked the school board holds the power of the super.  Just look what they did a few years ago...

Unfortunately, with school board politics, teams and players suffer. Retired school teachers don't always make the best school board members, too much "buddy" and "good ole boy" mentality generally speaking. A couple whiny players and vindictive parents hold more power than a great coach supportive administratior, parents, & players which is wrong. Tazewell County is one of the worst for this. The superintendent debacle make Tazewell County look foolish and wasteful! 

On 11/13/2017 at 7:54 AM, Blue 72 said:

I would never make fun of God , period. God doesn't care who wins a football game. Anyone that believes that He does is ignorant of His word. Generally speaking, there are people who throw God's name around for show and do not actually walk the walk but gladly talk the talk and people that know them and God's word realize that. Those kind of people poison Christianity and turn people away from God and church. Please do not read into this that I'm pointing fingers or calling someone out. I noted, "generally speaking". This entire thread was meant in good fun obviously. Your perceptions are your own.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:50 PM, Dick_Vitale said:

Ask the previous basketball coach at richlands about who pulled the trigger on his firing. I remember there being news paper articles detailing how this happened. The BDT ran one interviewing Fuller. 

Part of the  argument was a dad coaching his own son & giving preferential treatment ; how does Moir solve this ???? By hiring a another dad who gives his son preferential treatment. Jody Fuller is a stand up guy and did not deserve the underhanded way all that went down. School board politics, gotta love it!