Has the VHSL posted 2nd round dates and times for all playoff games?

Bluefield researcher

I dont know about the state as a whole but I do have the local games if that helps.

11/17/2017 Fri 7:00 PM     Graham Grayson County  
  11/17/2017 Fri 7:00 PM     Patrick Henry J.I. Burton  
  11/17/2017 Fri 7:00 PM     Galax Parry McCluer  
  11/17/2017 Fri 7:00 PM     Chilhowie Hurley  
  11/17/2017 Fri 7:00 PM     Union Marion  

5 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

With VT/UVA being late Friday night, I would almost guarantee a 1:00 PM Saturday start.  Would be Graham’s choice.

It'll probably play out like that.. The Iron Bowl is at 3:30 instead of primetime.   

48 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

With VT/UVA being late Friday night, I would almost guarantee a 1:00 PM Saturday start.  Would be Graham’s choice.

Has something changed about the Friday/Saturday game choice? Prior to this year, the home team chose Friday or Saturday unless drive time was 3 or 3.5 hours. Then the visiting team chose. I can't find any info on that whatsoever.

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Has something changed about the Friday/Saturday game choice? Prior to this year, the home team chose Friday or Saturday unless drive time was 3 or 3.5 hours. Then the visiting team chose. I can't find any info on that whatsoever.

That's how I've always known it to be. And I don't think Graham is 3 hours away from Union are they?

20 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I thought it was farther from Bluefield to Big Stone Gap.  Google says 2:09, but I’m pretty sure the buses don’t use jet fuel and turbine engines.  It takes every bit of 3 hours in a bus to get there.

Heck, I drove to Big Stone for a work-related function, and it took me a hair over 2 hours in a car, doing 9 over most of the way, from the Town of Tazewell.  And I even bypassed Hansonville using 71, hitting no traffic.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

I thought it was farther from Bluefield to Big Stone Gap.  Google says 2:09, but I’m pretty sure the buses don’t use jet fuel and turbine engines.  It takes every bit of 3 hours in a bus to get there.

How far from Bluefield to Hansonsville via bus?  You are only talking an hour from Hansonville to Big Stone I believe.  

Just now, 1inStripes said:

Sounds about right.  I was figuring 1:30.  I know a few years ago when Graham/Union faced off they played on Friday instead of Saturday.  Not sure if Graham had the option then or not though.

I thought Graham did have the option 2 years ago, but I could be mistaken.  Has happened before and God knows it’ll probably happen again before the day’s done!

According to the Googles, Graham HS is 2:04 minutes from The Park. I always thought playoff games needed to be on Saturday, but the last 2 years have changed my mind. I really prefer Friday nights now.

Either way I will be there if we are fortunate enough to get past Marion.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

According to the Googles, Graham HS is 2:04 minutes from The Park. I always thought playoff games needed to be on Saturday, but the last 2 years have changed my mind. I really prefer Friday nights now.

Either way I will be there if we are fortunate enough to get past Marion.

I’m usually a big proponent of teh Googles, but there’s not a sliver of a chance in Hell a person is making it from GHS to UHS in 2:04 unless they’re in a stock car and outrun the police.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

I’m usually a big proponent of teh Googles, but there’s not a sliver of a chance in Hell a person is making it from GHS to UHS in 2:04 unless they’re in a stock car and outrun the police.

My dad made it from Giles to BSG in 2:45 doing 10 over two years ago and Bluefield is about 45 mins from Giles so 2:05 from Bluefield to BSG seems to be pretty accurate. By bus I'd say it'd be around 2:45-3:00

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Maybe google is considering the more lenient speed limits along rt 19 and a regular vehicle.

15 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Maybe google is considering the more lenient speed limits along rt 19 and a regular vehicle.

You do have that like 1 mile stretch just past Lebanon now where the speed limit is 60 instead of 55.  When they first did that, I was like, Why even bother?  Well, now I know why.  Because I have got 2 speeding tickets in the past 6 months pretty close to that very area.  

Just now, swva_havok_fan said:

You do have that like 1 mile stretch just past Lebanon now where the speed limit is 60 instead of 55.  When they first did that, I was like, Why even bother?  Well, now I know why.  Because I have got 2 speeding tickets in the past 6 months pretty close to that very area.  

It is now 65 in stretches in Tazewell County and 60 in most of the others. Except for Claypool Hill of course.

Just now, swva_havok_fan said:

I knew about the Tazewell County speed limits.... so Russell is like that now too?

When there is on/off ramps with limited access they are allowed to increase the speed limits. Goes for all of Virginia but the decisions are made locally. Heck the town of Tazewell raised many of the city speed limits from 25 to 30 and from 35 to 40.