Round Two Score Updates

rvtne216

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I had planned to be, but my daughter’s ill.  Listening to this atrocious Kicks Country broadcast and FaceTiming it as I’m able.

I'm so, so glad I wasn't the only one who thought that broadcast was terrible. After it went 27-0, I had to kill the feed. 

Just now, gwloyal said:

I'm so, so glad I wasn't the only one who thought that broadcast was terrible. After it went 27-0, I had to kill the feed. 

The sad thing was that it was probably better than “average” for that crew.  I will be listening to Union’s broadcast next week to give my ears a chance to heal from the verbal accosting it takes weekly from 106.3.

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The sad thing was that it was probably better than “average” for that crew.  I will be listening to Union’s broadcast next week to give my ears a chance to heal from the verbal accosting it takes weekly from 106.3.

Guess i am strange but overall i was able to follow the game. But hey i work at the state mental hospital so the broadcast is easy to understand

Over on the east side....

2A Region A:

Goochland 41 Amelia 20

Poquoson 49 Greensville 0

2A Region B:

Luray 21 Clarke County 7

R.E. Lee 49 Central-Woodstock 21

1A Region B:

Riverheads 49 Altavista 0

William Campbell 45 Central-Lunenburg 12

1A Region A:

Essex 56 Northumberland 14

Sussex Central 44 Washington & Lee 20

Just now, goose111874 said:

Is this been decided already I hate the Saturday games at 2:00.  

Unfortunately so. Alabama plays @Auburn I'm assuming the 3:30 CBS game, so I'll miss first half but both teams seem to be absolutely steamrolling right now after tonight. Should be an epic game.

31 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I had planned to be, but my daughter’s ill.  Listening to this atrocious Kicks Country broadcast and FaceTiming it as I’m able.

Officiating really wasn't that bad. Things got chippy late in the 3rd quarter around the time Mike Mason was taken off On the stretcher and Graham had about 4really dumb (deserved) penalties where they just wouldnt keep their mouth shut and Grayson's coach got one. After that the officials got a little flag happy but it was probably needed to keep both teams in check. 

Graham hasn't had any of that go on this year so it was disappointing to see. 

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Unfortunately so. Alabama plays @Auburn I'm assuming the 3:30 CBS game, so I'll miss first half but both teams seem to be absolutely steamrolling right now after tonight. Should be an epic game.

I was hoping for a 7:00 kickoff either Friday or Saturday.  The 2:00 games just don't have the same atmosphere.

40 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

We had a crew here for a long number of years that was worse, but they were so bad it was comical. Their best performance ever was when our play by play guy had a case of the hiccups the entire second half. I've never enjoyed a GW broadcast I was forced to listen to more.

I've heard some G-Man fans complain about those guys for a while, and they are definitely right. I lost IQ points tonight.

I like tater chips.

1 hour ago, Beamerball said:

Blacksburg 21 E.C. Glass 6

Salem 42 GW 13

Salem @ Blacksburg on FRIDAY at 7pm. Coach Wells decided to play at the same time as VT to keep his players from going to Charlottesville and watching that game and then not being rested for theirs. 

That means I won’t be going to VT @ UVA since I’m caking the Blacksburg games. Which means tomorrow vs. Pitt is my final game VT game as a student. Will be more than a bit emotional.  

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I was hoping for a 7:00 kickoff either Friday or Saturday.  The 2:00 games just don't have the same atmosphere.

56 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Agreed. Motion to change the time of the game !!!

With you both. Day games just aren't the same.