Region 2D Championship: Graham @ Union

Deleted Account

11 minutes ago, EH31 said:

5 lines for $90 sucked me in. I hate it but I'm stuck with it 

7 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Heck you can't beat the price Ryan! Lol

I'd rather pay more and actually have signal lol. My cousin had Sprint and didn't have signal in half of the places she went in Richlands. I saw that first hand. I've been with Verizon since 08. No need to run back now since it works well. 

On 11/18/2017 at 11:33 AM, PV2VT said:

Letcher Co qb is just as good. Marion's qb is right behind grahams qb.  John battles qb had probably one of the best set of legs for scrambling in region d. Graham is no joke but no Richlands d is not as good as unions.  It's probably the closest to ours talent wise but not better. Bluefields d I have not seen in person to make a judgment call on.  Everyone wants to say Richlands held union to 13 which they did.  Guys that's a rivalry game and we know how rivalry games go.  They are very seldom a blow out.  I talked about that last week.  Marion fans saying Richlands held y'all to 13. Look at last night and the rest of the season and see what union has done to everyone besides Richlands.  We hammer them. I'm not saying we will hammer Graham but I promise this.  It's hard for grahams offense to score when they don't have the ball.  Union is playing ball control offense and shut down d.  If union can keep the ball away from Graham and stop Graham on at least two drives (which is very reasonable)  then union wins. 

Allen from Graham and The Lathrope kid from V high are the best in region D imo I think it's a no brainer 

3 hours ago, EH31 said:

So since the game is on Saturday at 2 I have to miss the iron bowl and I can't even stream it on my phone? You union guys aren't being very good hosts

I'm assuming it's a 3:30 CBS kick, you may can find it driving home on radio. I'll be back home, warm and watching by the half I assume, next time beat Bluefield and we would have to come up there and I'd be the one bitchin haha

3 hours ago, EH31 said:

So since the game is on Saturday at 2 I have to miss the iron bowl and I can't even stream it on my phone? You union guys aren't being very good hosts

At least one of us will do no worse than a split, if I double up at least Bama wins and you'll get some solace lolol

I've certainly been impressed this season with Coach Travis Turner and the Bears after Bailey Turner's injury.   I think it speaks volumes that Union scored 49 against my Canes without throwing a pass or James Mitchell scoring.  The Bears have finally found an effective offense after losing #16, while proving they're more than a one-man team.  The speedy G-Men have been impressive all season, while the Bears have worked for two months to overcome adversity.  I think the G-Men win this game in September or October on any field.  But it's November at Bullitt, which should bode well for the Bears.

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I'm assuming it's a 3:30 CBS kick, you may can find it driving home on radio. I'll be back home, warm and watching by the half I assume, next time beat Bluefield and we would have to come up there and I'd be the one bitchin haha

I'd at least invite you to Applebee's to finish watching the game. Not to eat though, because trust me, you don't want to eat at the applebees in Bluefield. 

6 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I'd at least invite you to Applebee's to finish watching the game. Not to eat though, because trust me, you don't want to eat at the applebees in Bluefield. 

There's an Applebees about 15 minutes from Bullitt Park

I am worried about this game. Not because Union will come out flat. Heck they may still do so. 

I am worried because Graham is likely the best team our Bears have faced to that point. And it will not get any easier. 

I still think the Bears win. However I am going to adjust my pick just a little bit. 

Union 35, Graham 28. 

The difference? This game is at Bullitt Park. 

59 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I'm not a person who watches ballgames in a crowd, or with people haha. I tend to let the ebbs and flows of a game get me, to put it kindly, riled up. HS games, these are 14-18 year old kids and their parents, who knows what you'll get one week to the next? But a game like Alabama at Auburn? That's serious business ha.

Im being overly ridiculous but I really do watch games alone. That's my superstition. 

49 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

I am worried about this game. Not because Union will come out flat. Heck they may still do so. 

I am worried because Graham is likely the best team our Bears have faced to that point. And it will not get any easier. 

I still think the Bears win. However I am going to adjust my pick just a little bit. 

Union 35, Graham 28. 

The difference? This game is at Bullitt Park. 

Maybe:But , in my opinion the difference will be coaching decisions at crucial times: EDGE UNION

I’m a bear fan to the bone as I coach in the p nut program and have for years. This group of seniors was the best year of coaching in my 22 years. I really hope they can pull this out and continue to the finals. Having said that I am worried more about this game than I was the richlands game. I have watched tape and I honestly think this has the makings of a bad night for my bears. I can see it being a close game and I am pulling for the bears. If they play like they did last week it will be a barn burner. Either way good luck to both teams on outstanding seasons. I have flash backs of the last meeting in blue field that got really bad towards the end of the game and hope sportsmanship is much better this year. 

This will be the most evenly matched game of the season other than Graham/Bluefield.  We will all be on the edge of our seats.  One thing to remember every one keeps saying close one with graham/Giles - it actually wasn’t.  Early second half Allen got hurt, Reed hurt ended his season, Kastner hurt among others.  Game changer with those out.  This one will be a close one.

19 hours ago, EH31 said:

Get a real carrier! lol

VZ had pretty good coverage down there when I was there.  More expensive I know but you do get what you pay for...

Being from Richlands, I almost hate to speak the words, but I am pulling for Graham.  The QB's uncle use to be my son-in-law and I have watched Cameron from pee wee up, so I wish him the very best game of his life and hope they bring home a win.  My heart tells me that Union's defense will be to much for the G-men and although it will be a good game, I think Travis Turner will have the Bears running on all cylinders come game time, and will claim another victory.  Best of luck to both teams and their fans, both teams deserve this game, enjoy this time, you will remember it the rest of your life.

Graham and Union both have fought and won to get here and I wish the best for both teams. Im pulling for my bears to win and I feel like home field advantage will help them win. Graham is going to give em a good fight and youre right, this is the games that make SWVA football worth watching year in and year out.

1 hour ago, BlueRazor said:

In a game like this I still think it come down to the old saying... turnovers and penalties. The winner of this battle wins. These are the games I love. Two great teams playing for the right to move on and represent SWVA. 

Based on this alone I give it to Union in a good margin.  If Graham can keep it clean and play hard with their heads in the game and their attitudes in check, then look for a tight one that they might just possibly pull it out.

This pains me to say but go G-Men!