Region 2D Championship: Graham @ Union

Deleted Account

2 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

Mullins at Ridgeview

Well, Ridgeview did have a great regular season and exceeded expectations. When you're looking at Tony Palmer at Graham he took over a team that had just lost 70-0 to Gate City in the last game of the previous coach's tenure and since then he's drastically turned it around. I realize he's been blessed with a awesome collection of athletes for SWVA but In his first 3 years hes went 

1. 6-6 - loss in the 2nd round of playoffs 

2. 11-2 loss in the 3rd round of playoffs 

3. 11-1 still playing in the 3rd round 

Graham opens up tomorrow in 5 wide. It will be interesting to see if Cam can make plays or if the offensive line can give him enough protection to get the ball to his playmakers in space. Obviously when Union is on offensive they will try to pound Graham. Game will come down to turnovers and coaching. Graham ends the streak! Graham wins 21-20. Now, let's go Beavers!!!!

Less than 24 hours to go. I stated before the Richlands playoff game that it was the most excited I've ever been for a high school game, this blows it away. I look for the park to be rocking. If any of you Graham fans (or Union fans for that matter) want to come chat just come to the front of the pass gate. I'll be there along with @Union's hammer and @BearDawg along with many more interesting characters! 

2 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Less than 24 hours to go. I stated before the Richlands playoff game that it was the most excited I've ever been for a high school game, this blows it away. I look for the park to be rocking. If any of you Graham fans (or Union fans for that matter) want to come chat just come to the front of the pass gate. I'll be there along with @Union's hammer and @BearDawg along with many more interesting characters! 

Absolutely. Fire will be burning and conversations flowing. 

Yeah I'm glad it's a home game, I can usually rely on some family to save a seat for me so I can waltz in at ten til kickoff an have a seat. It's nice lol. 

Cooke, at 6' tall, has plenty of size to be a DB. If he's successful at next level, I'd imagine it's at DB. With his speed and size, he could play as the outside corner. 

Watching Appo and Glenvar.  I think whoever comes out on top between Graham and Union can play with that team.  They're good.  But I believe region C is down this year.  Glenvar looks slow.  I may be a bit presumptuous but I think Region D can hang with them this year.

9 minutes ago, futbolking said:

Watching Appo and Glenvar.  I think whoever comes out on top between Graham and Union can play with that team.  They're good.  But I believe region C is down this year.  Glenvar looks slow.  I may be a bit presumptuous but I think Region D can hang with them this year.

What's the biggest difference in appomattox from last year to this year?

20 minutes ago, futbolking said:

I watched for a few minutes and thought the same thing. 

44 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

What's the biggest difference in appomattox from last year to this year?

Their line is not blowing Glenvar off of the ball on either side of the ball.  Theirbqb is quick.  They have a couple of fast and aggressive playmakers, but they aren't dominating the line of scrimmage.  Defensively they have a few kids that fly to the ball, but don't seem as aggressive defensively either.  I'm no expert, they just don't seem as dominant.  Very good, but I think beatable.

26-14 Appo 1:43 to go.  Looks like Graham / Union knows their opponent next week.  I'm surprised Glenvar played them this close.  Appo still busted a few big plays, but they had a definite speed advantage.  Line of scrimmage was a wash.

3 minutes ago, futbolking said:

26-14 Appo 1:43 to go.  Looks like Graham / Union knows their opponent next week.  I'm surprised Glenvar played them this close.  Appo still busted a few big plays, but they had a definite speed advantage.  Line of scrimmage was a wash.

Region D champ will have to play very well next week. 

5 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

Region D champ will have to play very well next week. 

I have Faith.  We can do it. Good luck to both teams tomorrow.  I do have a question.  A bunch of us are following Graham's bus down tomorrow.  I'm hearing about how hard it is to get a seat and standing room only for some.  Is there anywhere for fans to set up folding chairs?

4 minutes ago, futbolking said:

I have Faith.  We can do it. Good luck to both teams tomorrow.  I do have a question.  A bunch of us are following Graham's bus down tomorrow.  I'm hearing about how hard it is to get a seat and standing room only for some.  Is there anywhere for fans to set up folding chairs?

You probably could find somewhere. 

8 minutes ago, futbolking said:

The visiting side will probably have enough room for you all. They usually hold most fans really well. I wouldn't worry tooooo much about it. 

3 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

The visiting side will probably have enough room for you all. They usually hold most fans really well. I wouldn't worry tooooo much about it. 

Thanks.  I would expect a pretty big contingent there tomorrow.  A lot of folks going to this game, not just Graham and Union fans.