Region 2D Championship: Graham @ Union

Deleted Account

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

A little disappointed in james mitchell.. 

On defense when he jumped about 30 feet in the air and one handed that pass how come he didn't come down with the ball? Lol 

that was one of the more impressive things I've ever seen that'll never show in the box score 

https://mobile.twitter.com/brandibostic/status/934816071533637632/photo/1

It may be a smart a$$ move of me to make but I want to recall coach Palmer's remark about the Bullit Park record and how he had already booked a room in Appomattox. Guess he isn't bear Bryant after all

2 hours ago, Suit Up said:

A true D1 athlete would’ve gotten 31 feet up an came down with that pass, then returned it for a score while running on his hands and holding the ball with his feet?

He did that in Letcher on a punt return. They give the players free moonshine in Kentucky, and crazy things ensue. Lol

30 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

It may be a smart a$$ move of me to make but I want to recall coach Palmer's remark about the Bullit Park record and how he had already booked a room in Appomattox. Guess he isn't bear Bryant after all

Yeah.. because it was proven that it was said, right? 

21 hours ago, EH31 said:

I don't have to. I already know that Richlands lost to Marion 22-18 and Richlands lost to Graham 20-13. 

Crazy how i can remember that, especially since Richlands has been playing basketball for 2 weeks. 

You can have the last word.

Lot of smack being said here, we enjoyed the game yesterday, film today , going back to work Monday, Appo, will not lie down and they tend to rise up based on who they are playing. Don’t forget last year, they said they kept the starters in to make a statement . They will come here determined and ready, Union went to Clarke Co thinking they already punched their ticket 2 years ago. This will be a very tough test for Union 

20 hours ago, PV2VT said:

He never said any of that...

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, BearDawg said:

Seems Graham’s head coach is a bit over confident of a win Saturday. Was overhead at the region d coaches meeting today saying he has hotel booked in appo and was asking about places too eat. Then, during the meeting, asks coach turner what the win streak is at the Park. Travis tells him that’s not really what they are there for. He then proceeds to tell him he knows the streak number and tells Travis. 

Sounds like he’s worried and trying to play head games with Travis. Barking up the wrong tree I’m afraid. Just managed to embarrass himself. 

47 minutes ago, GMan said:

He never said any of that...

GMan you may be correct, Coach Palmer may have never said these words but here is where I heard it from. I will be the first to apologize if in fact he did not say it. Im not trying to ruffle feathers, just commenting on what I have read is all

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

I know the Graham folks are very excited about next fall, I think they very well might Rule SWVA next year as well as Ridgeview

What does Graham have returning? I just don't see them being as successful as this season. I could be wrong, I just don't know who they have coming back, but losing their biggest playmaker will hurt.

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

What does Graham have returning? I just don't see them being as successful as this season. I could be wrong, I just don't know who they have coming back, but losing their biggest playmaker will hurt.

Losing Cooke & Vineyard will be hard to overcome, as well as losing Oakes & Workman on the line. Will lose Curto at receiver/kicker/punter and Ty Gray who also played really well this year at receiver and Corner. 

Returning Allen, Lester, and Justice who will have to shoulder the load on offense with Jaziere Reed assuming he comes back healthy from the ACL.

Graham has the kids coming up to make them one of the better teams in the area but as of now it's hard to say that they can match the 11-2 record from this year and last year. 

2 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Losing Cooke & Vineyard will be hard to overcome, as well as losing Oakes & Workman on the line. Will lose Curto at receiver/kicker/punter and Ty Gray who also played really well this year at receiver and Corner. 

Returning Allen, Lester, and Justice who will have to shoulder the load on offense with Jaziere Reed assuming he comes back healthy from the ACL.

Graham has the kids coming up to make them one of the better teams in the area but as of now it's hard to say that they can match the 11-2 record from this year and last year. 

Hoping Reed can return healthy. I thought he was a senior. If he returns along with Allen and Lester, Graham will be a handful for teams again next year.

9 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Well Giles, Appo, and Glenvar are losing a good bit of talent so Region C will more than likely be way down next season.

I knew that Appo was losing a lot. Didn't know that about Giles or Glenvar. 

That trio has had a pretty good run lately, to say the least. 

I don't think D will be AS deep next year, but there may be a surprise team or two. Very few people saw RV winning 9 games or VHS hosting a playoff game, before the season started.

I can't speak for the other teams, but next year is the year that Bristol has been looking forward to for VHS football, for quite a while now.