Galax @ Narrows

RCITYHOO

5 minutes ago, Dookthecook said:

My sauces telling me Wave Nation could not stoppage Covington.  But the team from not SWVA stoppage themselves.......   Galaxy Stars  28  Wave Nation 7

I never heard the details of the game other than the blowout score. But with Galax being without their best running back, it should make for a good game, even though the Tide have other good running backs.

Galax has faced significantly better competition throughout the course of the season.  That has to account for something in my mind.  It doesn't mean Narrows can't win this game.  Galax missed Dougie's on-field leadership Friday night far more from a defensive standpoint than anywhere else. Game two in those situations always seem to go more smoothly than game one. 

But as UVAO said, Galax hasn't exactly been the model of consistency lately.  If they come ready to play, they win going away.  If not, they will be playing basketball Monday.

5 hours ago, ISOaPBR said:

Galax vs. Narrows, last 5 years, all Galax wins – 

2016: 54-7

2015: 75-27

2014: 49-13

2013: 55-7

2012: 48-8

Narrows is without a doubt a much-improved team, but a 47-point gap is a mighty big hill to climb in one year

10 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Let's hope this trend continues

Didn’t you say at one point that you pull for Narrows when they aren’t playing Giles? Could be mixing you up with another Giles poster, but I thought I’ve seen you say it, too. 

We see this all the time.  Not all by any stretch but some Giles posters get butthurt when some from Narrows won't pull for them.  They piss and moan about it then they do the same in the end. Similar to Tazewell Co. folks in a way.  Been that way for as long as I can remember.  I've learned to pay it no mind here or on VaPreps.

19 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Didn’t you say at one point that you pull for Narrows when they aren’t playing Giles? Could be mixing you up with another Giles poster, but I thought I’ve seen you say it, too. 

No not me Ryan...I may have said I wouldn't mind seeing success for Kelly Lowe after all I've heard from their fans about him up until this year...now he is Nick saban like according to most of them

Kelly is a good guy but I'm not rooting for narrows no

6 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

We see this all the time.  Not all by any stretch but some Giles posters get butthurt when some from Narrows won't pull for them.  They piss and moan about it then they do the same in the end. Similar to Tazewell Co. folks in a way.  Been that way for as long as I can remember.  I've learned to pay it no mind here or on VaPreps.

I wouldn't expect you to pull for us, we are rivals...butthurt really? Do you root for VT against anyone? I highly doubt it

What I think is comical is the 1 year out of 20 You actually go further in the playoffs some of your people act like that means you are the better team...heard numerous narrows people say in the last week "wish we played you now, we would beat you for sure"...doubtful but we will never know

Yep.  I think butthurt sums it up pretty well and as a matter of fact I do pull for VT when they play North Carolina.  I'm a old school wahoo that remembers VT being a mid-major with an independant football program that was middling at its best.  

We will agree to disagree like we always do.

20 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Yep.  I think butthurt sums it up pretty well and as a matter of fact I do pull for VT when they play North Carolina.  I'm a old school wahoo that remembers VT being a mid-major with an independant football program that was middling at its best.  

We will agree to disagree like we always do.

As usual you make me laugh...butthurt over what exactly? Cause you guys don't root for us? I don't give a crap if you root for giles ever or not...good try... lol

So VT was like narrows right? Ok gotcha haha

1 hour ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Should've followed my own advice once again.   I'll just leave it at that.

1 hour ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Should've followed my own advice once again.   I'll just leave it at that.

Univ of Tom Jeff futbol ingredients never much. Like wave nation. Claimage to be.