JI Burton @ Chilhowie

SWVAFB

JIB will play Chilhowie for the second time Saturday at Chilhowie for the Region D 1A Championship. It should be a very good game, as both teams have improved since week 2.

Chilhowie  28  JI Burton  24

JI Burton has been playing good ball late in the season. I am sure they are a better team now than in week 2 but Chilhowie's offense and defense are clicking at the right time of the year. Chilhowie by 14.

5 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I think everybody's being way too generous to Burton here. They definitely got better and found their mojo towards the end of the season, and into the playoffs, but their no where near Chilhowie's level. Chilhowie wins handily by 20-30 points.

Burton beat the #3 and #2 team in the playoffs and it's hard to beat a team twice in a season (see Grundy). Burton's offense is clicking now and they have something Castlewood and Hurley didn't have and that is they can pass well enough to keep Chilhowie from stacking the box. Could be an upset but I still think Chilhowie wins but it will be closer than the 36-0 score earlier in the season. 

On 11/21/2017 at 8:47 PM, yahrme said:

Burton beat the #3 and #2 team in the playoffs and it's hard to beat a team twice in a season (see Grundy). Burton's offense is clicking now and they have something Castlewood and Hurley didn't have and that is they can pass well enough to keep Chilhowie from stacking the box. Could be an upset but I still think Chilhowie wins but it will be closer than the 36-0 score earlier in the season. 

They beat the 2 and 3 team in the weakest region in the state top to bottom. Chilhowie destroyed PH. But even Chilhowie have some head scratching losses this year. 

No matter who wins, either Galax or Narrows wins next week. But gimme Chilhowie by 24 this week. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

They beat the 2 and 3 team in the weakest region in the state top to bottom. Chilhowie destroyed PH. But even Chilhowie have some head scratching losses this year. 

No matter who wins, either Galax or Narrows wins next week. But gimme Chilhowie by 24 this week. 

Region B had 2 0-10 teams and 2 more with losing records in the playoffs so I think they are the worst. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Lol...come watch Chilhowie play Saturday, then tell me how weak the top of the region is and if Galax or Narrows will win for sure next week. 

7 hours ago, CHS90 said:

Lol...come watch Chilhowie play Saturday, then tell me how weak the top of the region is and if Galax or Narrows will win for sure next week. 

It’s not a slight against Chilhowie. I’ve said all season on the podcast that they were my pick to win the region, even after the rough start they were having. 

I just don’t believe they will beat Narrows or Galax. If Galax had People’s playing, they would probably be my favorite to win in Salem in 2 weeks. I do think the Chilhowie @ Narrows would be a good game, though. 

57 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

It’s not a slight against Chilhowie. I’ve said all season on the podcast that they were my pick to win the region, even after the rough start they were having. 

I just don’t believe they will beat Narrows or Galax. If Galax had People’s playing, they would probably be my favorite to win in Salem in 2 weeks. I do think the Chilhowie @ Narrows would be a good game, though. 

Good post. I understand the feel. I just think Chilhowie has a different feel this year. They have gotten better and better through the year. They might not win but I think they could hold there own against Galax and Narrows. They are quick on both sides of the ball and love the game. I think there is a chance to see them in Salem. 

17 hours ago, yahrme said:

Region B had 2 0-10 teams and 2 more with losing records in the playoffs so I think they are the worst. 

It's hard to pull clout over a region that has (arguably) the two best teams in 1A, and I still think Riverheads is two scores better than William Campbell.

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

One of those teams is Riverheads, which would beat any team in 1C or 1D not named Galax by 5 scores...

Ryan said from top to bottom. If he said top 2 from each Region then it's a different conversation.

7 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

One of those teams is Riverheads, which would beat any team in 1C or 1D not named Galax by 5 scores...

Riverheads has only lost 2 games.  The teams with the losing records were knocked out pretty handily in the earlier rounds.

9 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Riverheads has only lost 2 games.  The teams with the losing records were knocked out pretty handily in the earlier rounds.

Riverheads just mauled a William Campbell team that is likewise better than any team in 1C or 1D.  Just like I told everyone with Appomattox last year, this title is theirs...

32 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Riverheads just mauled a William Campbell team that is likewise better than any team in 1C or 1D.  Just like I told everyone with Appomattox last year, this title is theirs...

Sorry, I mistook your previous post.  Thought you were somehow referring Riverheads as being one of those bottom 4 teams in Region B that the were mentioned in that post, lol.