2017-18 Boys Season

Weatherman

11 hours ago, EH31 said:

10 bucks if you go to VAPreps and tell them that Martinsville will be 4th in region C

now that's funny right there.  EH, any MHS fan with common sense shouldn't get too up in arms about that one.  we may be lucky to be 4th.

the dogs lost 3 starters and play a brutal schedule again.  they'll certainly take some losses in the regular season.

one thing I would take a little exception to in this thread is the comment about the loss to glenvar last year meaning a whole lot.  the dogs stunk up the gym that night and glenvar hit everything they threw up there.  martinsville won the regular season game at glenvar.  glenvar should be very solid again this year, though.

21 hours ago, HowTheWestWasWon2017 said:

From what I have been told, Region D will go like this:

1. Graham

2. Gate City

3. Union 

4. John Battle

4. Grayson County

Gate City then Graham and everyone else can go ahead and get ready for baseball season. I would put Union at 3 and then after that it really drops off but Wise Central should be better than Battle. 

On 11/27/2017 at 10:22 PM, EH31 said:

10 bucks if you go to VAPreps and tell them that Martinsville will be 4th in region C

Martinsville will be very lucky to be 4th in their regional this year. Too many questions and not enough answers for this team. If Graham is as good as advertised this year, they should beat the Dogs handily. Hopefully by the end of the year Mavahi will be competitive.

1 hour ago, pdfan said:

Martinsville will be very lucky to be 4th in their regional this year. Too many questions and not enough answers for this team. If Graham is as good as advertised this year, they should beat the Dogs handily. Hopefully by the end of the year Mavahi will be competitive.

Well there's one or two Martinsville fans that seem to have higher expectations than that. One seemed to take offens to gate city being called a favorite to win the state championship and said "Martinsville and Radford should be favorite too"

When you've seen as many state championship caliber teams as we have seen in the Martinsville and Henry Co area you pretty much know what teams have it and which ones don't. Mhsalum and I will not blindly say the Dogs are great when they're not. This year's team has talent but they have some shortcomings also. This team will be a work in progress all year, hopefully they will get better and peak at the right time. Tough schedule will show the weak spots to be corrected. EH, don't get caught up in Ants post on the other board, he's a great fan, always at the games, just a little over zealous at times. Good luck to all the swva teams this year.

5 hours ago, chubzfan said:

Eastside beat Graham last night 73-50 and didn't even have their point guard playing.  I don't know about Graham being solid but we shall see.

Graham had 2 starters sitting.... and 2 others that see significant playing time. 

On 11/27/2017 at 4:01 PM, HowTheWestWasWon2017 said:

From what I have been told, Region D will go like this:

1. Graham

2. Gate City

3. Union 

4. John Battle

4. Grayson County

You've been told WRONG...Graham won't finish Top 3 in the Region.  It is Gate City's to lose...GC is miles better than anyone else in the Region, except for maybe Union, they're only a half-mile back...

22 minutes ago, GMan said:

You've been told WRONG...Graham won't finish Top 3 in the Region.  It is Gate City's to lose...GC is miles better than anyone else in the Region, except for maybe Union, they're only a half-mile back...

Why do you think graham won't finish in the top 3 in the region? the only player they lost from last year was really a non factor all year, right? 

32 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Why do you think graham won't finish in the top 3 in the region? the only player they lost from last year was really a non factor all year, right? 

Graham will be #2 in the region behind GC in my estimation.  Not sure why anybody would think otherwise, they return everybody from a very talented team 

16 minutes ago, futbolking said:

Graham will be #2 in the region behind GC in my estimation.  Not sure why anybody would think otherwise, they return everybody from a very talented team 

I could see Union possibly finishing ahead of Graham but That would leave them #3 at worst.

50 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Yes, Morgan was a non factor, he wasn't in basketball shape when he returned to the team.  Don't forget that Graham also lost Ellison, but he wasnt a starter, but was good for a 3 pointer or 2 off the bench.