The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

17 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I'm gonna try passing it along, but I think some Giles fans would be upset about it and Union might have some superstitious fans that don't want change lol.

Anybody wanting to come cheer us on, come on. More than welcome to hang with us. I keep a couple seats next too me when I get there. Tonight, I saw Ridgeview, Tazewell, Lee, and Central in our stands so we r good with visitors. Safe travels. 

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this Appo. Team Pretty much the same team that beat the us last year 42-0? I just don’t want to get pumped up now and over look another humiliation. 

They also graduated something like 21 seniors last year. Don’t quote me on the number but it should be close. 

6 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Anybody wanting to come cheer us on, come on. More than welcome to hang with us. I keep a couple seats next too me when I get there. Tonight, I saw Ridgeview, Tazewell, Lee, and Central in our stands so we r good with visitors. Safe travels. 

There's no way the Central people were there rooting for us lolol

1 minute ago, BearDawg said:

All the Blue Tornado fans I know will be in your corner  next Saturday. They are beatable .. Blues had em on the ropes in 2015 ,but they showed a lot of grit and came back for the win.So don't relax unless you have a big lead late.GO BEARS

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I'm gonna try passing it along, but I think some Giles fans would be upset about it and Union might have some superstitious fans that don't want change lol.

55 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I doubt any Giles fan really cares if he wants to lug it all the way to BSG...why would we care really?

I'm pretty sure he brought it to Clarke Co in 2015. And he, his horn and any fan from any team is welcome to come. The more the merrier.

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I'm pretty sure he brought it to Clarke Co in 2015. And he, his horn and any fan from any team is welcome to come. The more the merrier.

I may head down Saturday....a bunch of good match ups next Saturday, going to be hard to decide

I do think union is going to win Saturday BTW

Give em hell Bears !! 

Nothing I would like better than to see you guys run the ball all over them and show em how smash mouth football is played on this end of the state !  Time for the Appo run to end !  They've had a great run with a couple of outstanding teams,  but it is Union's turn !

Congrats on the BIG win today, Bears! 

I'm not gonna make a prediction on this one. I know that most around here are riding high after today's game, and rightfully so, but Appo is 42-1 in their last 43 games for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm most definitely pulling for the Bears, but it's gonna take a special effort from Union and maybe a little luck for them to win it. Just because Appo isn't beating everyone by 40+, doesn't mean they still aren't a GREAT team.

I promise that I'm not hating. As I said, I hope that Union wins, and I definitely believe they can, but Appo is far and away the most complete team that Union has played this year, even if Appo is a step back from last year's team. Union is playing their best ball at the right time of the year, and that is what is needed to bring home the hardware.    

We're used to being the school who has the hopes of the region of bringing home a championship in baseball most years, and local teams are usually rooting AGAINST us. It doesn't seem to be that way in football and rightfully so.

Good luck from Bristol, Bears. This Bearcat hopes that you guys go all the way!

7 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Congrats on the BIG win today, Bears! 

I'm not gonna make a prediction on this one. I know that most around here are riding high after today's game, and rightfully so, but Appo is 42-1 in their last 43 games for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm most definitely pulling for the Bears, but it's gonna take a special effort from Union and maybe a little luck for them to win it. Just because Appo isn't beating everyone by 40+, doesn't mean they still aren't a GREAT team.

I promise that I'm not hating. As I said, I hope that Union wins, and I definitely believe they can, but Appo is far and away the most complete team that Union has played this year, even if Appo is a step back from last year's team. Union is playing their best ball at the right time of the year, and that is what is needed to bring home the hardware.    

We're used to being the school who has the hopes of the region of bringing home a championship in baseball most years, and local teams are usually rooting AGAINST us. It doesn't seem to be that way in football and rightfully so.

Good luck from Bristol, Bears. This Bearcat hopes that you guys go all the way!

FWIW, Union is 37-4 in their last 41, not too far behind Appo. But I agree w your point. 

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

FWIW, Union is 37-4 in their last 41, not too far behind Appo. But I agree w your point. 

That is a good point.

After seeing Appo live in the first round last year, even though I was pulling for the local teams, I knew that nobody had a shot. This year is different. 

If you check the post history of this season, it's safe to say that I was the first non Union fan on the board to sing the praises of their front 7 on defense, dating back to the Benefit Game in August. They have been dominant in every game this year. 

A lot of non Union fans think Mitchell is the biggest reason for Union's success, and that's just simply not the case this year. Of course he's a big part of it, but when you have a D as dominant as Union's has been, all that means is Mitchell and the rest of the O gets more opportunities. If Union's D was just average or even just above average, nobody would be talking about Union right now. Union's offense is not designed to be in games that are a shootout.

With this game being in BSG, I'm confident that Union has a good shot at winning.

Union has a much better shot at beating Appo this year than Richlands did last year. I don't foresee a humiliating outcome. I think it will be close. Home field advantage is sure to benefit Bears. Nothing but respect for Union. They owned GMen today. Panic set in with players & coaches today. Appo won't panic but I give Union the advantage going in to the game. Hopefully, we'll see a state champion come out of SWVA this year. 

Most Richlands fans I know will be there, be loud, and be proud of SWVA.  I know Union has the right formula to get this win, and I think Appo don't know what they are heading into with all the supporting fans from around SWVA showing up at the Bullit on the Union side.  Appo is going to see a lot of lightening "R"s in the stands making a lot of noise for the Bears. Go!!!!Union Bears!!!!

I am so happy to finally see these guys have to travel to SWVA.  The distance of travel will have an effect. Be sure to bring that horn just for Appo, they deserve it the way they have been at their place.  Need to let them know you are going to give them a good old SWVA welcome, those can be intimidating.  It would be fun to set on their side just to here the cry. 

Maul'em Bears!!!!!

Just a thought or two, some on the other “Yankee Board” are crying now about “travel” they are saying it’s not fair for Poquoson to have to drive all the way to Salem if they win out......suck it up buttercup, it could be worse “ if we still had cross bracketing you could be driving to Big Stone Gap, but no worries you will not win next week. They wanted to put the state game halfway between the two finalist....again just the Yankees trying to screw SW Va

11 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

That is a good point.

After seeing Appo live in the first round last year, even though I was pulling for the local teams, I knew that nobody had a shot. This year is different. 

If you check the post history of this season, it's safe to say that I was the first non Union fan on the board to sing the praises of their front 7 on defense, dating back to the Benefit Game in August. They have been dominant in every game this year. 

A lot of non Union fans think Mitchell is the biggest reason for Union's success, and that's just simply not the case this year. Of course he's a big part of it, but when you have a D as dominant as Union's has been, all that means is Mitchell and the rest of the O gets more opportunities. If Union's D was just average or even just above average, nobody would be talking about Union right now. Union's offense is not designed to be in games that are a shootout.

With this game being in BSG, I'm confident that Union has a good shot at winning.

this is the most truth I've heard so far.  Unions d is the reason they are where they are.  Look at the short fields we have had because our d shuts teams down.  Also, this is not the most talented union team either.  IMO 2015 was more talented but the 2017 are playing like a team. This is the first time in 7 years we have the proper coaching staff and the kids are playing like a team.  That will be the reason Union will win Saturday against appo.