The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

24 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Just a thought or two, some on the other “Yankee Board” are crying now about “travel” they are saying it’s not fair for Poquoson to have to drive all the way to Salem if they win out......suck it up buttercup, it could be worse “ if we still had cross bracketing you could be driving to Big Stone Gap, but no worries you will not win next week. They wanted to put the state game halfway between the two finalist....again just the Yankees trying to screw SW Va

Oh b**** please, Poquoson!

In 1995, an undefeated PV team had to travel to the eastern shore to play Northampton in the championship and kicked their tails. 

27 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

In 1995, an undefeated PV team had to travel to the eastern shore to play Northampton in the championship and kicked their tails. 

They even had to give PV the home side stands and the game was played on a field that amounted to nothing more than a pig pen.Thomas Jones would have probably went for 250 yards on a decent field that day. In addition, it's about an hour's drive further for Poquoson to salem than it is from BSG. Whoopty damn do....also, I can't recall anyone from BSG bitching about going to Harrisonburg HS or JMU to play teams that were about an hour away. 

I agree with you guys...giles once played powhatan in a state finals at Midlothian HS right outside Richmond...yes we lost but it was actually a fun trip...now a days you know where state title game is played before season starts(salem) so quit your bitching poquoson

I am considering going to this game.  What time would I have to arrive to get a seat?  Either side is fine but I don't really enjoy standing and watching at field level.  Good luck to the Bears!

12 minutes ago, EHC87 said:

I am considering going to this game.  What time would I have to arrive to get a seat?  Either side is fine but I don't really enjoy standing and watching at field level.  Good luck to the Bears!

Gates will open at 1pm. Better be in line then. I’ve heard appo doesn’t travel well. I have no clue so don’t hold me to that. Our side fills up pretty fast. But if in line u may be able to snag a stray spot. 

2 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

I was always a fan of the rotating region state title game east/west even if you had to select the best site available ( U Va Wise, Salem,James Madison, UVA etc) 

I wish they would put all six at one site. 

46 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Gates will open at 1pm. Better be in line then. I’ve heard appo doesn’t travel well. I have no clue so don’t hold me to that. Our side fills up pretty fast. But if in line u may be able to snag a stray spot. 

They traveled very well to Salem for the title game last year. Not sure about the long haul to BSG, though. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

They traveled very well to Salem for the title game last year. Not sure about the long haul to BSG, though. 

I was going by what I had read some of their people post on that other forum recently. Sounds like their home attendance has been dropping every game. But it’s playoffs and they may pick it up. 

1 hour ago, EHC87 said:

If you want a seat that's good I'd suggest getting there before 8AM. 

9 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

I was going by what I had read some of their people post on that other forum recently. Sounds like their home attendance has been dropping every game. But it’s playoffs and they may pick it up. 

They took a decent crowd to Glenvar. May have taken more if it was a Saturday game. I'd say they'll bring 200-300 to BSG 

I'm still debating on whether I want to make the 3hr trip to Union or 45 minute trip to watch Salem against Sherando. I've never been to BSG and a few Giles people that went and watched Union and Glenvar in 2015 have told me that Unions fan base puts Giles to shame so I'd like to see it myself.

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I'm still debating on whether I want to make the 3hr trip to Union or 45 minute trip to watch Salem against Sherando. I've never been to BSG and a few Giles people that went and watched Union and Glenvar in 2015 have told me that Unions fan base puts Giles to shame so I'd like to see it myself.

Come on down. I promise you won't be disappointed. 

6 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

As someone who’s seen both, they do. 

2 hours ago, trumpet1988 said:

Hope this crowing so loud don’t put to much pressure on the bears. If I’m not mistaken this Appomattox team is pretty much the same team that beat the bears last year 42-0?? And the bears had a better offense last year in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Hope this crowing so loud don’t put to much pressure on the bears. If I’m not mistaken this Appomattox team is pretty much the same team that beat the bears last year 42-0?? And the bears had a better offense last year in my opinion.

You are mistaken. Appomattox lost there top 2 running backs and both of the kelso brothers, they were both monsters on defense and carried the ball from time to time to. And they also lost a big part of both lines. 

16 minutes ago, Suit Up said:

You are mistaken. Appomattox lost there top 2 running backs and both of the kelso brothers, they were both monsters on defense and carried the ball from time to time to. And they also lost a big part of both lines. 

Well that’s good to know thank you. I still don’t like to crow to loud. I think the bears are very one dimensional even though that is a ‘Huge’ Help. The Appomattox passing game and containing their QB has some concern. 

3 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Well that’s good to know thank you. I still don’t like to crow to loud. I think the bears are very one dimensional even though that is a ‘Huge’ Help. The Appomattox passing game and containing their QB has some concern. 

Just to be fair, people said the same thing last week. 

3 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Just to be fair, people said the same thing last week. 

I didn’t. To be honest what worries me. The Richland game with 2:00 to go in game bears had scored 6 points ended up with only 13 . That will not beat Appomattox!

2 minutes ago, T52OS said:

I didn’t. To be honest what worries me. The Richland game with 2:00 to go in game bears had scored 6 points ended up with only 13 . That will not beat Appomattox!

what about the 49 on Marion and holding there stud running back to what union held them?  Or what about putting up 37 on Graham while holding the most explosive offense in region d to a big ole goose egg?  Is either of those wins big enough to win?  My guess is no cause you're the guy who said union was "lucky" to even be in the playoffs.  Dude in all due respect you're a troll. All you know how to do is stir the pot and show your complete lack of knowledge.  You my friend have been wrong each week.  Please do my bears a favor and keep on doubting buddy. 

6 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

what about the 49 on Marion and holding there stud running back to what union held them?  Or what about putting up 37 on Graham while holding the most explosive offense in region d to a big ole goose egg?  Is either of those wins big enough to win?  My guess is no cause you're the guy who said union was "lucky" to even be in the playoffs.  Dude in all due respect you're a troll. All you know how to do is stir the pot and show your complete lack of knowledge.  You my friend have been wrong each week.  Please do my bears a favor and keep on doubting buddy. 

I’ve never seen some folks that can’t stand the truth. Have to be ‘RUDE’. One dimensional isn’t hard to stop with some speed. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ll how my crowing until after the game. 13 points won’t beat Appo. 

2 minutes ago, T52OS said:

I’ve never seen some folks that can’t stand the truth. Have to be ‘RUDE’. One dimensional isn’t hard to stop with some speed. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ll how my crowing until after the game. 13 points won’t beat Appo. 

Did Graham not have speed?