The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

Just now, T52OS said:

I’ve never seen some folks that can’t stand the truth. Have to be ‘RUDE’. One dimensional isn’t hard to stop with some speed. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ll how my crowing until after the game. 13 points won’t beat Appo. 

Dude, give it up! You have been bashing Union the entire postseason. You said Union didn’t play anybody before the Richlands game and that they would have a quick exit. It is true that some of Union’s opponents didn’t win a lot  Richlands had 7 losses to teams that lost no more than 2 or 3 games in the entire season. Two of those losses came to Union. 

5 of Union’s regular season opponents had a .500 record or greater. 

Keep doubting Union. We Union fans along with nearly every other poster on here will keep proving you wrong with facts. 

Perhaps Union doesn’t beat Appomattox. Appomattox is the twice defending state champions, after all. And they are still alive. 

But if Union’s one-dimensional offense happens to win, will you finally show common sense or will you finally shut up? I vote for the latter. 

Bottom line: Union’s one-dimensional approach has netted them a 10-0 regular season record, FIRST seed, HIGHEST average in 2A in the STATE, the Region D championship in the first year return of the Region format from the past (much improved version), home field advantage all the way through the State Semis, a berth in the Final Four, and quite possibly a spot in the championship if they keep up the good work.

I am sorry you think we are rude but if being rude is what it takes then we will do it. 

20 minutes ago, T52OS said:

I’ve never seen some folks that can’t stand the truth. Have to be ‘RUDE’. One dimensional isn’t hard to stop with some speed. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ll how my crowing until after the game. 13 points won’t beat Appo. 

If you think Graham didn't have speed, you haven't watched them play this season. 

29 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Taymon looked pretty fast when he had to run down 17 on that real long run ?

When he ran down Owens that surprised me more than the score.  That kids speed is crazy, and Owens is one of our fastest players also if not the fastest.

55 minutes ago, T52OS said:

I didn’t. To be honest what worries me. The Richland game with 2:00 to go in game bears had scored 6 points ended up with only 13 . That will not beat Appomattox!

In all fairness, Richlands has the benefit of playing us every year and twice this year. Yes we are one dimensional. We put up nearly 300 yards rushing per game. Appo is admittedly weak against the run and cover the pass well. They have speed. Graham did too. Richlands defense could be better than Appos defense. Their record is t a reflection but the scores of their games are. And 13 may not be enough, unless we hold them to our game average of 10ish. 

1 minute ago, BearDawg said:

In all fairness, Richlands has the benefit of playing us every year and twice this year. Yes we are one dimensional. We put up nearly 300 yards rushing per game. Appo is admittedly weak against the run and cover the pass well. They have speed. Graham did too. Richlands defense could be better than Appos defense. Their record is t a reflection but the scores of their games are. And 13 may not be enough, unless we hold them to our game average of 10ish. 

This ^^^ 

What's going to play big into unions favor is the matchup. Appomattox is sensational against the pass, but they are weak against the run. Their fans will tell you that, Giles fans would tell you that and I'd bet Glenvar fans would say the same thing. It doesn't matter if they know what's coming, if we execute then it doesn't matter. Ask Graham. I'm sure they knew exactly what was coming but 4 yards here, 5 yards there and 3 yards on 3rd and 2 will be plenty on the offensive side. I'm waiting to watch some film on their offense before I comment on that. 

3 hours ago, EHC87 said:

I am considering going to this game.  What time would I have to arrive to get a seat?  Either side is fine but I don't really enjoy standing and watching at field level.  Good luck to the Bears!

If you get to game by 2 you'll find a seat if you don't have a lot of people with you but if you can't come on down in the end zone near the field house and well find you a spot.

I'm not the smartest guy around but I remember watching Appalachia play a ground and pound style football for years with much success. Coach Tom Turner would run the same play over and over until a team would stop it then he would just switch sides and run it again. Ball control and our stout defense will win this game.  Unions pass d is better than we have been accredited for too.  It starts up from with pressure but our dbs do a great job too.  Graham did over throw a few passes but that was because our d line was on there ass. And our dbs made two interceptions with something like two or three pass deflections.  I don't have the stats but I would say unions d has scored more than any other teams d has this season. 

Basically strong d and ball control we win

19 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I'm just ready to see their reaction when union still isn't at the stadium with 10 minutes til kickoff. And that entrance though..

Somebody needs to make a Facebook live from Union for this game. Appo usually does one, but I would rather see the energy of the home crowd. Or at a minimum, do a live of Unions entrance and fan reaction. Anyone game?

Just now, Suit Up said:

Somebody needs to make a Facebook live from Union for this game. Appo usually does one, but I would rather see the energy of the home crowd. Or at a minimum, do a live of Unions entrance and fan reaction. Anyone game?

Po Jervis usually does a facebook live for Union.  Hell probably be all over it saturday

1 minute ago, Suit Up said:

Is that his Facebook name? I can’t seem to find him

not for sure. I'll look it up and see though.  I'm one of the few people alive that does not have a facebook!  I know I know it's some kind of sin but I'm just too old school for facebook.  Give me ICQ baby

Just now, PV2VT said:

not for sure. I'll look it up and see though.  I'm one of the few people alive that does not have a facebook!  I know I know it's some kind of sin but I'm just too old school for facebook.  Give me ICQ baby

Still remember my number and password from 1999 lol

15 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Travel I'd assume. 

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I bet with the 3 PM start appo will come Saturday instead of Friday night that's a long ride to play the same day if that's what they have decided to do

Union traveled 5.5 hours to Clarke and we didn't get a 3 pm start. We did spend the night, maybe Appo is driving over on Saturday. I hope they do.

14 minutes ago, Suit Up said:

I’ll do one hahaha. 

18 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I will go live from the Podcast Facebook page. 

So if y’all want to see the Bears entrance and crowd, go like this page and be ready around 10 min before the game starts. 

https://m.facebook.com/SWVASportsPod/

I'm sure it will be available to watch later on after the game as well correct? I'd like to go back and watch it later on in the evening. 

33 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

I'm not the smartest guy around but I remember watching Appalachia play a ground and pound style football for years with much success. Coach Tom Turner would run the same play over and over until a team would stop it then he would just switch sides and run it again. Ball control and our stout defense will win this game.  Unions pass d is better than we have been accredited for too.  It starts up from with pressure but our dbs do a great job too.  Graham did over throw a few passes but that was because our d line was on there ass. And our dbs made two interceptions with something like two or three pass deflections.  I don't have the stats but I would say unions d has scored more than any other teams d has this season. 

Basically strong d and ball control we win

Tom Turner's teams would go on those 80 yard, two-day drives that would wear down and demoralize a defense.  Then, those same players would turn around and play defense and demoralize your offense.