The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

20 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Tom Turner's teams would go on those 80 yard, two-day drives that would wear down and demoralize a defense.  Then, those same players would turn around and play defense and demoralize your offense. 

ground and pound. Union has had more talented teams than this team, but this year's bears are playing like mid 90s Appalachia. Play together and win at your job every down.  Union is doing kind of that same thing. These kids are playing Iron Man ball and doing an amazing job. 

I still feel like that Appo has no idea what they are about to experience. They hear all the talk about the park but again, they just don't know what their going to see, especially the turnout with all the surrounding schools coming out to support

27 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I still feel like that Appo has no idea what they are about to experience. They hear all the talk about the park but again, they just don't know what their going to see, especially the turnout with all the surrounding schools coming out to support

Gregory agrees... http://www.heraldcourier.com/sports/gregory-column-there-s-not-place-to-play-like-bullitt/article_701d14e0-d262-11e7-97a3-039cbb2d225f.html

58 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Ryan will you guys be doing a podcast this week.

Yep! It'll come out Wednesday afternoon. And I'll be Facebook live streaming the Union entrance from the Podcast Facebook account.

41 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Giles fans, I have a question for you since you've seen both Graham and Appomattox. First, is Graves faster than Cooke? And second, is scruggs better than Allen? And if so, where?

Not a Giles fan, but I've watched Appomattox. Graves is not faster than Cooke, however Graves is a much better play maker than Cooke. Yes, Scruggs is better than allen. He is much more experienced and has more play makers around him than Allen does. 

40 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Giles fans, I have a question for you since you've seen both Graham and Appomattox. First, is Graves faster than Cooke? And second, is scruggs better than Allen? And if so, where?

Between Graves and Cooke, I think Cooke wins when it comes to speed. But Graves is very quick, will catch anything that is thrown in his general area, and will out-jump anyone on the field with him IMO. He is dangerous on the slant routes and when he goes deep Scruggs throws a ball that only he can catch. If Graves gets half a step on you then Scruggs will drop the bomb right over his shoulder.

Between Scruggs and Allen, I think Scruggs wins in all catagories. He's quick, plays smart, throws well under pressure, very accurate, and throws a mean bullet(usually to Graves). Granted, Giles wasn't able to get much pressure on him but when they did he didn't fold. 

But Unions defense is on a whole different level than Giles. Glenvars defense is a lot better than Giles and I know Union has a better D than Glenvar as well. Union won't shut Appo down completely, but I think they limit the big plays like Glenvar did with the exception of that last 51yd td.

7 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Between Graves and Cooke, I think Cooke wins when it comes to speed. But Graves is very quick, will catch anything that is thrown in his general area, and will out-jump anyone on the field with him IMO. He is dangerous on the slant routes and when he goes deep Scruggs throws a ball that only he can catch. If Graves gets half a step on you then Scruggs will drop the bomb right over his shoulder.

Between Scruggs and Allen, I think Scruggs wins in all catagories. He's quick, plays smart, throws well under pressure, very accurate, and throws a mean bullet(usually to Graves). Granted, Giles wasn't able to get much pressure on him but when they did he didn't fold. 

But Unions defense is on a whole different level than Giles. Glenvars defense is a lot better than Giles and I know Union has a better D than Glenvar as well. Union won't shut Appo down completely, but I think they limit the big plays like Glenvar did with the exception of that last 51yd td.

Good information, thanks! I figured Graves was a bit of a better player than Cooke, but I trust Unions team defense on that front. What worries me is Graves getting over the top and outrunning our secondary. 

Just now, Unionguy_2017 said:

Good information, thanks! I figured Graves was a bit of a better player than Cooke, but I trust Unions team defense on that front. What worries me is Graves getting over the top and outrunning our secondary. 

Cooke is a great Athlete but if I'm picking between him or Graves I'm going with Graves. He is more of a playmaker from what I've seen in person and on film. And if he gets half a step on your secondary he's taking it to the house. Appomattox is well coached all the way around. They play smart, disciplined football but they can be beat. And Union has the best chance of anyone else in 2A to do that IMO. I think the 12th man will really make a difference in this game. Be as loud as you can for 48 minutes.

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Cooke is a great Athlete but if I'm picking between him or Graves I'm going with Graves. He is more of a playmaker from what I've seen in person and on film. And if he gets half a step on your secondary he's taking it to the house. Appomattox is well coached all the way around. They play smart, disciplined football but they can be beat. And Union has the best chance of anyone else in 2A to do that IMO. I think the 12th man will really make a difference in this game. Be as loud as you can for 48 minutes.

I'll be screaming until I lose my voice and ringing the cowbell until it breaks. 

Just now, Unionguy_2017 said:

I'll be screaming until I lose my voice and ringing the cowbell until it breaks. 

Also be on the look out for any train horns laying around. From what I hear it's the only thing that scares Appomattox. They just might forfeit the game if they hear one.

8 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Also be on the look out for any train horns laying around. From what I hear it's the only thing that scares Appomattox. They just might forfeit the game if they hear one.

If we cant get Giles' train horn maybe our neighbors and friends from Gate City might just bring there horn. It would be a well appreciated gesture (hint hint wink wink). And also maybe our buddies in Lee county might just bring the cannon down too. Just some simple suggestions lol

1 hour ago, PV2VT said:

If we cant get Giles' train horn maybe our neighbors and friends from Gate City might just bring there horn. It would be a well appreciated gesture (hint hint wink wink). And also maybe our buddies in Lee county might just bring the cannon down too. Just some simple suggestions lol

Doubt the cannon moves, but they do have a horn.