The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

49 minutes ago, T52OS said:

I hope you are right! However I keep thinking about a 4-7 Team that held the bears to 6 points through almost 4 quarters. 13 points won’t win this game!

That was ONE game. 

This 4-6 team lost to:

Union TWICE. Union is playing in the state semifinals, are undefeated and going by VHSL average alone, are tied for number 1 in 2a.  The other 2a team with a 27.0 rating lost in the playoffs.

Blacksburg: 9-1 in regular season. Just lost to TWICE defending 4A champions, Salem, a team they thumped 49-12 in regular season.

Bluefield WV: undefeated currently I do believe. They are about to play for an 11th State Championship?

William Byrd: a 4A team. 8-2 in regular season? Not sure which round they lost.

Marion: who lost to VA High, who wasn’t a bad team and a great Graham team. They also got beat down by undefeated Union second round 49-15, who is playing in the state semifinals.

Graham: Lost to undefeated Bluefield, who is undefeated and playing for an 11th State title. It was the first game and was controversial. Got beat down by Union in Region 2D finals 37-0.

13 points will not beat Appomattox UNLESS Appomattox only scores 12 or fewer points.

4 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Hmmm i see they only scored 18 points for the majority of their games .

Burton 35-0

Richlands 16-7

LCC 55-27

Ridgeview 34-19

Gate City 48-0

Mo west 14-10

Lee 24-6

Central 45-0

Abingdon 35-7

Battle 57-29

Richlands 13-10

Marion 49-15

Graham 37-0

Do the math for yourself if you don't believe me. 

1 minute ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Burton 35-0

Richlands 16-7

LCC 55-27

Ridgeview 34-19

Gate City 48-0

Mo west 14-10

Lee 24-6

Central 45-0

Abingdon 35-7

Battle 57-29

Richlands 13-10

Marion 49-15

Graham 37-0

Do the math for yourself if you don't believe me. 

Your right i was looking at the wrong line . I really need glasses. Thanks

10 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Hmmm i see they only scored 18 points for the majority of their games .

Three games out of 13 we were held u see 14 points. And still won. Twice against a stingy Richlands team with no quit in em and once against a 6A Tennessee Morristown West. If three is a majority of 13, then sure. We only allow 10 per game though. 

I’m not really sure of the point u were trying to make Sir  

Edit:  I see where u mentioned u read the wrong line.  No worries.

1 minute ago, BearDawg said:

Three games out of 13 we were held u see 14 points. And still won. Twice against a stingy Richlands team with no quit in em and once against a 6A Tennessee Morristown West. If three is a majority of 13, then sure. We only allow 10 per game though. 

I’m not really sure of the point u were trying to make Sir  

Not trying to make a point at all, just doing a little couch research.

Okay...question is....WHO SAVING ME A SEAT? Hot dog on me, but I hear the pizza is good.

This was some good reading material. I dont come on this forum, but now I know why, but I had to read what was being said about this game. 

I actually thought Union's one dimensional O was going to be easy to beat by Raiders, but I changed my views on that. I actually seen Appo get ran on a few times this season. One thing that nobody is talking about on here is TURNOVERS! I think who wins that battle wins game. I do believe this is going to be a tight game and no "walk in the (bullit) park." If the atmosphere is something that yall think we will fear? You thought wrong. 90% of this team has been at big games when the atmosphere was electric. Now the bus ride on Saturday.....Now that might take a toll on us...I hope not but its been a while since we have traveled that far. It is what it is and may the best team win on Saturday. FYI...I will be streaming from Hampton....Wont be at the game.

On 11/26/2017 at 4:05 PM, CriticalNoise said:

I'm just ready to see their reaction when union still isn't at the stadium with 10 minutes til kickoff. And that entrance though..

Nothing new? We seen it last year so them reactions have already been shown when we wondered where the team was until we heard the reasoning for the late entrance. It crept the crowd like somebody passed gas. 

5 hours ago, EH31 said:

10 bucks if you post this on VAPreps 

Why dont you post it buddy? EH...And Im the "dramatic" one.....riiiiiiiight? You a dang trip. 

If Appomattox struggles against the run...they could be in trouble..i know appo should be favored just because there back to back state champions but i really do think union will win this game...appo will score sum points but i look for the bears to use up 75 percent of the clock...go bears...this blue tornado fan is pulling for ya..

30 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Okay...question is....WHO SAVING ME A SEAT? Hot dog on me, but I hear the pizza is good.

This was some good reading material. I dont come on this forum, but now I know why, but I had to read what was being said about this game. 

I actually thought Union's one dimensional O was going to be easy to beat by Raiders, but I changed my views on that. I actually seen Appo get ran on a few times this season. One thing that nobody is talking about on here is TURNOVERS! I think who wins that battle wins game. I do believe this is going to be a tight game and no "walk in the (bullit) park." If the atmosphere is something that yall think we will fear? You thought wrong. 90% of this team has been at big games when the atmosphere was electric. Now the bus ride on Saturday.....Now that might take a toll on us...I hope not but its been a while since we have traveled that far. It is what it is and may the best team win on Saturday. FYI...I will be streaming from Hampton....Wont be at the game.

Nothing new? We seen it last year so them reactions have already been shown when we wondered where the team was until we heard the reasoning for the late entrance. It crept the crowd like somebody passed gas. 

Why dont you post it buddy? EH...And Im the "dramatic" one.....riiiiiiiight? You a dang trip. 

Agreed on the turnover game. Take always for the D is huge and will be in this game. As for our late arrival, I’m sure it’ll be a little different at our home field. Congrats on the back to back titles. That requires respect. Great run. But I’ve got a gut feeling the run stops at the Park. 

On a a side note, your coach seems top notch. 

46 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Last year wasn't even considered nearly a "late entry". They may show up 15 minutes before kickoff or they may show up 5 minutes after. Cant start without us, and all theyll get is flaghed. Football is just different in SWVA than it is up that way. It just doesn't feel the same outside of the region. I'm not sure. Big atmosphere games huh, that's why the stream I watched from glenvar last week the lady was complaining about cowbell, and I couldn't even hardly hear it on the video. This is like going to a high school version of a  Texas A&M game 

On 11/27/2017 at 8:12 AM, PV2VT said:

If we cant get Giles' train horn maybe our neighbors and friends from Gate City might just bring there horn. It would be a well appreciated gesture (hint hint wink wink). And also maybe our buddies in Lee county might just bring the cannon down too. Just some simple suggestions lol

I think every school in SWVA should contribute something to the cause.  Marion graciously offers Union a hurricane warning siren and a goat.

47 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Welcome aboard, advocate! You're the only guy I recognize from preps. There's a reason we don't get on there, and why you all don't normally come here. We'll leave it at that ?

As for the game, you're absolutely spot on. Your analysis is exactly what anyone who really knows football would say. I appreciate you acknowledging that Unions one deminsional offense is actually something for you all to worry about. Most appo fans wouldn't. We have a ton of respect for the raiders. I've called last years version the best high school team I've ever seen. But that was 2016. This is a new year with New raiders and new bears. Thank god lol. 

As for the atmosphere, I promise you all haven't seen anything like this. It may be the most electric the park will be since the late 90s and that's saying something. With pretty much all of SWVA coming, it's gonna be insane. You all have probably played in front of a larger crowd, in a larger stadium, against better teams. But not this. I guarantee this will be the first visit you all have ever made where the fans will be at the park by midnight on the night before.