The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

5 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I think every school in SWVA should contribute something to the cause.  Marion graciously offers Union a hurricane warning siren and a goat.

if every team in region d wants to bring a noise maker and a crowd by all means come on down. I'd love to pack Bullit Park with reps from everywhere to support the bears with loud noise makers!

3 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I think every school in SWVA should contribute something to the cause.  Marion graciously offers Union a hurricane warning siren and a goat.

On behalf of VHS, all we can really offer is moral support. We're kings of the mountain top in baseball, but have nothing of historical significance to offer in football. Sorry!?

Maybe we can loan you our potential All-State LB for a day? Aside from that, we'll just have to cheer as loud as possible.

Go Bears!!

22 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Welcome aboard, advocate! You're the only guy I recognize from preps. There's a reason we don't get on there, and why you all don't normally come here. We'll leave it at that ?

As for the game, you're absolutely spot on. Your analysis is exactly what anyone who really knows football would say. I appreciate you acknowledging that Unions one deminsional offense is actually something for you all to worry about. Most appo fans wouldn't. We have a ton of respect for the raiders. I've called last years version the best high school team I've ever seen. But that was 2016. This is a new year with New raiders and new bears. Thank god lol. 

As for the atmosphere, I promise you all haven't seen anything like this. It may be the most electric the park will be since the late 90s and that's saying something. With pretty much all of SWVA coming, it's gonna be insane. You all have probably played in front of a larger crowd, in a larger stadium, against better teams. But not this. I guarantee this will be the first visit you all have ever made where the fans will be at the park by midnight on the night before. 

What a great post and I want to believe you and thank you for your kind words but......

8 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

The coaching is good but with those athletes we could take 5 or 6 of us from this forum and form a coaching staff and win a ring or two. 

you only negated the first one by expressing this in another post....

1 minute ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

What a great post and I want to believe you and thank you for your kind words but......

Don't take that serious. That's more of a props to the athletes of those teams than it is a shot at the coaches. C'mon man

1 hour ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Why dont you post it buddy? EH...And Im the "dramatic" one.....riiiiiiiight? You a dang trip. 

I'm not the one who said it..so I wouldn't post it...but $10 would be worth the entertainment of seeing all of Appomattox county up in arms defending their messiah 

14 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Seeing Advacate post on this forum I'm definitely contacting Terry tomorrow about taking the horn ???

We need the dude from Gate City with the truck mounted horns to show up...shock and awe, the yankee board invaders are trying to get a rise out of us. Appo has two state championships and their kids and coach have my respect but those mouth pieces just crack me up , talking about what they done in 15 and 16 ....yep you took us to the woodshed but guess what ...it’s 2017

24 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Seeing Advacate post on this forum I'm definitely contacting Terry tomorrow about taking the horn ???

Bring it on....I have no issues....BLOW IT AT WILL!!! We are in your playground. Our AD set us up with the scheduling this year with the points. I know this because i was "in the know." He been trying to get out of Appomattox for 3 years.. He has applied for many different schools in the city and nobody wants him. Believe me this is not just me expressing this about him.

He is horrible...I cant wait until somebody swoops him up. It will be a relief. 

Edited by AdvocateOfMany434
added the points and reason for scheduling hurting us.

8 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

He was only giving a solid compliment to the caliber of athletes y’all had. Not a slight to ur coach. 

1 hour ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

This was some good reading material. I dont come on this forum, but now I know why, but I had to read what was being said about this game. 

No need to lie... I'm just glad you took the 30 seconds to register this year instead of pulling another bush league move like you did last year when Union played Appomattox. Remember.. you came to this message board, copied probably at least 5 posts, then went to VAPreps and pasted them all in separate quotes and then wrote a smartass reply to each one. When I called you out on it you said you didn't have time to register over here... but you had the time to copy and paste and switch between two the sites.

I thought that was a pretty "look at me" dramatic thing to do. Remember when that happened? I remember when that happened. 

so let's not act like you haven't been around here before. But congratulations on finally mastering that tricky registration process and welcome to SWVASports.com where it's SWVA vs. everybody. 

10 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Bring it on....I have no issues....BLOW IT AT WILL!!! We are in your playground. Our AD set us up with the scheduling this year with the points. I know this because i was "in the know." He been trying to get out of Appomattox for 3 years.. He has applied for many different schools in the city and nobody wants him. Believe me this is not just me expressing this about him.

He is horrible...I cant wait until somebody swoops him up. It will be a relief. 

You, your AD, and your principal are scared to death of that horn. It didn't beat Appo in 2013. A State Championship football team beat Appo. I just don't know how y'all plan on sending Athletes to D1 schools, when they can't hand a little noise at a high school football game. Yes, I'm being salty as shit right now. But all saltiness aside, I have much respect for Coach Smith and the Appo community for how they've handled the tragedies of years past.

1 minute ago, EH31 said:

No need to lie... I'm just glad you took the 30 seconds to register this year instead of pulling another bush league move like you did last year when Union played Appomattox. Remember.. you came to this message board, copied probably at least 5 posts, then went to VAPreps and pasted them all in separate quotes and then wrote a smartass reply to each one. When I called you out on it you said you didn't have time to register over here... but you had the time to copy and paste and switch between two the sites.

I thought that was a pretty "look at me" dramatic thing to do. Remember when that happened? I remember when that happened. 

so let's not act like you haven't been around here before. But congratulations on finally mastering that tricky registration process and welcome to SWVASports.com where it's SWVA vs. everybody. 

yes i remember....so what? I said i didnt want to register because I would be roasted here....not because I didnt have time (there you go acting "E"mpty "H"eaded again). I only come around during playoffs. I can honestly say the first time i been here this year is tonight. Guess who's post compelled me to register???? NO OTHER THAN YOU and your smart mouth about 10 bucks. All these post and YOU have the one that had me register. You are a piece of work. 

1 minute ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

yes i remember....so what? I said i didnt want to register because I would be roasted here....not because I didnt have time (there you go acting "E"mpty "H"eaded again). I only come around during playoffs. I can honestly say the first time i been here this year is tonight. Guess who's post compelled me to register???? NO OTHER THAN YOU and your smart mouth about 10 bucks. All these post and YOU have the one that had me register. You are a piece of work. 

You still don't get how lame of a move that was? If you didn't want to register then there was no need for you to take posts from registered members here and write a rebuttal somewhere they would never see it. That was a middle school girl move. 

But again, I'm glad you took the time to register. Most people here are nice and welcoming so if you look over me you'll probably enjoy your time here. 

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

Last year wasn't even considered nearly a "late entry". They may show up 15 minutes before kickoff or they may show up 5 minutes after. Cant start without us, and all theyll get is flaghed. Football is just different in SWVA than it is up that way. It just doesn't feel the same outside of the region. I'm not sure. Big atmosphere games huh, that's why the stream I watched from glenvar last week the lady was complaining about cowbell, and I couldn't even hardly hear it on the video. This is like going to a high school version of a  Texas A&M game 

I was thinking more like Starkvegas, but either works.

As far as all swva programs showing up in support of the Bears im bringing my big mouth and I'm moderately famous across swva lol

Union is vulnerable to deep outside passed  (streak, fade) and it sounds like Appo may be able to exploit that.  Appo isint strong a against the run and Union WILL exploit that.  

Unions game plan has got to be the same as the past 2 weeks  (which ive seen in person) control the game by controlling tempo.  Grind it out on Offense and limit big plays on Defense. 

GO Bears!!!

9 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

I'll be there with my small Richlands cowbell. Unless I can find a bigger one. Not sure what side I will sit on though cuz I love hearing the reactions on the visitors side

That is a lot more fun! I'm gonna go covert and infiltrate the visitors side..just like this board has been infiltrated by the Germans

1 hour ago, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

Guys They are adding aluminum bleachers on each end zone!! That will give son extra seating.  

Imagine that. They added actual seating unlike Appo adding “seating” for Richlands two years ago. It was two sets of bleachers that held 30 people each. 

Can’t wait for this game. Can’t express how much I want Union to beat the brakes off Appo. It may not happen, but I hope to God it does.