The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

17 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

I guess yall didnt get the memo about the kicker. Jamerson graduated last year and plays for U of Charleston as starting punter. We have a solid kicker just as good or even better that can BANG!!!!! He will hit a FG from 50 if they put him out here. He is a transfer from a private school in area (Fuqua). He is only a Junior. Dont worry...the 80 yard drives will still happen. This kid is amazing and probably going to be highly recruited next year. 

If only you would have registered earlier this year to pass on the memo to us. 

Good for him. I hope the best for him. 

31 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

I guess yall didnt get the memo about the kicker. Jamerson graduated last year and plays for U of Charleston as starting punter. We have a solid kicker just as good or even better that can BANG!!!!! He will hit a FG from 50 if they put him out here. He is a transfer from a private school in area (Fuqua). He is only a Junior. Dont worry...the 80 yard drives will still happen. This kid is amazing and probably going to be highly recruited next year. 

I didn't get the email newsletter that said you guys started recruiting from private schools ?

2 hours ago, PV2VT said:

Simple question. Have you even seen the bears offense? We run more than just James. Heck Owens has more post season yards than Mitchell. Zirkle gets plenty of touches up the middle too. the more you type on here the more im certain you have only watched the Bears play once and that was against what ever team you pull for. Im assuming the walmart warriors lol

James is the go to when you need a score!! You know that! 

36 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Same answer. If our D stays strong, he should only get a couple few kicks anyway. 

Hope he does well in college. 

20 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I didn't get the email newsletter that said you guys started recruiting from private schools ?

Okay... imma go outside myself a bit. You sir...are a jerk! I dont do the name calling...but on this forum and the other, you been on my jock strap like stinky sweat! How about we ignore each other and the forums would be a better place. You are the one that calls me dramatic but u want to turn every thread we on together a pissing match. 

Actually we lost our up and coming kicker to a back injury in off season. From what i know, he will never play sports again. We never sought this kid out... from what i know he is a strong Christian and wanted to play for a God fearing man like Doug Smith. He sought us out not the other way jerk. Miss me with the recruiting bull crap!

I am actually enjoying the kindness in these uncharted waters. Looking for a good game and may best team win! I have never did the prediction thing. 

2 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Okay... imma go outside myself a bit. You sir...are a jerk! I dont do the name calling...but on this forum and the other, you been on my jock strap like stinky sweat! How about we ignore each other and the forums would be a better place. You are the one that calls me dramatic but u want to turn every thread we on together a pissing match. 

Actually we lost our up and coming kicker to a back injury in off season. From what i know, he will never play sports again. We never sought this kid out... from what i know he is a strong Christian and wanted to play for a God fearing man like Doug Smith. He sought us out not the other way jerk. Miss me with the recruiting bull crap!

I am actually enjoying the kindness in these uncharted waters. Looking for a good game and may best team win! I have never did the prediction thing. 

giphy.gif

You gotta learn to take a joke lil buddy. I don't honestly believe you recruited a kicker out of a private school but you yourself have accused Richlands of recruiting so I had to get a jab in. 

Also.. why would anyone get a memo about your kicker?

What crazy is now that Richlands is not a threat this yr...i didnt hear a peep from anyone about it. Many moved on to Graham about the recruiting thing. ?

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

giphy.gif

You gotta learn to take a joke lil buddy. I don't honestly believe you recruited a kicker out of a private school but you yourself have accused Richlands of recruiting so I had to get a jab in. 

Also.. why would anyone get a memo about your kicker?

Does anybody know if you can watch this game online..or is it just the state championship that they put online...i want to see this game bad but im 5 hours from home working and we work sat..one good thing i get to watch the beavers fri night im only 1 exit away from wheeling island..so i will have beaver fever fri night...lol...which i have that most nights if ya know what i mean...

45 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Does anybody know if you can watch this game online..or is it just the state championship that they put online...i want to see this game bad but im 5 hours from home working and we work sat..one good thing i get to watch the beavers fri night im only 1 exit away from wheeling island..so i will have beaver fever fri night...lol...which i have that most nights if ya know what i mean...

☝️

This guy!!!  Good stuff. And a dolphins fan. What is there, like three of us left lol. 

51 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

☝️

This guy!!!  Good stuff. And a dolphins fan. What is there, like three of us left lol. 

If he's a LOLfins fan he needs plenty of beaver to keep him from blowing his brains out :)

12 hours ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Lighten up. I'm sorry to hear about the kid that got injured, and hope him the best,  but on this board we all joke and jab at each other, and as a Richlands fan I have heard about anything you can hear about recruiting, but when our team is out, we pull for the team from our area that is still playing, even if it is the team that just beat ours, whose fans may have posted about recruiting.  IMO if you are coming to this board, bring a tough skin, take everything lightly, be a good sport, and know that if Appo wins over Union, we will be pulling for them in the State final.  That's just the way it works, no need to get all huffy and out of shape about it, just learn to enjoy the atmosphere. A Richlands Fan that says GO BEARS!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Lighten up. I'm sorry to hear about the kid that got injured, and hope him the best,  but on this board we all joke and jab at each other, and as a Richlands fan I have heard about anything you can hear about recruiting, but when our team is out, we pull for the team from our area that is still playing, even if it is the team that just beat ours, whose fans may have posted about recruiting.  IMO if you are coming to this board, bring a tough skin, take everything lightly, be a good sport, and know that if Appo wins over Union, we will be pulling for them in the State final.  That's just the way it works, no need to get all huffy and out of shape about it, just learn to enjoy the atmosphere. A Richlands Fan that says GO BEARS!!!!!

I'm even pulling for Bluefield, WV to win the WV state title Friday night!  Go Beavers!!!

I pull for every single Region D team except J I Burton. Well I guess I can pull for Burton but I would have to really think about it first. Im kidding, to me and what I gather about most of southwest Virginia, we pull for our young men no matter what team it is. As long as the forgotten about coal fields are represented that team will have my support.

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

13 hours ago, T52OS said:

James is the go to when you need a score!! You know that! 

This article proves that Union is more than just James. I guess it must me hard to on an island thinking that Union only has 1 good player when literally everybody else knows that Union has a monster backfield made up of different young men who can and has made more plays than Mitchell. Prime example, Marion game. Union put up 49 points in which 0 were scored by Mitchell. Im proud as can be of James. Not many young men would have been willing to sacrifice their position just to help the team. James not only sacrificed being a fulltime wide out/tight end to be a playmaker in the backfield, but he done it knowing that it could hurt his recruiting. Don't get me wrong, James is still going D1 at a wide out/Tight end, but he was not able to pad those position specific stats this season due to injury. Instead, James stepped up as a team player and has lead the Bears to an undefeated number 1 seed team that every single coach that has faced them fears. No couch out there that has stepped on the turf against Union would say that the Bears are a one man show that can't win without that one man. IMO, Owens is by far a better back than James. Qualls is right there at James' level on as a defensive back. and Zirkel is tougher than James between the tackles. With that said, James has the magic touch that makes him special. Hes not the fastest. He cant jump the highest. Hes not the shiftiest. Hes not the strongest. But he is head and shoulders above most because he embodies all of these attributes at a high level. Those that can out jump him may not be able to catch as good as him, or may not be as strong as him. Those who are stronger may not be able to out run him or be as football smart as him. those who are better in coverage on defense may not be able to out jump him or out catch him. James brings a high level, maybe not the highest but high level of everything it takes to be a good ball player. Now you combine James' high level of everything mixed with the other young men's high level in specific areas and you have an offense that cant be stopped. James makes the other player better. He brings competitiveness and drive that all the other players feed off of. You can hate on the bears all you want but I promise you that both Big Stone Gap and Appalachia are proud as can be of James and the Bears.

Not many small towns like we have in our area can boast like region d on the number of athletes we have sent on to the next level. Not many 2A schools can brag about the athletes they have like region d can. We have put people in the pros out of 700 student schools multiple times and placed numerous young men and women into college level sports. Im proud to say that these old dirty abandoned forgotten coalfield towns can make some of the best well rounded athletes in Virginia.

25 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

This article proves that Union is more than just James. I guess it must me hard to on an island thinking that Union only has 1 good player when literally everybody else knows that Union has a monster backfield made up of different young men who can and has made more plays than Mitchell. Prime example, Marion game. Union put up 49 points in which 0 were scored by Mitchell. Im proud as can be of James. Not many young men would have been willing to sacrifice their position just to help the team. James not only sacrificed being a fulltime wide out/tight end to be a playmaker in the backfield, but he done it knowing that it could hurt his recruiting. Don't get me wrong, James is still going D1 at a wide out/Tight end, but he was not able to pad those position specific stats this season due to injury. Instead, James stepped up as a team player and has lead the Bears to an undefeated number 1 seed team that every single coach that has faced them fears. No couch out there that has stepped on the turf against Union would say that the Bears are a one man show that can't win without that one man. IMO, Owens is by far a better back than James. Qualls is right there at James' level on as a defensive back. and Zirkel is tougher than James between the tackles. With that said, James has the magic touch that makes him special. Hes not the fastest. He cant jump the highest. Hes not the shiftiest. Hes not the strongest. But he is head and shoulders above most because he embodies all of these attributes at a high level. Those that can out jump him may not be able to catch as good as him, or may not be as strong as him. Those who are stronger may not be able to out run him or be as football smart as him. those who are better in coverage on defense may not be able to out jump him or out catch him. James brings a high level, maybe not the highest but high level of everything it takes to be a good ball player. Now you combine James' high level of everything mixed with the other young men's high level in specific areas and you have an offense that cant be stopped. James makes the other player better. He brings competitiveness and drive that all the other players feed off of. You can hate on the bears all you want but I promise you that both Big Stone Gap and Appalachia are proud as can be of James and the Bears.

Not many small towns like we have in our area can boast like region d on the number of athletes we have sent on to the next level. Not many 2A schools can brag about the athletes they have like region d can. We have put people in the pros out of 700 student schools multiple times and placed numerous young men and women into college level sports. Im proud to say that these old dirty abandoned forgotten coalfield towns can make some of the best well rounded athletes in Virginia.

James is a fine young man as the others are also! You missed the whole point!! 

Good read here!  

Appo fan and dad of two boys on the team.  Want to take a second to shout out a thanks for all the support thrown Appomattox's way.  The program has flourished over the past three-four years under Coach Smith.  What a great Richalnds team we played in 15 and the Union and Richlands teams of 16 were good too.  That Raiders team of 16 was jjsut something special.  One the likes Union knows from back in their split days.  LOTS of respect up here for both of those programs!  You don't make the deep run they both have without good athletes, feeder programs, and coaching.

Also thanks for the respect given to Coach Smith.  Not in the matter of what he has done football wise for Appomattox but for what he has done "character" wise for the young men in Appomattox.  He goes so far beyond being a football coach to these boys!  I feel very blessed to have him coaching my boys and experiencing the love of Christ he exudes. 

Don't think we are all the "axis powers" over here.  :) 

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Good read here!  

Appo fan and dad of two boys on the team.  Want to take a second to shout out a thanks for all the support thrown Appomattox's way.  The program has flourished over the past three-four years under Coach Smith.  What a great Richalnds team we played in 15 and the Union and Richlands teams of 16 were good too.  That Raiders team of 16 was jjsut something special.  One the likes Union knows from back in their split days.  LOTS of respect up here for both of those programs!  You don't make the deep run they both have without good athletes, feeder programs, and coaching.

Also thanks for the respect given to Coach Smith.  Not in the matter of what he has done football wise for Appomattox but for what he has done "character" wise for the young men in Appomattox.  He goes so far beyond being a football coach to these boys!  I feel very blessed to have him coaching my boys and experiencing the love of Christ he exudes. 

Welcome! This is a good site, and we have a real moderator here that doesn't allow all the ridiculous stupidity that occurs on preps.

Going to be a GREAT Saturday! :)

2 hours ago, BoBob said:

Good read here!  

Welcome to the sight and hope you have a safe trip to SWVA.  It's going to be a great atmosphere at Bullit Park and I think you'll find the majority of the Union fans very respectful.  We are thankful that you guys have such a great coach with that Christ like attitude that so many of our youth never see, and we wish all your players a safe game, should be a barn burner. This is going to be a game the players will remember a lifetime.

2 hours ago, BoBob said:

Good read here!  

Good to have ya on here with us! Im glad you're enjoying what you've read so far. I personally want to say this, Yall have built a very nice program in a short time and that is awesome. I know the feeling of being the program that others are gunning for. Its an amazing feeling. As for Saturday, Bullitt Park will be an experience yall should never forget. Its a loud and proud place full of supportive people that truly love and care for the young men on the field. We hold so much community spirit and pride but are respectful and hospitable. Hope to see ya at Bullitt Park Saturday!

3 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I just found out that if Union wins they will play at Salem. If Appomattox wins, they will play at William and Mary to help with travel cost. If Staunton River beats Heritage, they will play at Salem on Friday night. I find this kind of strange.

Seems odd that the VHSL would have made this change.