The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

To add on to my last post in the film I have seen on appo they have a bigger sized linebacker I believe number 54. I look for Travis to test him early on in the games to see if he can run side to side and keep up with the speed on our jet sweeps. 

I hope were loud enough that the sound will be physically felt. Ground shaking loud is what im looking for! In just over 24 hours we will see what should be one heck of a game! GO BEARS!!!

2 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

It’s going to be the loudest it’s been since Consolidation in 2011. Probably the loudest it’s Been since Appalachia Vs PV in 97.

That game was epic, what memories that brings back.

1 minute ago, SXSW said:

That game was epic, what memories that brings back.

What was the total number of people at that game? I remember hearing numbers of 10,000 but I cant recall an actual count.

1 minute ago, PV2VT said:

What was the total number of people at that game? I remember hearing numbers of 10,000 but I cant recall an actual count.

It's hard to say. I know there were more than 6,000 at the Lee/PV game in '89. That is confirmed, and it felt like there were more at the PV/APPY game.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

It's hard to say. I know there were more than 6,000 at the Lee/PV game in '89. That is confirmed, and it felt like there were more at the PV/APPY game.

I was at the PV/Appy game and I remember people being packed in at least 10 to 15 rows deep around the track. It was crazy packed. I hope tomorrow blows both of those games out on attendance! I would love to see numbers of 12,000 or more there!

34 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

My only question is.... Is Bullit Park ready to be loud? 

I think so. I’ve got two busted blisters on my hand from ringing my cowbell every snap graham took last week that haven’t healed yet. And I plan on wrapping up and doubling down this week as well. I was at the 97 game. Electric is the buzz word. Tomoorw could very well eclipse that level. I can’t wait to see the turn out. I’m guessing 8k in all reality. 

4 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

I was at the PV/Appy game and I remember people being packed in at least 10 to 15 rows deep around the track. It was crazy packed. I hope tomorrow blows both of those games out on attendance! I would love to see numbers of 12,000 or more there!

That would be crazy wouldn’t it!  Can’t wait!!!

Just now, BearDawg said:

I think so. I’ve got to busted blisters on my hand from ringing my cowbell every snap graham took last week that haven’t healed yet. And I plan on wrapping up and doubling down this week as well. I was at the 97 game. Electric is the buzz word. Tomoorw could very well eclipse that level. I can’t wait to see the turn out. I’m guessing 8k in all reality. 

I had to constantly switch hands to keep from getting blisters. I'm thinking about getting one of those shiny Michael Jackson gloves for my designated cowbell hand. LOL

9 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I had to constantly switch hands to keep from getting blisters. I'm thinking about getting one of those shiny Michael Jackson gloves for my designated cowbell hand. LOL

Lol. I’ve got my handle wrapped with a baseball bat grip. So I’m thinking batters gloves haha. Swapping hands didn’t help. I had these two by the first qtr and they were busted. Devotion haha. Plus the bell is about six pounds. It’s not Thor’s hammer. Maybe it’s little cousin. 

25 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

I am a Gate City Alum and GC open date was always the last week of the regular season, and there was probably twenty of us from GC there just in our little group.

1 hour ago, PV2VT said:

I don't see 12,000 showing because I don't see Appo bringing that many people but if we can get 6,000 Union fans its gonna get loud.  

32 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

This afternoon sky was PV blue , sun is setting now that is Union orange, tonight will be Union blue and Sat promises to be plenty of Appy blue in the bruises 

Appo blue on the union bears.

Union 22

Appomattox 16

This game will come down to special teams. Mitchell will return a 4th qtr punt for a td. Seems like every team keeps punting it to him (Why?) and Appo will be no different. Hopefully both teams will have an injury free game and the referees call a clean game. Either let them play or call it both ways.