The rematch: Appomattox @ Union

CriticalNoise

10 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

CONGRATS TO APPOMATTOX. Good luck going forward. 

Congrats to Appomattox.  Congrats to the bears we’ve had a great season , and honestly we shouldn’t have even been in this game. Richland had us beat then just handed it over to us. We had a great season nothing to hang your head over. I didn’t think one dimensional with not True QB could win . The bears finally to make a game out of it though. 

Congrats to Appomattox. Game came down to special teams, and that was the main difference. A couple of calls/non-calls made a difference in 14 points as well...both on Bears punts. The players who made the biggest impact on the game, IMO, were the nose tackles for Appo. In the first half, Union couldn’t run their offense due to penetration from that position...got fixed after halftime but, that was a quarter and a half too late. It is what it is...pretty good game, though.

32 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Congrats to Appomattox.  Congrats to the bears we’ve had a great season , and honestly we shouldn’t have even been in this game. Richland had us beat then just handed it over to us. We had a great season nothing to hang your head over. I didn’t think one dimensional with not True QB could win . The bears finally to make a game out of it though. 

You sir are a straight jack ass

17 minutes ago, Union's hammer said:

You sir are a straight jack ass

You may be right! However I blame this site for those that pumped up our boys that Appomattox would be a cake walk! The bears played a very weak schedule this season. The toughest defense we face all year was that Richland team. If they would have had any offense they would have beat us twice. We were one dimensional IMO! 

Congratulations to Appomattox, and good luck next week. Congratulations to the Bears on a great season, I hate to see it end for the Seniors on this team, a great run from a great group of young men. Glad I was able to watch you all this year!!  From what I saw it was a class act from Appomattox team and fans. Very well coached. Much respect for the pre game prayer. As for the game, a tale of two halves.......Appomattox won the 1st half, and Union won the 2nd.....just couldn't overcome getting down that much early. Special teams was a killer.........

The d line play from Appomattox was exceptional, kept the Bears struggling all day long. Hats off to both teams on a well played season. Good luck Appomattox, this Bears fan is pulling for you next week!!!

I hope all that was injured today was nothing serious and everyone makes a full recovery.

As for the refs, I will not say I agree with all the calls they made. I do not believe that a referee or a crew can cost you a ballgame. That being said if Union plays their ballgame, should be no questions of the out come. We lost special teams today. We gave up 20 in the first half, and 3 in the second half. So no the refs did not lose this ballgame. We scored 0 in first half and 20 in the second half. So hats off to Appomattox, you guys where the better team today!!!!

I want to say congrats on a heck of a season. started off slow and without the Punt Return....well.....

Yalls O didnt surprise me a bit. I saw that coming and we was going to let a few big banger plays go like Mitchells TD run. What surprised me the most was the D. yalls D held their own and got through on our line at will. Scruggs could not throw the ball because he didnt have time. Great showing by Union, but Im proud of our boys going down to Bullit Park that was loud and proud of their team and coming out with win. 28 game winning streak is something to be proud of. Yall defended streak well. 

Mitchell is going to be good but I know he was out of position and that is not his game, but he did it well tonight and tried his best. He did show that he will be a great player on next level...hope he goes to Tech. 

Hope all my Appo fam, players, and SWVA fans get back home safe. Looking forward to many more battles in future. 

18 minutes ago, T52OS said:

You may be right! However I blame this site for those that pumped up our boys that Appomattox would be a cake walk! The bears played a very weak schedule this season. The toughest defense we face all year was that Richland team. If they would have had any offense they would have beat us twice. We were one dimensional IMO! 

If you are an Appo fan trolling this site. STOP! I dont hide behind a screen name. If I talk crap...I do it as ADVOCATEOFMANY434

Im just saying. i read a lot of these post from you and it almost seems like you are a troll from somewhere. If you are from Appo. You are pathetic sir!

18 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:
I want to say congrats on a heck of a season. started off slow and without the Punt Return....well.....

Yalls O didnt surprise me a bit. I saw that coming and we was going to let a few big banger plays go like Mitchells TD run. What surprised me the most was the D. yalls D held their own and got through on our line at will. Scruggs could not throw the ball because he didnt have time. Great showing by Union, but Im proud of our boys going down to Bullit Park that was loud and proud of their team and coming out with win. 28 game winning streak is something to be proud of. Yall defended streak well. 

Mitchell is going to be good but I know he was out of position and that is not his game, but he did it well tonight and tried his best. He did show that he will be a great player on next level...hope he goes to Tech. 

Hope all my Appo fam, players, and SWVA fans get back home safe. Looking forward to many more battles in future. 

Class that’s all that needs to be said

19 minutes ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

If you are an Appo fan trolling this site. STOP! I dont hide behind a screen name. If I talk crap...I do it as ADVOCATEOFMANY434

Im just saying. i read a lot of these post from you and it almost seems like you are a troll from somewhere. If you are from Appo. You are pathetic sir!

This guy is a goof. Congratulations. 

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

I hope that you receive the ass beating you deserve , you stir up crap that don’t need to be said , you are classless without any guts. If you had 1 hair on your ass you would let us know who you are . You are untitled to your opinion , I know I know I am being “rude” again , but tell your momma to let you out more and maybe , just maybe you will develope the social skills that you need

8 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I hope that you receive the ass beating you deserve , you stir up crap that don’t need to be said , you are classless without any guts. If you had 1 hair on your ass you would let us know who you are . You are untitled to your opinion , I know I know I am being “rude” again , but tell your momma to let you out more and maybe , just maybe you will develope the social skills that you need

Truth hurts don’t it! Post like this shows just how much class you have! 

Man....woulda, shoulda, coulda....critical errors on special teams were the difference. I had serious doubts that Union had closed the gap enough from last year, but they did. Closed it more than enough but couldn't overcome special teams errors which lead to 20 Appomattox points. Yeah, the hold on Mitchell should have probably been flagged, but I thought the most critical thing was the shanked punt just before the half. If Union gets off a decent punt there, it's probably 14-0 at the half. What was the deal on the penalty with the punt? From where I stood, it looked like the Appo kid was clearly offside (and he thought so too as did the rest of their team), and it looked like the ref who threw the flag was ready to call it offsides until Santa Clause ref stepped in and appeared (at least from what I could see) to talk them out of it and make a penalty against Union. That series of events was huge. At any rate, I was impressed that Union never panicked or folded when down 20-0. Congrats to the Bears and good luck to Appo next week.

27 minutes ago, T52OS said:

And your name?????gutless, truely gutless, no nads , no courage, never played a down , 4th string benchwarmer, draft dodger, I bet you draw a check because your too sorry to work, food stamps and beer , no teeth but he’ll you don’t need teeth you have your momma

What an environment! The entrance of the team with the band, cheerleaders, and AC/DC was first rate!!!!!! 

Loved the environment, fans for Union were pumped!!! Just awesome highschool football!!!!

Gonna hold the Union/Southwest VA folks who said they would be pulling for us in the championship if we won to your statement.  Hope you bring some excitement to Salem in support of the west!!!!

Got ask with the big environment you promote, what you thought about the Appomattox crowd we brought. I was proud of our fans making the trip and representing!!!!

Union D was the real deal!!!!!

Mitchell is a presence on the field. Glad we jammed him up in the back field or before he really got rolling. When he made 2nd level he was scary big and fast!!!!  Best of luck to him in where he chooses. 

What at a game!!!!

Met two guys one here. 

SWVT...... from Ridgeway

and 

Boathead.

Great to meet you guys!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

Here is a piece of advice for you:

Don’t ever become a sports analyst. You are too inept at it. 

Also, don’t lecture anyone from Union about class, or the perceived lack thereof, seeing as you neither have wit nor class. 

42 minutes ago, BoBob said:

What an environment! The entrance of the team with the band, cheerleaders, and AC/DC was first rate!!!!!! 

Loved the environment, fans for Union were pumped!!! Just awesome highschool football!!!!

Gonna hold the Union/Southwest VA folks who said they would be pulling for us in the championship if we won to your statement.  Hope you bring some excitement to Salem in support of the west!!!!

Got ask with the big environment you promote, what you thought about the Appomattox crowd we brought. I was proud of our fans making the trip and representing!!!!

Union D was the real deal!!!!!

Mitchell is a presence on the field. Glad we jammed him up in the back field or before he really got rolling. When he made 2nd level he was scary big and fast!!!!  Best of luck to him in where he chooses. 

What at a game!!!!

Met two guys one here. 

SWVT...... from Ridgeway

and 

Boathead.

Great to meet you guys!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Great fans,very polite, and I was the cop who walked thru your stands. You should be proud of the way you traveled, great fan support, thanks for coming

I want to first give a big thanks to Union_fan. Me and Ryan were the beneficiaries of great seats at the game thanks to him and his family. Really enjoyed there kindness and the great game. Also got to meet Unions_ Hammer and he was a great guy. 

The call before half on the punt was a back breaker. Truly a terrible call. Unions fight in the second half was just awesome. Then the crowd got really pumped and it was as loud of an atmosphere as you will ever hear at a High School football game. 

I agree with the other post on the play of Appos defensive tackles in the first half. They were quick and good tacklers. Union did a great job in the second half and really dominated from the seconds half on. Appos speed and tackling was impressive.

The difference in the game was the call before half and the special teams on return coverage. Also Owens missing the catch where Mitchell dropped it right in his hands.

Great game to watch. Great fans and perfect weather. I just wish the final score was different. I wrung my cowbell so much I have three blisters on my fingers...lol. 

Thanks again Union_fan and Unions_hammer. We had a great time

1 minute ago, BlueRazor said:

I want to first give a big thanks to Union_fan. Me and Ryan were the beneficiaries of great seats at the game thanks to him and his family. Really enjoyed there kindness and the great game. Also got to meet Unions_ Hammer and he was a great guy. 

The call before half on the punt was a back breaker. Truly a terrible call. Unions fight in the second half was just awesome. Then the crowd got really pumped and it was as loud of an atmosphere as you will ever hear at a High School football game. 

I agree with the other post on the play of Appos defensive tackles in the first half. They were quick and good tacklers. Union did a great job in the second half and really dominated from the seconds half on. Appos speed and tackling was impressive.

The difference in the game was the call before half and the special teams on return coverage. Also Owens missing the catch where Mitchell dropped it right in his hands.

Great game to watch. Great fans and perfect weather. I just wish the final score was different. I wrung my cowbell so much I have three blisters on my fingers...lol. 

Thanks again Union_fan and Unions_hammer. We had a great time

It was nice meeting you and Ryan for the first time Razor!

45 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Got ask with the big environment you promote, what you thought about the Appomattox crowd we brought.

Very good crowd for 4.5 hour trip. Seems like you had more cowbells than I remembered from last year. Thought it made for a great atmosphere. 

Glad you enjoyed the environment and hope you had safe travels.