Podcast Questions?!?

Ryan4VT

I am going to be that guy... compare the Union/Graham game and Union/Richlands game. At the end of the season if Richlands and Graham was playing for the state championship who would win? Pure speculation, but seeing as how Richlands progressed and visibly Graham regressed is what I am referring to by who was the better team at the end of the season. 

Bullitt Park!  Best home field advantage?  I played at Appy. Walking down those steps in the metal tip cleats felt amazing. And enjoyed seeing it after I graduated. Play at Bullitt vs PV and won a state title there. There is indeed magic in the Park. What are your thoughts as to some of the best stadiums that give their team the home field advantage?

It seems as if Appomattox hates noise from the other crowd. That was the case with what I saw on the live stream the other day. 

SWVA has some very noisy stadiums. This may be obvious but in your opinion, as a fellow bandie, what role do crowd noise and bands playing in giving their team an advantage?

How many fans will Appo bring?
Will Ryan feel odd cheering for a team that is not only NOT Richlands, but a rival?
Will the Giles train horn make a star studded appearance in BSG?
What must Union do to stop the quick passing attack of Appo?
Will the crowd have an effect on the Appo players? If so, how long will it take for them to settle down?

IF Appo loses, what are the odds the fans don’t manage to somehow deem it as home cooking from the refs? (they probably will)

I see a lot of people on various boards talk about buletin board material. Based on your knowledge and probably Brady’s firsthand insider info as a player, how often do posts on a site like this end up on a locker room wall? Has it happened at Richlands and if so how often?

What are your opinions on the idea of televising local games? I remember probably 2007-2008 Richlands games used to be shown on Saturday mornings I believe on I think now a defunct local channel if I’m remembering correctly, but never live. Do you think it’s more of a benefit in regards to those that are sick, elderly, disabled, or that work too late to make it to a lot of games and get a seat? Or would it be more of a problem in that you risk folks staying home because it would be easier, especially for away games and therefore  hinder attendance.

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I hope you have it memorized because there will be a test on Saturday! haha

I was at the band’s first practice as Union helping out. That was the first tune they practiced if I remember correctly. 

It is is an original one like Appalachia’s was. They had a catchy one. 

22 hours ago, BearDawg said:

Bullitt Park!  Best home field advantage?  I played at Appy. Walking down those steps in the metal tip cleats felt amazing. And enjoyed seeing it after I graduated. Play at Bullitt vs PV and won a state title there. There is indeed magic in the Park. What are your thoughts as to some of the best stadiums that give their team the home field advantage?

I'm sorry, Ryan.

BearDawg, was that the '96 State Championship? That was my first visit to Bullitt.  I parked at the Baptist Church and sat on portable bleachers in the NE end zone.  The best thing that day was watching Appy utterly dominate Surry County.  

The next best thing was watching the Surry County Band's half-time show.  It was awesome watching the distinctive style and tradition of the predominately African-American marching band.  At the beginning of the show, most fans were watching politely while a few idiots were mocking the band.  By the end, the band had the crowd on their feet and applauding in appreciation.  

54 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I'm sorry, Ryan.

BearDawg, was that the '96 State Championship? That was my first visit to Bullitt.  I parked at the Baptist Church and sat on portable bleachers in the NE end zone.  The best thing that day was watching Appy utterly dominate Surry County.  

The next best thing was watching the Surry County Band's half-time show.  It was awesome watching the distinctive style and tradition of the predominately African-American marching band.  At the beginning of the show, most fans were watching politely while a few idiots were mocking the band.  By the end, the band had the crowd on their feet and applauding in appreciation.  

Our team won state at Bullitt in 1992. I was at the 1996 game as well. You are exactly right on your assessment of the Surry co band. I’ve shared that story many times. They. Killed. It!  Very impressive routine. 

Hypothetical-

bluefied is in VA in region D and they have the 1 seed and won the region and Appomattox is coming to mitchell stadium Saturday.. How would the game be different between Appo-Bluefield and Appo-Union?