WV state championship games

Suit Up

1 hour ago, AdvocateOfMany434 said:

Sorry.. i forgot the “to” 

as far as the proper English? Well.. im on a SWVA site right? Im from Central VA... are we all not gun loving, hunting, fishing, hank loving country boys?

Most of us "good ole country boys" would never question a high school kid's heart or effort. And that's the last comment I'll make on that. 

Sorry.. i forgot the “to” 

as far as the proper English? Well.. im on a SWVA site right? Im from Central VA... are we all not gun loving, hunting, fishing, hank loving country boys?

Never pegged you as a hank fan..

did you know that Hank Sr. died in SWVA?

Maybe questioning Mitchells heart on other forum was the wrong way of saying it...I apologize for who I offended. But....i know last year was not a good showing for him after hearing all the D1 offers that some of you came on other forum boasting about. Cant remember who it was after we won last year... they was stating how much better Mitchell was over Graves... they pointed at scholly offers and “stars” to prove it. I think the kid is good.. i just know i didnt see the kid that was advertised last year. Hope he goes to Tech so I can root for him on right side of the bleachers. Again i have mad respect for Richlands, Union, and Giles as well.

12 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Most of us "good ole country boys" would never question a high school kid's heart or effort. And that's the last comment I'll make on that. 

11 hours ago, EH31 said:

Never pegged you as a hank fan..

did you know that Hank Sr. died in SWVA?

Where? Nah didnt know that. Well he is a legend. On the real...i dont do much country music but when i do...i listen to legends. I like kenny rodgers too.  Right now... im stuck on chris stapleton! I will listen to his CD on repeat. This dude had a scholarship full ride to Vanderbilt U because he was valedictorian of class only to give up college to pursue his dreams in music. 

Where? Nah didnt know that. Well he is a legend. On the real...i dont do much country music but when i do...i listen to legends. I like kenny rodgers too.  Right now... im stuck on chris stapleton! I will listen to his CD on repeat. This dude had a scholarship full ride to Vanderbilt U because he was valedictorian of class only to give up college to pursue his dreams in music. 

Not really sure the exact area but the story says the last time his driver seen him alive they were in Bristol, VA and the next time he stopped in Oak Hill, WV he was found dead in the backseat. Oak Hill, WV is about an hour from the VA/WV state line and They said rigor mortis had set in by that time they found him so He most likely died some where between Bristol and Bluefied. 

4 hours ago, EH31 said:

Not really sure the exact area but the story says the last time his driver seen him alive they were in Bristol, VA and the next time he stopped in Oak Hill, WV he was found dead in the backseat. Oak Hill, WV is about an hour from the VA/WV state line and They said rigor mortis had set in by that time they found him so He most likely died some where between Bristol and Bluefied. 

That ride will kill anybody

On 11/27/2017 at 4:09 PM, Bluefield researcher said:

I actually think WVMetronews will show them live. They did last year and it's free.

Found it.  Thanks, Bluefield Researcher.  No way VH$L would let this happen for free.  Go Beavers!

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 1:33 PM, EH31 said:

Rt. 19, near Spanishburg Elementary School, Mercer Co., WV...

hank_williams_sr.jpg

On 12/1/2017 at 1:33 PM, EH31 said:

One story told was that he was alive when the car he was riding made a stop in Claypool Hill at a service station where the Lowes red light is now. Can someone confirm or deny this claim?

I have heard several stories but the only one that really has any credibility was the driver's. The driver did change some minor details from time to time but it was clear he was under pressure to do so. I have seen three of his accounts published and in all three he states Williams was alive when he stopped in Bluefield on what is today Bluefield Ave (along the railroad tracks) and Williams was gone when he got to Oak Hill. No one knows where he died for sure but it seems for sure that it was somewhere on US 19 between Bluefield and Oak Hill.