Any posters in BSG today?

BigWinners

I am familiar with Unions shift.  The biggest question that could be raised is, was there a motion that similuated the snap.  If that happened the flag is valid.  I will generally say if more than one official has a flag they normally will have it right.  I wasnt there today so I couldnt comment on the play in question.

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

I am familiar with Unions shift.  The biggest question that could be raised is, was there a motion that similuated the snap.  If that happened the flag is valid.  I will generally say if more than one official has a flag they normally will have it right.  I wasnt there today so I couldnt comment on the play in question.

The initial call was on Appomattox. Then, they had a conference and penalized Union. There was no simulation of the snap whatsoever...just the line flexing out...same as you have seen in the past.

I wanted to take a moment to thank @Union_Fan for saving @BlueRazor and myself a seat today. We had an absolute blast. It was also good to meet Hammer and SWVAgridiron. Ran into Havoc for a split second on the way out, too. Had a lot of Union fans come up and thank Razor and I for sitting with them and cheering for them. I shook my blue cowbell just as hard as I did at Stuart’s Draft last year. Hate the outcome, but loved the energy in the 2nd half. That place was loud. 

Thanks again to everyone for coming up to say hey or thanking us. Met several people who read but don’t post on here. Always cool to talk football with the fellow readers of the forum. 

Now let’s throw our weight behind Chilhowie. #SWVApride

About the topic of the thread, I met @BearDawg @Union's hammer, @Unionguy_2017, @jarhead24219, @Ryan4VTand @BoBob from Appo on Saturday.  Saw @redtiger as well, but I already knew him of course due to our days in the big Red Army.  :)  I sat on the Appo side because I needed to save 5 seats and didn't have any room over on the home side, and actually sat near Bo Bob who remembered me from 2 years ago in Salem.  Thought that was pretty neat, he's a good dude.  Quite a few "Richluns" fans on the Appo side as well, as noted by the Appomattox faithful.

So, when Union played Abingdon, did something happen for Union to make Abingdon fans mad, other than the beatdown they got from Union?  I sat near a few Abingdon fans and they were definitely NOT pulling for Union.  So, just wondering...

27 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

So, when Union played Abingdon, did something happen for Union to make Abingdon fans mad, other than the beatdown they got from Union?  I sat near a few Abingdon fans and they were definitely NOT pulling for Union.  So, just wondering...

Not that I recall. I was there when the gates opened, and left with a few minutes to go in the 4th. I thought everything was pretty chill.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Maybe it had something to do with Union fan/s putting up a Union flag near the gate at Abingdon

3 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Its disrespectful imo.  Nothing wrong with taking a flag to games and proudly waving it but imo you don't put it up at another teams place, especially by the gate. 

Everywhere that we posted it was at the visitors gate. Central has a visitors gate aswell as Abingdon. Maybe that’ll add some perspective. I’m not trying to argue or anything, just saying that we weren’t trying to provoke nearly as much as some may want to think. 

I just saw a screenshot of a Twitter tweet(?, I don't use Twitter, don't know the lingo), I cant remember exactly what was said with the pick but if I was Abingdon I would have taken it as disrespectful.