Cross-bracket or not?

tornado99

17 hours ago, Suit Up said:

Luckily UCF plays Auburn, so we will see who is correct. If they hold there own I’ll admit I was wrong. If Auburn puts up over 50 which I expect and blows them out, then what I said will seem to hold true.

If Auburn is healthy they are as good as anyone.  I'm sure UCF will be fired up for that, but not to the extent as if they were in the Playoff.  So, I don't think the Peach Bowl will be any indication of how UCF would've played vs. another opponent.

21 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

If Auburn is healthy they are as good as anyone.  I'm sure UCF will be fired up for that, but not to the extent as if they were in the Playoff.  So, I don't think the Peach Bowl will be any indication of how UCF would've played vs. another opponent.

If they aren’t fired up for the biggest game they’ve ever been in, that’s pretty sad. Can’t really bring health into it. Alabama’s whole starting linebacking core pretty much has been injured and was against Auburn.

9 minutes ago, Suit Up said:

If they aren’t fired up for the biggest game they’ve ever been in, that’s pretty sad. Can’t really bring health into it. Alabama’s whole starting linebacking core pretty much has been injured and was against Auburn.

Both teams had injuries.  An Auburn injury sustained in the Bama game is a big part of the reason UGA beat Auburn last Saturday.  Auburn's entire game plan is predicated on running the football, and both of their top 2 RBs were banged up...one hasn't played in nearly 2 months.

12 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

Both teams had injuries.  An Auburn injury sustained in the Bama game is a big part of the reason UGA beat Auburn last Saturday.  Auburn's entire game plan is predicated on running the football, and both of their top 2 RBs were banged up...one hasn't played in nearly 2 months.

That’s why I said you can’t bring injuries into it.

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

You're right. They finished the regular season at 19th. The next Big 12 team is Texas at 42. 

I agree with your general point, the level of defense in the B12 is why the conference hasn't won a title since Vince Young, who had a NASTY defense. 

But TCU sticks out, because finishing at 16 against offenses in the B12 is like being a top five overall defense in Big 10 or even SEC. Just the style of play leads to lots of yards and points because of amount of possessions. TCU just didn't have the offense to compete with OU this year, the defense kept them in the first game and then got blown out in the second game. 

I think UGA is considerably better than TCU in most aspects of defense tho so they can hopefully have more success in getting off the field. Their run game should help as well, staying on the field and eating clock.