2A Teams To Watch In 2018

Mountain Football

3 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I thought #2 and #82 were seniors. 

Those two are four year starters and will not be easily replaced.  My thoughts are, replacement by committee after talking to someone I grew up with on the coaching staff.  If they can manage to do that, the rest of the roster is returning pretty much fully intact.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:10 PM, GoBearsGo said:

I agree that Union will take a step back, but a small one IMO. Offensively I think the Bears will be solid. Hopefully Turner will be healthy, 3 good OL back, good TE in Guerrant, Falin should be tough in the passing game and kicking game. A few good RBs back also. My concern is on the other side, losing some real talent there that will be tough to replace right away. Gonna need some younger kids to come along quick. I think 7-3 would be expected, maybe better if things come along. 

I agree with everything you said.  Some of the guys on the offensive line will have to play defense though which will hurt come the 4th quarter.  I also have a question about a kid on the jv team he is #82 is he related to Mitchell.

I could be wrong but look for Tazewell to take a huge stride again.  Young players with a year under them bulking up more.  Former players that quit having talks that they are coming back to the team.  I don't expect for them to win the district but watch for them to be even more competitive in the games they play and teams had better not take them lightly.

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I agree with everything you said.  Some of the guys on the offensive line will have to play defense though which will hurt come the 4th quarter.  I also have a question about a kid on the jv team he is #82 is he related to Mitchell.

Zion Mitchell and yes it's his cousin, and he's the next 82 for friday nights

Ridgeview probably wins Mountain. Union prob goes 6-4. Union may make a run in 2019, but next year will be rough. 

A very talented group of 8th graders but they're couple years away. The youngest Jenkins brother is going to be a stud. 

27 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Ridgeview probably wins Mountain. Union prob goes 6-4. Union may make a run in 2019, but next year will be rough. 

A very talented group of 8th graders but they're couple years away. The youngest Jenkins brother is going to be a stud. 

Union will be back, I imagine. Probably not in 2018. I figure 2019-20 they’ll be near what the past few seasons have been. The past few seasons have just coincided with Appomattox. 

Graham should be very dangerous again.  They return Allen at QB, Lester and Reed (hopefully) at RB. Isaiah Justice is a good looking receiver.  Kastner at LB.  I'd like to see a couple of their linemen put on a little bulk and size in the off season.  I'm sure some of the younger kids will get bigger and stronger and step up to the plate. My concern for Graham is the low turnout for Middle School football the last couple of seasons.  May hurt them in the long run.  

Tazewell should be solid next season if some of the kids come back out.  They will have some good skill players on the field.  Some very good looking 8th graders moving up next year too.  Give them 2 more years and they should be a force to be reckoned with.  

11 minutes ago, futbolking said:

Graham should be very dangerous again.  They return Allen at QB, Lester and Reed (hopefully) at RB. Isaiah Justice is a good looking receiver.  Kastner at LB.  I'd like to see a couple of their linemen put on a little bulk and size in the off season.  I'm sure some of the younger kids will get bigger and stronger and step up to the plate. My concern for Graham is the low turnout for Middle School football the last couple of seasons.  May hurt them in the long run.  

Tazewell should be solid next season if some of the kids come back out.  They will have some good skill players on the field.  Some very good looking 8th graders moving up next year too.  Give them 2 more years and they should be a force to be reckoned with.  

I agree with the low turnout at the MS level. Im hoping with the success of this year's team more kids will come out. Last year's 8th grade was on the receiving end of the worst coaching ever imagined and it definitely set our program back. The 8th grade team last year competed very well in several travel tournaments. Only to win one game last year, with many kids quitting or not coming back out this year. Very disappointing. The assistant coach for the MS would be of tremendous help for the HS if given a chance. I doubt it will happen. 

On 12/5/2017 at 9:29 PM, 99Bama said:

I agree with the low turnout at the MS level. Im hoping with the success of this year's team more kids will come out. Last year's 8th grade was on the receiving end of the worst coaching ever imagined and it definitely set our program back. The 8th grade team last year competed very well in several travel tournaments. Only to win one game last year, with many kids quitting or not coming back out this year. Very disappointing. The assistant coach for the MS would be of tremendous help for the HS if given a chance. I doubt it will happen. 

I agree about the assistant coach.  Also, I have heard, but have not been around the little league in a while, about the rec league allowing kids to compete until they are in the 7th grade and I wonder if that hurts not only the middle school, but ultimately the High School as well 

RICHLANDS! I have posted it in other topics but I feel like next year's Richlands team will be hard to beat. They are going to feed off of this season's success and failures to grow and be hard to handle come next fall.

3 hours ago, PV2VT said:

RICHLANDS! I have posted it in other topics but I feel like next year's Richlands team will be hard to beat. They are going to feed off of this season's success and failures to grow and be hard to handle come next fall.

They will have a outstanding running back next year in Booker. He was only a sophomore this year. Returning Almost everyone except a few linemen, Johnson, and Daniel Brown. I believe Medley, the Casey brothers, altizer, absher who were all freshman and sophomore who got thrown to the wolfs and a few others will take a huge step this off season. There is a few kids coming up from the Middle School team who I am very excited about, the Newberry kid may very will be the next Caleb Jennings. Also a great Wide Out who in a few years may be excellent also. 

1 hour ago, local_insight said:

They will have a outstanding running back next year in Booker. He was only a sophomore this year. Returning Almost everyone except a few linemen, Johnson, and Daniel Brown. I believe Medley, the Casey brothers, altizer, absher who were all freshman and sophomore who got thrown to the wolfs and a few others will take a huge step this off season. There is a few kids coming up from the Middle School team who I am very excited about, the Newberry kid may very will be the next Caleb Jennings. Also a great Wide Out who in a few years may be excellent also. 

Casey brothers left Richlands. 

Im telling ya man Richlands will be one tough team next year. They are every year but I feel that 2018 will there season.

1 hour ago, local_insight said:

1 minute ago, local_insight said:

So they transferred to Richlands and back to Honaker...? Wounder what made them do that. 

No one knows. They just showed up one day and cleaned their lockers and went back. Odd situation.