Chilhowie vs. Riverheads - 1A State Championship

EH31

11 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Chilhowie got to practice indoors today at VT's "Beamer Barn".  

I know they practiced at Emory & Henry's field one day this week. That's a good move, letting the players get used to the field turf somewhat before the game today. Good luck Warriors! I'll be listening. I'm sure my barber from Chilhowie will be at the game.

After watching the first quarter, it's clear that CHS can't run on Riverheads at all. The only success they had was scrambling by the QB. On the other side of the ball, the misdirections and option runs are killing chs. Chilhowie is spending too much time on defense. I do want to point out the depth is probably hurting them too. You can probably rely on the same 3 players to get you through the regular season, but at this level, other people would need to step up. Riverheads has 80 players on their roster with CHS only having 46. Also Riverheads defense is clearly more disciplined after that last season trick play that was picked off to end the half. CHS under threw the ball into 2 man coverage anyways..,

Congratulations to Chilhowie on an exciting, successful season that may be a harbinger of things to come for that program.  The Warriors just ran into the Alabama of 1A football today, and therein is the difference of a team hoping it can win against a team knowing it would.  Chilhowie may well get there themselves, and I look forward to what the future holds for them.  In any regard, they are the kings of the hill of 1A football in SWVA this season.