2018 returning players SW DISTRICT

HoW_Bout_DeM_CaNeZZ

VHS (in no particular order)

1) Aaron Rose  /Jr./ LB/RB... 1st team All-Region LB... Led team in Tackles by a wide margin....Led team in Rushing Yds and Rushing TDs while only 3rd in carries.

2) Jamie Lathrop /Jr./ QB....Led team in Total Yds and Total TDs. Quick and smart with a strong arm.

3) Colton Ratcliffe /Jr./ DB....2nd team All-Region Defensive All-Purpose...Master of the blocked kick with multiple blocked kicks and punts. 3rd on team in Tackles.

4) Austin Davidson /Jr./ WR/KR....changed momentum in a number of games with big returns and multiple scores. Mr. Reliable on 3rd down to move the chains.

5) Daunte Harris /Jr./ NT....unsung hero of a defense that gave up 20 fewer PPG in 2017 than in 2016. 5'9 270 and can squat a small pickup truck. Plays a very tough position for a high schooler in a 3 man front.

Honorable Mention;

Taurean Bizzel /Jr./ CB....Top cover corner this past season. Led team in INTs...dropped twice as many as he had (plays CB and not WR for a reason)....good size and speed...most improved player from 2016 to 2017

Graham will return Reed (maybe), Devin Lester, and Cameron Allen. Plus a couple of good linemen. They will be tough to beat next year.  I know Richlands returns both of their quarterbacks and Booker. I believe a couple of their receivers were young also. Everybody is saying Virginia High is going to be top notch next season so the Southwest District could be an exciting three team race. The Beavers return a lot of talent but at the same time they lost a truckload in the backfield. It will be hard for them to replace but I believe in Coach Simon and Chandler Cooper to lead the Beavers back to the playoffs next season.