VA Football State Championships 12/10/2017

trublue

12 minutes ago, futbolking said:

I'm surprised G Man allows you to ruin this site the way you have.  I know of 3 or 4 people who no longer post on here directly because of you. Go ahead and insult me if it makes you feel better about yourself...   but before I go, know this..... I will never use "bag balm" that somebody else used as chapstick...Goodbye A Hole.  Swvasports just lost another poster.

Listen.  You’re the one who engaged me.  You’re the one who ramped up the hostility in a major way after I responded to you, when I tried to tamely diffuse the situation (soft 1-line response, a full paragraph congratulating Chilhowie on a good season and talking about how that team is well positioned for future runs). You’re the one who’s responded with cursing and juvenile ad homs.  And now that you’ve picked a fight you can’t win, you’re taking the ball and going home.  Auf wiedersehen, I suppose.

GMan is the one with the sweat equity and literal equity in this website.  If he takes umbrage with the manner in which I post, I know that he’ll approach me about it.  It’s his site and he can run it as he sees fit.  And I will respect his wishes...it’s his park and his playing field.

To one last point, any community, online or in real life, is in flux.  Members come and members go, and the wind wipes skates clean.  I can count on a shop teacher’s hand the number of private messages I’ve received over the years to confront me about what/how I post.  I have responded to each in a civil manner, and in so, having a newfound respect for those who have taken their times to converse with me.  If people left of my accord, it surely wasn’t conveyed to me.

15 minutes ago, trublue said:

C'ville Varsity Retweeted

John Shifflett @John_Shifflett

Virginia state high school football champions so far.
Class 1: Riverheads
Class 3: Hopewell
Class 5: Highland Springs
Class 2 ,4 and 6 championship games kick off later this afternoon.

great state

Thank you for your updates, much appreciated.

Congratulations to the Chilhowie Warriors!!!! 

This game was the pinnacle of your season, but does not define your season or the goals you achieved.   May your young lives build on this accomplishment with the brotherhood of the players, the commitment of working hard to go farther and even more than possibly dreamed.    It is a building block for next season for those returning, and an integral part for the seniors that hopefully will forge their lives in the future.

God Bless 

Nate Hubbard Retweeted

David Crigger @davidbhcphoto

Photo gallery from myself and @Teague_BHCPhoto of Chilhowie's state championship game vs Riverheads in Salem VA. Riverheads won the game 42-0.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

No thank you, being right satisfies my hunger enough.

Chilhowie has still had a whale of a year, and should be in position to contend for a few years to come (along with Galax).  This just wasn’t their year to win the title, despite all the blind, unfounded optimism on the board to the contrary.

I would have thought you'd be constipated with as much sunshine you blow up your own arse......

Matthew Hatfield @hatfieldsports

Oscar Smith moves the chains once on second series, but have to punt it away. Still scoreless. Westfield takes over at own 38, 5:20 1Q.

Malcolm Britt with a sack on 3rd & 10 for the Oscar Smith defense. Westfield to punt it away - second straight 3 & out.

great state

Patrick Hite @Patrick_Hite

Scruggs to Graves for a 26-yard pass play to Lee High 9.

Lee defense holds, forcing 4th-and-goal from 7. Appomattox will try a 24-yard field goal

Penalty forces 34-yard try

Nick Fariss hits a 29-yard FG (sorry, had 34 in last tweet). Lee High 14, Appomattox 10. 2Q 9:28

The RVASportsNetwork @TheRVASportsNet

#Class4Final: National Anthem complete, coin toss in moments!

#Louisa is 14-0, defeated Courtland, Monacan, Dinwiddie & Lafayette in playoffs. Final game for head coach Mark Fischer, in his 3rd battle with cancer. #Class4Final #RVASNLive

great state

Salem enters tonight 12-2, two-time defending state champions, including win here a year ago tonight over #Dinwiddie for 2016 title. #Class4Final

Friday Night EndzoneVerified account @FNEFootball
Salem cheerleaders with a show of respect for Louisa coach Mark Fischer
DQt-759V4AA89yM.jpg

great state

Patrick Hite @Patrick_Hite

Lee defense comes up big again, forcing Appomattox punt at own 17.

Lee takes over, leading 14-10, at own 47. 2Q 5:11

Williams to Simmons for 6-yard pass and first down. Lee on Appomattox 29.

Lee first and goal from the 1. 1:31 left in 2Q. Lee up 14-10.

Penalty on Lee. Backs them up to the 6

Marcos Sasia hits a 21-yard FG, Lee leads 17-10. 2Q 12 seconds left in the first half

XP Good: Salem 7, #Louisa 0, 10:20 1Q. 74-yard drive for two-time defending champions to open #Class4Final.

recruit757 @Recruit757

Half: Westfield 14, Oscar Smith 7

Interception is a pick six for Salem as quick pass over the middle hits a referee, lands in Nick Wade's hands. 13-0 Salem, XP pending...

Friday Night EndzoneVerified account @FNEFootball
2ND QTR 9:03 | Nick Wade picks off a deflected Louisa pass, takes it to the house. Pick-6 makes it 14-0 Salem.

great state