VA Football State Championships 12/10/2017

trublue

6 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

If people judged teams by their fans...none would be cheered.  I have heard this crap at Richlands...Like I said every team has a jerk or two in the seats.

I wish it were a jerk or two. I'm talking about the majority of Appo fans booing injured players  (Appomattox at Marion in '13) 

The RVASportsNetwork @TheRVASportsNet

Good blocking up front, Whalen crosses the 30 to the 29 1/2, first down #Louisa, 7:00 left. #Class4Final

Whalen slips after a yard gain, 4th and 4 at the Salem 24, 5:20 to go.

Whalen is stopped just short at the 21, Salem takes over, 5:04 to go leading 28-22. #Class4Final #RVASNLive

great state

11 minutes ago, trublue said:

Tom Jacobs @TeeKJay59

Victory formation for Appomattox. Clock running. 25 sec left #NL_Huddle #LeevAppo

That's the ballgame. Appomattox wins third straight state title with 38-34 win over Robert E. Lee. Oh so close for the Leemen, who played an outstanding game. #NL_Huddle #LeevAppo

That's what we like to see in state championships, nail biter to the end. Congratulations to both teams! 

2 minutes ago, trublue said:

Football Note: The Westfield #Class6Final win today over Oscar Smith makes them 3rd team today to win 3rd straight title. Before today, only 7 teams in #VHSL history had completed the #ThreePeat. @HSSpringersFB , Westfield, #Appomattox all do it today.

great state

Sadly, Salem is about to join the others.

Timesland @Timesland 

Salem defense stops Louisa County on fourth down, takes over at LC 39. Spartans lead 36-22, 3:00 left in fourth quarter.

4th down pass goes off two #Lions hands at midfield, incomplete. Salem takes over at #Lions 39 up 36-22, 3:00 left. #Louisa will have to take their timeouts. #Class4Final

Salem scores a 31 yard touchdown off left tackle, 2:13 left, Spartans extend lead to 42-22, XP coming. #Class4Final

great state

6 minutes ago, trublue said:

The RVASportsNetwork Retweeted

WCAV CBS19 SportsVerified account @CBS19Sports

UVA's Micah Kiser wins Dudley Award honoring state's top player. Kiser is the first Cavalier to win the award since Chris Long in 2007.

great state

Well deserved.  He’s been a phenomenal talent and human being.

2 minutes ago, trublue said:

Friday Night EndzoneVerified account @FNEFootball

FINAL | Salem beats Louisa County 43-22 in Class 4 state championship. Third straight state title for Spartans. Louisa’s season ends one win short at 14-1.

great state

Nice work, @trublue. Thanks for the updates.

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Salem wins their 9th state championship in their 500th game.

I was looking at your team records thread.  I think i counted only 21 other teams in Virginia with 500 wins.  And, as you know, they accomplished this in just 41 seasons.

56 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I was looking at your team records thread.  I think i counted only 21 other teams in Virginia with 500 wins.  And, as you know, they accomplished this in just 41 seasons.

They don't have 500 wins. They have played 500 games.