2017 All-State teams

Bearcat Dad

From Union, Mitchell (TE, DB) and Jeb Stidham (DT) were named first team, while Brandon Bunch (OL), Braxton Zirkle (RB), Tanner Kennedy (LB) and Zack Qualls (DB) were second team.

Couple thoughts:

Mitchell being first team on both sides of the ball was an incredible achievement. 

The Appo RB being first team is a joke. Dude did nothing of note in games I saw on film or in person. Scruggs, Graves and Mann obviously but the RB being first team ahead of guys like Ford from Marion is a joke. 

Zirkle had a great year for Union, but I believe Owens was the more explosive and game changing runner. 

Kinda surprised Kennedy wasn't a first team LB, I believe he was as good as Vineyard or other picks despite not being as big. 

Mitchell was only second team PR, huge LOL. Can't imagine anyone was better as a PR.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Mitchell was only second team PR, huge LOL. Can't imagine anyone was better as a PR.

Mitchell was 1st team. They weirdly put the PR on the defense and KR on offense.

Taymon Cooke was 2nd team KR, and I would give him that nod simply because his punt return against Marion likely won Graham the SWD championship.

2 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

Mitchell was 1st team. They weirdly put the PR on the defense and KR on offense.

Taymon Cooke was 2nd team KR, and I would give him that nod simply because his punt return against Marion likely won Graham the SWD championship.

Ah okay I gotcha. Cooke was likely better KR but I wouldn't take any other player over Mitchell as a PR.