GC vs Boone

greatwhitemp36

Gate City Retweeted

Mike Lucas @WCYB_Lucas

Just got done talking to @bluedevilslive coach Scott Vermillion, Mac McClung & Zac Ervin will play tonight against Daniel Boone despite being a bit under the weather.

There are approximately 30-40 people waiting in line outside Daniel Boone right now who police won't let in because the gymnasium is at max capacity already. When @bluedevilslive , @McclungMac & @zacervin23 come to town, the entire town apparently comes out to watch.

great state

Boone has a very good basketball team. Great quality competition for us. But tonight GC got it done battling illnesses with an away game playoff atmosphere. Nothing matters other than the WIN tonight. I applaud everyone on the GC boys team for enduring Boone’s early surge and fighting through pain and sickness to get the win. Big time defense from Compton, Dean, and Noe I might add. Dean hit some big time 3’s down the stretch to put it on ice. 

Another exciting game to watch. I can’t quit watching this GC team, lol. As others have said, Mac and Zac looked nothing like themselves tonight (and were still pretty dang good). There were many times I looked over at Mac and he was struggling to hold himself up. 

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Another exciting game to watch. I can’t quit watching this GC team, lol. As others have said, Mac and Zac looked nothing like themselves tonight (and were still pretty dang good). There were many times I looked over at Mac and he was struggling to hold himself up. 

You could tell by the end of the 3rd that Mac’s tank was completely on empty. He still found a way to get it done which amazes me. I think the Boone student section gave Mac the little boost he needed to get things going early on in the game. Chanting “overrated” at someone who drops 35 on you with the flu, I don’t care if he did airball a couple or lose his handles a time or two. Glad to escape with a win.

Time to rest up for Friday. Knox Christian comes to town with the 7-footers who are a year bigger and stronger than last year. 

6 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

You could tell by the end of the 3rd that Mac’s tank was completely on empty. He still found a way to get it done which amazes me. I think the Boone student section gave Mac the little boost he needed to get things going. Chanting “overrated” at someone who drops 35 on you with the flu, isn’t too overrated right? Glad to escape with a win. Time to rest up for Friday when Knox Christian comes to town with the 7-footers who are a year bigger and stronger. 

There was a moment early in the game where he was standing right beside them and they were just letting him have it with the overrated chants. He looked at him and just gave a thumbs up (I think is what it was). If memory serves a couple possessions later he put the guy on a poster. 

As for Friday, you’ve peaked my interest with the 7 footer talk. Lol. I assume I’ve now got plans for Friday night, aye?

Great atmosphere last night. However, had to be the hottest gym I have ever been in.

Friday will be a great test. We are going to have to be able to handle teams that have a big man or two.

Impressed with the Boone student section. More impressed with the way our guys seemed to not let them get under their skin.

Yes, KC had a couple of 7ft underclassmen last season. I think one was a FR and the other a SO, I’m sure their game has evolved greatly in a year if they are still with KC. KC’s record is listed at 0-6 on MaxPreps this season, they lost to Christ School by 11 earlier this month. I read an article published in August where the TSSAA banned any of their schools from playing KC due to recruiting. KC apparently admitted they recruit. KC has to play out of state schools or other private schools in TN. Very interesting, we won’t know what they really have until Friday.