Floyd vs PM girls

champ

Also the Lord botetourt girls beat Abington pretty bad tonight.  Abington is one of the teams I was told to use as a gauge of how good 2A. I can't figure out who in the world to go watch. I want to see the best 2A team and best 3A team to compare to what I saw in Buena Vista the other night. 

9 hours ago, champ said:

Hello SWVA havok fan 

did central wise recently play gate city ?  I ask because PM plays the gate city girls soon. You have mentioned that central wise would best PM by double digits.  So maybe after seeing the PM - Gate City game it can show if there's a huge difference in the best of 2A and the best in 1A 

Yes.  Central beat them by 14 I believe.

9 hours ago, champ said:

Also the Lord botetourt girls beat Abington pretty bad tonight.  Abington is one of the teams I was told to use as a gauge of how good 2A. I can't figure out who in the world to go watch. I want to see the best 2A team and best 3A team to compare to what I saw in Buena Vista the other night. 

Abingdon plays in the Mountain 7 district, however they are a 3A school.  If they were 2A, then they'd probably be in the discussion for state championship contention.  But 3A has Broadway, Botetourt and Northside is always fairly good also I believe.

Abingdon has a D1 signee in Grace Hess (Air Force).

51 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Yes.  Central beat them by 14 I believe.

Abingdon plays in the Mountain 7 district, however they are a 3A school.  If they were 2A, then they'd probably be in the discussion for state championship contention.  But 3A has Broadway, Botetourt and Northside is always fairly good also I believe.

Abingdon has a D1 signee in Grace Hess (Air Force).

Do you think Abingdon is way better then the best single A teams like PM ?   PM will play botetourt and Broadway this year. 

Im trying to figure out if PM is that good or is there a tremendous difference in the divisions. 

What I saw the other night was pretty shocking. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around a tiny school district being on a level with the best from larger schools.  

Very confusing trying to figure out who's reallly good and who's not so good. 

Can't remember how badly Central beat GC. Guess 14 is pretty close. We then went and played a good team (Daniel Boone) from a larger school........and lost 16-74. So yeah.....there can be huge differences among the classifications.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:50 PM, champ said:

Hello SWVA havok fan 

did central wise recently play gate city ?  I ask because PM plays the gate city girls soon. You have mentioned that central wise would best PM by double digits.  So maybe after seeing the PM - Gate City game it can show if there's a huge difference in the best of 2A and the best in 1A 

Central beat GC 59-45

On 12/20/2017 at 9:12 PM, pdfan said:

Mavahi has all their bigs back from last year, but lost the 2 guards who did 75% of the scoring.

I knew they lost 2 but thought it was their bigs. Old timer's seeping in:)