Eastside VS Union

champ

I watched the game and was impressed by Eastside.  My question would be how does Union stack up this year compared to a team Like Floyd County that I watched play PM. 

Floyd is 2A and So is Union correct 

It didn't look to me like Union or Eastside was as good as Floyd or PM.  I was impressed with Eastside and sadly I agree with someone else that said our young Honaker team would fall short of competing with Eastside this year. 

So far I have to think PM is hands down the single A favorite, I still have Galax a very close 2nd. I will now add Eastside to the mix and will still hold out hope for the tigers to shock someone. 

Merry Christmas SWVA. Enjoy your families 

1 minute ago, Girls-Hoops said:

Impressive win for ES. 

Seems like this would be a hard game to use to judge either team. 47 foul shot attempts to Unions 15. Sounds like a referee controlled game. It’ll be interesting to see the outcome of their next game. 

Or maybe Union just fouled a lot? 

Union lost Wes Slagle early in the game too. Eastside is good, but I wouldn’t base how good they are based on their game with Union. Not sure Union is going to fair well this year, especially if Slagle is lost for the year. And I hate to hear Slagle got hurt, wishing him the best on his MRI Tuesday. Eastside could very well make a run at the state tourney in 1A. 

46 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Union lost Wes Slagle early in the game too. Eastside is good, but I wouldn’t base how good they are based on their game with Union. Not sure Union is going to fair well this year, especially if Slagle is lost for the year. And I hate to hear Slagle got hurt, wishing him the best on his MRI Tuesday. Eastside could very well make a run at the state tourney in 1A. 

I think they are talking about girls here, not the boys.  Eastside girls beating Union girls is definitely an upset.

2 hours ago, Counts said:

Galax 2nd even after there 20 point loss to George Wythe. ...I think Eastside had a win over gw a week or 2 ago

Valid point. I just think the GW Game was a fluke. The Galax team I watched vs Carroll County was really good.  

I wouldn't argue Eastside climbing in front of Galax at this juncture.  Eastside does look solid.  

Personsply after seeing all 4 teams I don't think Eastside or union is in the same league with teams like PM and Floyd 

im planning to attend the Emory Henry tourney and should gain a little more insight 

3 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

This ^^ Union is down right now. The Union 7/8th grade team is down right scary though. The future is bright but it’s a few years away.