GALAX GIRLS VS PC

champ

I realize this is basketball and strange things happen but once again a team I have rated high goes down 

Galax lost tonight to a Pulaski County team that I hear is not extremely good. 

where did the Galax team I watched go ? 

32 minutes ago, champ said:

I realize this is basketball and strange things happen but once again a team I have rated high goes down 

Galax lost tonight to a Pulaski County team that I hear is not extremely good. 

where did the Galax team I watched go ? 

Maybe they just played reallllllly good that night?

I'm not sure why this is so difficult.  Galax has 7 players and one never plays.  Against teams not named East Mont and Auburn, Galax has been outscored in the 4th quarter at nearly a 3:1 clip for the season.  

Galax is a far cry better than they have been in a decade, maybe longer.  But they aren't nearly ready for significant competition as of yet.  And without depth to build for the future, it's likely to not get better for a while.  Not only is the depth nonexistent at the varsity level but the JV roster features a whopping 8 players.  Galax lacks depth in girls athletics as a whole from 8th grade through high school.  It won't improve until the middle school kids take over.

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

I'm not sure why this is so difficult.  Galax has 7 players and one never plays.  Against teams not named East Mont and Auburn, Galax has been outscored in the 4th quarter at nearly a 3:1 clip for the season.  

Galax is a far cry better than they have been in a decade, maybe longer.  But they aren't nearly ready for significant competition as of yet.  And without depth to build for the future, it's likely to not get better for a while.  Not only is the depth nonexistent at the varsity level but the JV roster features a whopping 8 players.  Galax lacks depth in girls athletics as a whole from 8th grade through high school.  It won't improve until the middle school kids take over.

You know I guess I never paid attention to the depth while I was there.  If they have 7 kids that's the answer for sure. 

They were very impressive the night I watched them.  I agree though 7 kids will be hard to overcome