Rankings

champ

Here's something that could be fun. How about a top 10 ranking of the teams listed on this site.  1 2 3 4 A  whatever division.  Just rank your best 10 overall. Use only the teams that schedules are tracked on this site. 

Who wants to give it a shot ? 

1.  Central wise 

2.  Ridgeview 

3. PM 

4 Abingdon 

5 floyd county 

6 Patrick county

7 Christiansburg

8 carrol county 

9. Eastside 

10 martinsville 

well what do you guys think 

7 hours ago, champ said:

1.  Central wise 

2.  Ridgeview 

3. PM 

4 Abingdon 

5 floyd county 

6 Patrick county

7 Christiansburg

8 carrol county 

9. Eastside 

10 martinsville 

well what do you guys think 

Just wondering what are you wanting to rank.   PM is in Central Va, so If you are going to include them and Martinsville, you just about have to include all the Roanoke and Lynchburg area teams in the rankings as well.  

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

Just wondering what are you wanting to rank.   PM is in Central Va, so If you are going to include them and Martinsville, you just about have to include all the Roanoke and Lynchburg area teams in the rankings as well.  

I was using the teams listed on this site. 

The teams that have their schedules posted on this site.  I've watched quite a few teams now but was schedule and record watching on some others to make up this list 

1 hour ago, champ said:

The teams that have their schedules posted on this site.  I've watched quite a few teams now but was schedule and record watching on some others to make up this list 

Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing with all those teams.  I included those teams only because of the district they are playing in...I just include the entire district.  I may at some point drop listing by districts, just way too many teams to keep up with.  PM and several others aren't in the site "coverage" area.  All those teams (with the exception of Radford) have their logos on the map posted at the top of the forums...

logo.png.32f7202281986ad6fe5585e2b63a85e

3 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing with all those teams.  I included those teams only because of the district they are playing in...I just include the entire district.  I may at some point drop listing by districts, just way too many teams to keep up with.  PM and several others aren't in the site "coverage" area.  All those teams (with the exception of Radford) have their logos on the map posted at the top of the forums...

logo.png.32f7202281986ad6fe5585e2b63a85e

Actually I love that your tracking so many teams.  It's made it fun to keep up with record comparing 

I just thought it would be a fun to try a ranking based off the teams listed here 

I feel like what I came up with is close 

it will be interesting to score board watch and see if any of the teams I've listed belong on the list or off the list 

I should have added too that, like yourself, most seem to like seeing a few more than just the area teams.  I've always just tried to keep up the tradition.  I've done the same in the past for baseball/softball, but it's even harder to keep up with, I had to drop doing those myself.

10 hours ago, champ said:

Use the teams on the header at the top. Those are the teams in our coverage area.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:09 PM, champ said:

Here's something that could be fun. How about a top 10 ranking of the teams listed on this site.  1 2 3 4 A  whatever division.  Just rank your best 10 overall. Use only the teams that schedules are tracked on this site. 

Who wants to give it a shot ? 

see nothing about girls only. sorry

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, champ said:

Girls basketball 

Girls rankings updated 

1.  Central wise 

2. Ridgeview 

3. PM 

4. Abingdon 

5 Patrick County 

6. Carrol county 

7. Galax 

8 floyd

9 martinsville 

10 Christiansburg 

headinh to emory Henry in the morning to watch some games. Looking forward to it 

3 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Shame that Martinsville dropped out on Central.

I just figured out what you were talking about. 

Looks like martinsville pulled out and twin springs is playing central.  

This is gonna be a blow out 

23 hours ago, champ said:

Girls rankings updated 

1.  Central wise 

2. Ridgeview 

3. PM 

4. Abingdon 

5 Patrick County 

6. Carrol county 

7. Galax 

8 floyd

9 martinsville 

10 Christiansburg 

headinh to emory Henry in the morning to watch some games. Looking forward to it 

I would have to think Abingdon would be #1 hands down. Then 2-4 would be between Central, Ridgeview and Union. 5. PM. 6. Eastside. And at this point in the year that’s about as far as I can go. 

23 hours ago, champ said:

Girls rankings updated 

1.  Central wise 

2. Ridgeview 

3. PM 

4. Abingdon 

5 Patrick County 

6. Carrol county 

7. Galax 

8 floyd

9 martinsville 

10 Christiansburg 

Up date 

1. Ridgeview 

2. PM

3. Abingdon 

4 central wise 

5 carrol county 

6 Patrick county 

7 Galax

8 floyd 

9 Christiansburg 

10 Eastside 

attended the tournament at Emory Henry today. Central wise doesn't appear quite as good as last year.  I only saw them once last year and they looked much better.  Also for comparison they beat gate city by 18 this year. 

PM did not look near as good as they did against the floyd county group. However they are still the best small school I've ever seen.  I sit behind their bench tonight and could tell they are also very well coached. Maybe the most displined team I've seen this year. 

They beat Gate City with a running clock the final was over a 30 point victory.  Talking to a couple people after the game they confirmed that this was an off night for the PM group. 

Abingdon beat LB tonight which is extremely impressive. I'm really looking forward to Abingdon vs Ridgeview 

6 minutes ago, champ said:

Up date 

1. Ridgeview 

2. PM

3. Abingdon 

4 central wise 

5 carrol county 

6 Patrick county 

7 Galax

8 floyd 

9 Christiansburg 

10 Eastside 

attended the tournament at Emory Henry today. Central wise doesn't appear quite as good as last year.  I only saw them once last year and they looked much better.  Also for comparison they beat gate city by 18 this year. 

PM did not look near as good as they did against the floyd county group. However they are still the best small school I've ever seen.  I sit behind their bench tonight and could tell they are also very well coached. Maybe the most displined team I've seen this year. 

They beat Gate City with a running clock the final was over a 30 point victory.  Talking to a couple people after the game they confirmed that this was an off night for the PM group. 

Abingdon beat LB tonight which is extremely impressive. I'm really looking forward to Abingdon vs Ridgeview 

Sorry I goofed 

1. Abingdon 

2 PM

3 ridgeview

4 central wise 

5 carrol 

6 Patrick County 

7 Galax 

8 floyd 

9 Christiansburg 

10 Eastside 

with the win over a very strong LB team I now have Abingdon on top 

15 minutes ago, Girls-Hoops said:

I would have to think Abingdon would be #1 hands down. Then 2-4 would be between Central, Ridgeview and Union. 5. PM. 6. Eastside. And at this point in the year that’s about as far as I can go. 

I agree with the Abingdon statement however Galax beat Eastside last night. 

Eastside beat Union a couple weeks ago. 

Quite frankly I believe my honaker tigers can stay with Eastside this year.  I've seen Eastside 2 times ang I think they are a good team. I think they will come out of the SW region. However after watching PM 2 games now I don't think Eastside comes within 20. 

Galax looked very good one of the games I saw them but I also think they will struggle against this PM team. PM doesn't belong in 1A. 

Rankings will changed weekly that's for sure. It's Basketball so things will happen that's not suppose to happen.  I just figure ranking them will be fun. It will be fun to see how it turns out and how stupid I may end up looking