Rankings

champ

2 hours ago, champ said:

I was at Galax this year and they had a running clock.  Apparently it's a running clock after getting a certain lead. 

Mercy rule is a 35+ point lead

2 hours ago, champ said:

I still feel like honaker can sneak into the region D. I don't see them beating PM but I hope to play them so they can see what kind of standard needs to be set.  

It won't be hard.  Region D for 1A is the BDD, Cumberland and Hogoheegee schools.  So, in the BDD it should be Grundy and Honaker for sure.  Out of the Cumberland, I could see Eastside, Burton and Rye Cove, and the Hogoheegee I see Chilhowie and PH, to make the 8 teams if it's an 8 team tournament.

2 hours ago, champ said:

From what I can tell it's a 4 team field for the west title in single A. I've watched about 12 games of multiple schools now and to me 

PM. GALAX. EASTSIDE AND homer alert 

HONAKER are the only 4 teams that have a chance. Personally I think PM is 20-30 points better than Any of the other 3.

EAST I have no idea.  Someone up there scored 69 points with 30 rebounds.  You'd have to think that team can compete ? 

2A central is a surprise. Many told me they were down a little but they certainly seem to be heading the right direction.  FLOYD county is a good team. They have lost to several good teams.  I'm not sure what to think about Ridgeview ? They have also played a pretty solid schedule 

There is no more West region.  4 region setup with 2 coming from each region, the region finalists.  Region D winner "hosts" Region C runner up, Region C winner "Hosts" Region D runner up.  Same scenario for the A & B side (East).

Appomattox Regional Governor's School, who the 71 point scorer Jada Boyd plays for, lost in the 2016 finals to Northwood and last year lost in the quarters to Honaker.  This year, in what games they have listed on that inaccurate site that everyone hates and doesn't get mentioned here... they are 1-6.  So apparently they are not as good as a team as they have been.

As for Ridgeview, the ship is still afloat for now.  They WERE picked third in the district.  Abingdon and Central both were picked ahead of them, so there's that.  If they lose tonight to Gate City, then the questions will start to come.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Mercy rule is a 35+ point lead

It won't be hard.  Region D for 1A is the BDD, Cumberland and Hogoheegee schools.  So, in the BDD it should be Grundy and Honaker for sure.  Out of the Cumberland, I could see Eastside, Burton and Rye Cove, and the Hogoheegee I see Chilhowie and PH, to make the 8 teams if it's an 8 team tournament.

There is no more West region.  4 region setup with 2 coming from each region, the region finalists.  Region D winner "hosts" Region C runner up, Region C winner "Hosts" Region D runner up.  Same scenario for the A & B side (East).

Appomattox Regional Governor's School, who the 71 point scorer Jada Boyd plays for, lost in the 2016 finals to Northwood and last year lost in the quarters to Honaker.  This year, in what games they have listed on that inaccurate site that everyone hates and doesn't get mentioned here... they are 1-6.  So apparently they are not as good as a team as they have been.

As for Ridgeview, the ship is still afloat for now.  They WERE picked third in the district.  Abingdon and Central both were picked ahead of them, so there's that.  If they lose tonight to Gate City, then the questions will start to come.

Yes Ridgeview game tonight is big for my rankings of them. So they better play hard lol. 

Dont tell me the playoff format changed ? I just learned what was a new format to me a few weeks ago. Of course I was researching based off last year. 

And yes I know which site your talking about. If it makes you feel any better I've lived in 3 states and everyone I know that follows sports hates the site.  It is for sure inaccurate at times 

41 minutes ago, champ said:

Yes Ridgeview game tonight is big for my rankings of them. So they better play hard lol. 

Dont tell me the playoff format changed ? I just learned what was a new format to me a few weeks ago. Of course I was researching based off last year. 

And yes I know which site your talking about. If it makes you feel any better I've lived in 3 states and everyone I know that follows sports hates the site.  It is for sure inaccurate at times 

The way I understand it each region is responsible for setting up their  tournament. 

In region D 1A this year the top 3 teams from each district will go to the regional tournament.  Two of the 3 seeds will play each other and after that game it will be a basic 8 team bracket. 

I think this year the BDD 1 will get the remaining 3 seed as their first game. And every year it will rotate from district to district. 

On 1/10/2018 at 11:54 PM, champ said:

Updated 1-11-18

1. PM 

2. Abingdon 

3. Central 

4 carrol county 

5 Ridgeview 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville 

9 Eastside 

10 Galax 

bubble

Honaker 

Floyd county 

Union 

Lebanon 

UPDATE 1-12-18

1 PM  win 73-29 vs narrows 

2 Abingdon  no change 

3 carrol county 

4 central ( drops one with loss to union ) 

5 Ridgeview ( won close vs Gate City ) 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville 

9 Eastside 

10 Galax 

bubble 

- floyd 

- Union 

- honaker   

- Lebanon 

9 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Galax thumped George Wythe 55-36 tonight.  Impressive performance by an inconsistent team getting much more consistent as the season progresses. 

Sounds like they looked really good like they did the game I saw them play earlier this season.  I'm a believer of GALAX.  I'm not sure they can beat what I saw at PM but it sounds like the two of those guys are headed for a clash.  

According to the Roanoke website PM won 80 to 12 or something like that tonight  

im not sure what kind of competition is there these scores are crazy 

very impressive win for galax. I believe the D1 division is heating up 

11 hours ago, champ said:

According to the Roanoke website PM won 80 to 12 or something like that tonight  

im not sure what kind of competition is there these scores are crazy

Very bad comp.  Christiansburg beat the same team, 83-32, a few days ago.  PM hasn't played anyone much since Dec.  They won't face good competition again until they play Lord Botetourt at the end of the month. 

1 hour ago, Beamerball said:

Very bad comp.  Christiansburg beat the same team, 83-32, a few days ago.  PM hasn't played anyone much since Dec.  They won't face good competition again until they play Lord Botetourt at the end of the month. 

I called the Blacksburg @ Cburg game last night. Cburg has a couple of tall girls down low in Allen and Carr and then Hutson can SHOOT. Not sure how they stack up in Class 3, but they surprised me. 

36 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I called the Blacksburg @ Cburg game last night. Cburg has a couple of tall girls down low in Allen and Carr and then Hutson can SHOOT. Not sure how they stack up in Class 3, but they surprised me. 

I've saw cburg once this year and I agree they have a good team. Have some talent.  I think they can compete in D3 this year based on some teams I'm watching. 

The Roanoke times has them listed high in their top 10. I can't remember where but they are receiving attention 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Not saying Cburg isn't a good team, just pointing out that the rest of the Pioneer teams are bad.

4 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Not saying Cburg isn't a good team, just pointing out that the rest of the Pioneer teams are bad.

Sounds like your right. id like to see them play the LB game.  It's a Saturday. It looks like some pretty good boys teams will be in that tournament as well 

On 1/13/2018 at 12:04 AM, champ said:

UPDATE 1-12-18

1 PM  win 73-29 vs narrows 

2 Abingdon  no change 

3 carrol county 

4 central ( drops one with loss to union ) 

5 Ridgeview ( won close vs Gate City ) 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville 

9 Eastside 

10 Galax 

bubble 

- floyd 

- Union 

- honaker   

- Lebanon 

Update  1-18

1 pm 

2 Abingdon 

3 carrol 

4 central

5 Ridgeview 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville 

9 Galax 

10 union 

bubble 

honaker 

Eastside 

floyd 

lebanon 

9 hours ago, champ said:

Update  1-18

1 pm 

2 Abingdon 

3 carrol 

4 central

5 Ridgeview 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville 

9 Galax 

10 union 

bubble 

honaker 

Eastside 

floyd 

lebanon 

Union beat Central..they should be higher than 10.

2 hours ago, WAVE 316 said:

Union beat Central..they should be higher than 10.

They also lost to central, lost to Eastside and lost to a average GATE city team 

but looks like they are in the right direction now.  They climbing up my list.  I think one of the hotter teams as of late 

The girls are playing really well right now, they avenged the Eastside loss and rolled them Wed or Thursday night I can't remember. I believe last night. Maybe they will be more consistent.  Not sure they will beat RV, is it in Clintwood or BSG?

1 hour ago, WAVE 316 said:

Ridgeview wins 50-42 over Union. 

Very evenly matched game. Union continues to impress.  

1 hour ago, EliteSWVAFan said:

In other news, Abingdon wins over John Battle but only by 2. 42-40

Abingdon is fading some. Hasn't looked overly impressive lately 

On 1/18/2018 at 11:55 PM, champ said:

Update  1-18

1 pm 

2 Abingdon 

3 carrol 

4 central

5 Ridgeview 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville 

9 Galax 

10 union 

bubble 

honaker 

Eastside 

floyd 

lebanon 

Update weekend of 1-20-18

1 PM ( no change win 65-26 vs faith ) 

2 carrol county 

3 central wise ( win over Abingdon) 

4 Abingdon ( loss to central ) 

5 Ridgeview 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville 

9 Galax 

10 union 

bubble 

Eastside 

floyd county 

lebanon

honaker 

18 hours ago, champ said:

Update weekend of 1-20-18

1 PM ( no change win 65-26 vs faith ) 

2 carrol county 

3 central wise ( win over Abingdon) 

4 Abingdon ( loss to central ) 

5 Ridgeview 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville 

9 Galax 

10 union 

bubble 

Eastside 

floyd county 

lebanon

honaker 

My vote would be to move Union to 6th and slide the rest down. If they continue to improve I think they might be a top 4 in a few weeks. 

Im not sure what’s going on in Abingdon but they have a team loaded with talent. 

21 minutes ago, Girls-Hoops said:

My vote would be to move Union to 6th and slide the rest down. If they continue to improve I think they might be a top 4 in a few weeks. 

Im not sure what’s going on in Abingdon but they have a team loaded with talent. 

Union seems to be on the move 

Abingdon is a head scratcher 

Christiansburg is really playing good ball.  I seen them for the first time last week.