Rankings

champ

4 hours ago, Girls-Hoops said:

My vote would be to move Union to 6th and slide the rest down. If they continue to improve I think they might be a top 4 in a few weeks. 

Im not sure what’s going on in Abingdon but they have a team loaded with talent. 

Can't put Union ahead of Ridgeview, Wolfpack has the Bears number. But I've been pleasantly surprised by how well the girls have played.

2 minutes ago, Girls-Hoops said:

Agree. I’d put them 6th and Ridgeview 5th. 

You guys have caught way more games than I have, I have no idea about any team outside of the conference. I can't give any accurate rankings, just know the Bears are playing well right now and have talent. But that damn Wolfpack seems to jus have our number in GBB. 

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

You guys have caught way more games than I have, I have no idea about any team outside of the conference. I can't give any accurate rankings, just know the Bears are playing well right now and have talent. But that damn Wolfpack seems to jus have our number in GBB. 

I'm holding out a couple more games on union.  They certainly look like they are getting strong though 

by the end of this week things may turn upside down that's for sure 

the homer in me was chomping at the bit to move honaker inside the top 10, but a bad loss prevented that. Strength of schedule for the tigers is not real good moving forward 

1 hour ago, champ said:

I'm holding out a couple more games on union.  They certainly look like they are getting strong though 

the homer in me was chomping at the bit to move honaker inside the top 10, but a bad loss prevented that. Strength of schedule for the tigers is not real good moving forward 

I watched the Union ES game. Union still isn’t hitting on all cylinders, but they are gradually getting better as the year goes on. 

Honakers youth showed during the Grundy game.  They may still break into the top 10 before the year is over. Nomatter the  future looks really good for your Honaker Team.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, champ said:

What are you considering a bad loss?  If it's Grundy, that's not a bad loss.  Grundy was predicted to win the BDD in the preseason polls.

15 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

What are you considering a bad loss?  If it's Grundy, that's not a bad loss.  Grundy was predicted to win the BDD in the preseason polls.

I watched that game. Honaker had a really bad shooting night. Played mostly Freshmen the majority of the game and was down two with 30 seconds left. 

Grundy is a pretty good 1A team. They have  atleast 9 kids that can play a little. Friday night they looked as good or maybe better than ES in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

That's good to know and encouraging. I was told Grundy wasn't very strong. I haven't seen them play yet and missed the honaker match up 

13 minutes ago, Girls-Hoops said:

I watched that game. Honaker had a really bad shooting night. Played mostly Freshmen the majority of the game and was down two with 30 seconds left. 

Grundy is a pretty good 1A team. They have  atleast 9 kids that can play a little. Friday night they looked as good or maybe better than ES in my opinion. 

Well great now I have to add grundy to a my list of teams to go see lol. 

Thsts good news though. I'm glad to hear they are better than I heard. Glad because it makes me feel better about these young tigers 

I really think there's some special things ahead for honaker in a year or 2 

1 hour ago, champ said:

Well great now I have to add grundy to a my list of teams to go see lol. 

Thsts good news though. I'm glad to hear they are better than I heard. Glad because it makes me feel better about these young tigers 

I really think there's some special things ahead for honaker in a year or 2 

0A45375E-D14F-46CB-B4BE-E1328203426F.png

2 hours ago, Girls-Hoops said:

0A45375E-D14F-46CB-B4BE-E1328203426F.png

All single A list correct ? 

I like it.  Tigers are getting some love 

don't you have to pay for that site ?  

I see they have EASTSIDE over GALAX. I think the two teams are very close but GALAX did edge out the win 

2 hours ago, champ said:

All single A list correct ? 

I like it.  Tigers are getting some love 

don't you have to pay for that site ?  

I see they have EASTSIDE over GALAX. I think the two teams are very close but GALAX did edge out the win 

Yes all single A. 

Vapreps is not a pay site. But you have to pay if you want the premium content and to get on the Rivals stuff. 

I still think ES is a Fuzz better than Galax. 

Parry McCluer loses their 2nd game of the season, dropping a game to Lord Botetourt, 56-50, in the tournament at Rockbridge this evening.  LB beat Abingdon early in Dec., but the Falcons defeated LB the 2nd time around at the end of the Dec., 51-43, in the tourney at Cave Spring.  LB has beaten George Wythe (66-37) and Cave Spring (57-49).  LB will face Floyd Co. Feb. 3 in the Adam Ward Classic at Salem.

3 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Parry McCluer loses their 2nd game of the season, dropping a game to Lord Botetourt, 56-50, in the tournament at Rockbridge this evening.  LB beat Abingdon early in Dec., but the Falcons defeated LB the 2nd time around at the end of the Dec., 51-43, in the tourney at Cave Spring.  LB has beaten George Wythe (66-37) and Cave Spring (57-49).  LB will face Floyd Co. Feb. 3 in the Adam Ward Classic at Salem.

Hey guys. I'm actually just getting home from the Rock the ribbon.  Enjoyed a great day of basketball. 

LB vs PM was a good game. Two top notch programs for sure. 

Im not sure I will move rankings to much based on this. Maybe a spot or so. 

I've got some score board catching up to do and then a ranking 

im hoping to catch Abingdon some time this week again 

On 1/20/2018 at 8:14 PM, champ said:

Update weekend of 1-20-18

1 PM ( no change win 65-26 vs faith ) 

2 carrol county 

3 central wise ( win over Abingdon) 

4 Abingdon ( loss to central ) 

5 Ridgeview 

6 Patrick county 

7 Christiansburg 

8 martinsville