Can Mac get past 2770?

BearDawg

Updated through today. He needs 73 points to break Iverson’s record for points in a season and is 247 points from breaking Caleb Tanner’s VHSL record for career points. With the 38.09 ppg average, there’s a chance it could happen in the state title game if GC makes it that far. Tanner Cook , Johnson City Press is correct also 

10 minutes ago, Jeep Man said:

Is Gate City official score keeper good enough? 

And I could pretend I talked to John Wooden's ghost and he told me when you die you become a supernova, but without any facts or sources, I'd just sound like a condescending dick like you. If you have information that proves the total being kept here is wrong, post the information and update us, don't be an asshole about it.

2 minutes ago, Jeep Man said:

Updated through today. He needs 73 points to break Iverson’s record for points in a season and is 247 points from breaking Caleb Tanner’s VHSL record for career points. With the 38.09 ppg average, there’s a chance it could happen in the state title game if GC makes it that far. Tanner Cook , Johnson City Press is correct also 

That information is almost exactly what Liam has posted, 73 away from Iverson and needing to average right at 38ppg in seven games to break Tanner's record. So why were you being so combative about it?

14 minutes ago, Jeep Man said:

So which one of your facts is correct, 38.09 ppg or 247 points?  

38.09 ppg x 7 games=267 points

35.29 ppg x 7 games=247 points

6 minutes ago, Jeep Man said:

The 247 , I’ll bet the farm on it , straight from GC official scorer , the guys math might be off . That much I’m for sure about . I was just posting the 247 number from another person. 

Gate City's official scorer would know better than anyone. 

15 hours ago, Jeep Man said:

Let’s check conversation that were wrote , and who was the one doing the name calling ? Not me , grow up!!

That makes no sense. You came in here and were being a dick and overly combative about a minor error then you don't even get the numbers right. 

14 hours ago, Jeep Man said:

The 247 , I’ll bet the farm on it , straight from GC official scorer , the guys math might be off . That much I’m for sure about . I was just posting the 247 number from another person. 

If you aren't 100% sure, why are you acting so offended?

17 minutes ago, Jeep Man said:

Let me get it down to your understanding level , play close attention. He has 247 to break scoring title record , not 267. I hope this helps .

Okay? That doesn't answer why you're being so combative about it. 

Not to hijack this thread but Wyrick recently surpassed 2,000 career points. Male and female athletes reaching that milestone in the same year, not to shabby for SWVA. 

http://www.heraldcourier.com/sports/wyrick-reaches-career-points-in-eastside-win/article_d682f5a2-f2a0-11e7-a413-1f21c34a83f2.html

2 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Who broadcasts Gate City games? Online stream?

No one at the moment except when ballislife does them.  Joe Carter  a former RC football HC was doing them last year but the GC radio station shut down and he tried getting sponsorship to do it online.  It seems that never got off the ground.

2 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

No one at the moment except when ballislife does them.  Joe Carter  a former RC football HC was doing them last year but the GC radio station shut down and he tried getting sponsorship to do it online.  It seems that never got off the ground.

Pretty sad that you have a state championship team with no radio coverage.

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

Seems like sponsors would be lining up to get their advertising on a GC broadcast 

via Tanner Cook @tcookjdpress;

and Gate City @bluedevilslive

Mac McClung season point totals 
***2/21: v TBD 
**2/17: v Wise Central 41 (W 83-70)
**2/15: v Abingdon 37 (W, 96-44)
2/7: v Daniel Boone (TN) 45 (W, 91-46)
2/6: v Ridgeview 43 (W, 90-67)
2/3: v Pulaski 47 (W, 89-69)
2/2: v Abingdon 40 (W, 103-51)
1/30: v Battle 42 (W, 84-64)
1/27: v Cleveland (TN) 39 (W, 82-72)
1/26: v Union 30 (W, 82-47)
1/23: v Wise Central 35 (W 99-70)
1/19: v Lee 42 (W, 111-67)
1/13: v Ridgeview 44 (W, 98-60)
1/10: v Abingdon 47 (W, 103-59)
1/6: v Floyd 33 (W, 75-54)
1/5: v Battle 33 (W, 86-40)
1/3: v Union 31 (W, 70-56)
*12/30: v Lakota East (OH) 28 (W, 66-54) 
*12/29: v Fern Creek (KY) 44 (W, 70-68)
*12/28: v Tennessee High (TN) 40 (W, 79-43)
*12/27: v North Mecklenburg (NC) 26 (L, 80-64)
12/22: v Knoxville Christian (TN) 31 (W, 74-46)
12/19: v Daniel Boone (TN) 35 (W, 75-66)
12/15: v Wise Central 37 (W, 81-42)
12/12: v Lee 47 (W, 96-43)

Thru 2/17 totals: 917 points; 38.21 ppg; 2,565 total points
Gate City record: 23-1 (Max number of games: 30)
*- Arby’s Classic
**- Mountain 7 District Tournament
***- Region 2D Tournament

VHSL Records
- Caleb Tanner, Floyd (all-time scorer; 2,770 career points)
- 1976-77: Joe Stiltner, Bland (season scoring average; 41.67 ppg)
- 1992-93: Allen Iverson, Bethel (season scoring points; 948 points)

SCENARIOS

- To break the VHSL career scoring record, he needs 206 more points this season with a possibility of six more games remaining, if GC makes it to the Class 2A title game and does not lose. He would need an average of 34.34 ppg to break the record. 

- To break the VHSL single season record for total points, he needs 32 more points this season with a possibility of six more games, if GC makes it to the Class 2A title game and does not lose. He would need an average of 5.34 ppg to break the record. 

Updated thru 02/17/18
McClung needs 32 points to break Allen Iverson’s single season record in:

1 game:      32      points
2 games:    16.00 ppg
3 games:    10.67 ppg
4 games:     8.00  ppg
5 games:     6.40  ppg
6 games:     5.34  ppg

McClung needs 206 points to break Caleb Tanner’s career scoring record in:

5 games:    41.20 ppg
6 games:    34.34 ppg

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, cowboysnskynyrd said:

Not to hijack this thread but Wyrick recently surpassed 2,000 career points. Male and female athletes reaching that milestone in the same year, not to shabby for SWVA. 

http://www.heraldcourier.com/sports/wyrick-reaches-career-points-in-eastside-win/article_d682f5a2-f2a0-11e7-a413-1f21c34a83f2.html

Maggie Guynn also scored her 2000th point this year.

Don't ya worry homie. Mac gonna get all da focus he want when da b-oyz from Dan River or da Cats get a hold of him.  Mac can't hold our jocks. Team that played last year was as weak or weaker than dese boyz so we isn't worried bout you boyz. All dis team does is put mo points on da board than last year's.  We saw the GC Dan River game. Bros told me to watch a big white dude, a small pg and da quarterback. Said he could bound. I said who da qb?  I aint see no qb on da floor. I see no dude who be a qb eva man. Dude dat scored 60 whateva dat night?  If I took 23567 shots i coulda scored 60 whateva too dawg.  

Come on dude. Straight now. GC just one dude. Radford is a team. A MANs team.  A grown MANs team. A REAL grown MANs team bro. We gonna show da River who da best.  We gonna show all Region C who da best. GC gonna be lucky if they even get da see us.  

Straight up homie. Radford the next state CHAMPS. Read it bro.  CHAMPS bro. Don't matter how many As they put behind us we gonna rule da world!!!

We gonna hold da trophy and da Cat fans gonna sing. We Dem Boyz. We Makin Noiz. 

State Champs 2018. - The Cats!!!

1 hour ago, HowTheWestWasWon2017 said:

Don't ya worry homie. Mac gonna get all da focus he want when da b-oyz from Dan River or da Cats get a hold of him.  Mac can't hold our jocks. Team that played last year was as weak or weaker than dese boyz so we isn't worried bout you boyz. All dis team does is put mo points on da board than last year's.  We saw the GC Dan River game. Bros told me to watch a big white dude, a small pg and da quarterback. Said he could bound. I said who da qb?  I aint see no qb on da floor. I see no dude who be a qb eva man. Dude dat scored 60 whateva dat night?  If I took 23567 shots i coulda scored 60 whateva too dawg.  

Come on dude. Straight now. GC just one dude. Radford is a team. A MANs team.  A grown MANs team. A REAL grown MANs team bro. We gonna show da River who da best.  We gonna show all Region C who da best. GC gonna be lucky if they even get da see us.  

Straight up homie. Radford the next state CHAMPS. Read it bro.  CHAMPS bro. Don't matter how many As they put behind us we gonna rule da world!!!

We gonna hold da trophy and da Cat fans gonna sing. We Dem Boyz. We Makin Noiz. 

State Champs 2018. - The Cats!!!

Dook is that you??