Can Mac get past 2770?

BearDawg

23 hours ago, HowTheWestWasWon2017 said:

Don't ya worry homie. Mac gonna get all da focus he want when da b-oyz from Dan River or da Cats get a hold of him.  Mac can't hold our jocks. Team that played last year was as weak or weaker than dese boyz so we isn't worried bout you boyz. All dis team does is put mo points on da board than last year's.  We saw the GC Dan River game. Bros told me to watch a big white dude, a small pg and da quarterback. Said he could bound. I said who da qb?  I aint see no qb on da floor. I see no dude who be a qb eva man. Dude dat scored 60 whateva dat night?  If I took 23567 shots i coulda scored 60 whateva too dawg.  

Come on dude. Straight now. GC just one dude. Radford is a team. A MANs team.  A grown MANs team. A REAL grown MANs team bro. We gonna show da River who da best.  We gonna show all Region C who da best. GC gonna be lucky if they even get da see us.  

Straight up homie. Radford the next state CHAMPS. Read it bro.  CHAMPS bro. Don't matter how many As they put behind us we gonna rule da world!!!

We gonna hold da trophy and da Cat fans gonna sing. We Dem Boyz. We Makin Noiz. 

State Champs 2018. - The Cats!!!

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but hell, I got even duller after reading this.  

On 2/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, Ryan4VT said:

Mac finished with 45 tonight. 

He is 109 points away from Iverson's single season record. That 100% will fall in the 1st round of the regionals. Book it. 

Nailed it. Mac just broke the record in the 2nd half of the 1st round of the regionals. Where's my award? Haha.

via Tanner Cook @tcookjcpress

Mac McClung season point totals 

***2/23: v Union 
***2/21: v Lebanon 41 (W, 80-43)
**2/17: v Wise Central 41 (W, 83-70)
**2/15: v Abingdon 37 (W, 96-44)
2/7: v Daniel Boone (TN) 45 (W, 91-46)
2/6: v Ridgeview 43 (W, 90-67)
2/3: v Pulaski 47 (W, 89-69)
2/2: v Abingdon 40 (W, 103-51)
1/30: v Battle 42 (W, 84-64)
1/27: v Cleveland (TN) 39 (W, 82-72)
1/26: v Union 30 (W, 82-47)
1/23: v Wise Central 35 (W 99-70)
1/19: v Lee 42 (W, 111-67)
1/13: v Ridgeview 44 (W, 98-60)
1/10: v Abingdon 47 (W, 103-59)
1/6: v Floyd 33 (W, 75-54)
1/5: v Battle 33 (W, 86-40)
1/3: v Union 31 (W, 70-56)
*12/30: v Lakota East (OH) 28 (W, 66-54) 
*12/29: v Fern Creek (KY) 44 (W, 70-68)
*12/28: v Tennessee High (TN) 40 (W, 79-43)
*12/27: v North Mecklenburg (NC) 26 (L, 80-64)

12/22: v Knoxville Christian (TN) 31 (W, 74-46)
12/19: v Daniel Boone (TN) 35 (W, 75-66)
12/15: v Wise Central 37 (W, 81-42)
12/12: v Lee 47 (W, 96-43)

Thru 2/21 totals: 958 points; 38.32 ppg; 2,606 total points
Gate City record: 24-1 (Max number of games: 30)
*- Arby’s Classic
**- Mountain 7 District Tournament
***- Region 2D Tournament

VHSL Records
- Caleb Tanner, Floyd (all-time scorer; 2,770 career points)

-Joe Stiltner, Bland (season scoring average; 41.67 points per game)

-Mac McClung, Gate City (single season scorer; currently 958 points)

Of course depending on what numbers you go by.  Going by the career mark that was posted in the KTN at the end of last year (1673), I believe he would need 139.   I've seen a couple other discrepancies in numbers, all within a 30 point margin. Maybe that will be noted in some of the game recap articles????

37 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

Of course depending on what numbers you go by.  Going by the career mark that was posted in the KTN at the end of last year (1673), I believe he would need 139.   I've seen a couple other discrepancies in numbers, all within a 30 point margin. Maybe that will be noted in some of the game recap articles????

They took away 2 games worth because they weren’t games that counted. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

They took away 2 games worth because they weren’t games that counted. 

1673 was the count the KTN had at the end of last season....not including those two benefit games this season.

This is what WCYB's Casey Goetz tweeted out following the game against Ridgeview at the end of the season...going by this would also bring the career total to the same 2631.

Casey Goetz @WCYB_CaseyGoetz 2h2 hours ago

After scoring 43 points tonight, @McclungMac is 154 points away from tying Allen Iverson's VHSL record of 948 points in a season. For his career, McClung has scored 2,506 points. That currently ranks 5th all-time in VHSL history. He's 264 points shy of the all-time career record

CORRECTION: McClung's career total is 2,467 not 2,506. 39 points he scored in a benefit game earlier this season was counted towards that total according to Gate City High School. His season total did NOT include benefit game so that is correct, still 154 points shy of record

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Duh, he was approached by Coach Vermillion in 8th grade and they were able to negotiate a deal.  Coach told Mac if he would then he could break the record and now look where we are!!  Get out of here with that nonsense.  Is it too hard for people these days to just be proud of someone's accomplishment or does everybody have to try and throw shade all the time?  I seen somewhere some guy said about the record, "he won't make the league so who cares."  Give me a break.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, BearDawg said:

Looks like a central va puke is trying to troll. I hope gc beats them like a drum. One man team😂. Mac could sit and gc walks thru the region D. 

I know your statement is just a hypothetical, but buddy GC wouldn't walk through Graham with McClung sitting.

11 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Chances of someone playing major ball control and trying to four corner the whole game against gate city? Have they seen that yet?

You better have some guards who can handle the ball extremely well.  Graham is probably the only team in D who could play this style and survive.

12 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I know your statement is just a hypothetical, but buddy GC wouldn't walk through Graham with McClung sitting.

I’d have to disagree. I saw graham play Union earlier and graham won, but struggled. In fairness, cam Allen didn’t dress. We were down two players too, but that’s not the point. I’m no gc fan. Quite the opposite. But it’s playoff time and I’ll pull for them after Union is out. That being said, I stand by my statement respectfully. 

46 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

I’d have to disagree. I saw graham play Union earlier and graham won, but struggled. In fairness, cam Allen didn’t dress. We were down two players too, but that’s not the point. I’m no gc fan. Quite the opposite. But it’s playoff time and I’ll pull for them after Union is out. That being said, I stand by my statement respectfully. 

Graham would win if McClung had to sit, and it’s really not debatable.

You do realize that Graham’s only losses of the season are two 1-point losses to Bluefield (just 4 losses on the season itself), a team against whom Graham pretty much has a mental block.  You do realize that Graham has defeated teams like Martinsville, who seems to be turning it on in time for the postseason.  You do realize that Graham’s margin of victory in its key games (Union) isn’t *that* dissimilar to Gate City’s margin of victory.  You do realize that Graham hasn’t given up more than 56 points to a non-Bluefield opponent this calendar year.

All the fawning over Gate City has badly, and unwarrantedly, overshadowed that Graham has a quality team this season that would be a legitimate state title threat in every other season in the last two decades but this one.  This board needs to realize, that when Graham and Gate City play for the regional title, that for the first time since the Arby’s Tournament, Gate City is playing a team whose best game is better than their own worst game.  I don’t think Graham wins, but this board would unjustifiably have a cataclysmic meltdown if it happened.

I do believe Graham is much better than people may want to give them credit for or realize but let's not go thumping our chest over the whole holding opponents to 45.  All be it that is impressive nonetheless but it's the SWD.  The M7 wasn't that great but look who's still alive in the region, 3 M7's to your 1 SWD.  I agree that if both make it to the region championship it will be the toughest opponent GC has played in awhile but the same can go for Graham.