Peach Bowl

sup_rbeast

40 minutes ago, EH31 said:

because he plays his freshmen? Every team since Marshall in the 70's has been allowed to do that man 

No. Because they have 12 true freshmen at the caliber/level to compete and win a national championship like that. Share the wealth. 

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I started pulling for Alabama in the 3rd quarter Monday night simply because I got tired of hearing Georgia's band constantly playing the same thing over and over again.  And I thought Union's band was repetitive... Lol

Go to a UGA game an experience it.

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I started pulling for Alabama in the 3rd quarter Monday night simply because I got tired of hearing Georgia's band constantly playing the same thing over and over again.  And I thought Union's band was repetitive... Lol

Don’t you diss Phantom of the Opera. 

If you don’t like a band playing the same stuff, don’t go to a football game. VT constantly plays he H O K I E S HOKIES chant. FSU has the war chant. USC has their litttle tag. UF has the Go Gators thing.  

Just about every band has “that song.” 

31 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

If you don’t like a band playing the same stuff, don’t go to a football game. VT constantly plays he H O K I E S HOKIES chant. FSU has the war chant. USC has their litttle tag. UF has the Go Gators thing.  

Not every single down former band member... Lol

HOKIES is only after every first down... don't know enough about your other examples to comment.

The UGA riff was cool at first, but then it got old, then it got infuriating.  It's like that song you really really like... are you going to play it on repeat over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for every mile of a 4 hour road trip?  No, you're not, because it will eventually get old and you'll be tired of it.

9 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Not every single down former band member... Lol

HOKIES is only after every first down... don't know enough about your other examples to comment.

The UGA riff was cool at first, but then it got old, then it got infuriating.  It's like that song you really really like... are you going to play it on repeat over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for every mile of a 4 hour road trip?  No, you're not, because it will eventually get old and you'll be tired of it.

I went from Richlands to Winston Salem back to Richlands today for the VT game. Listened to the new Justin Timberlake song called Filthy 32 times according to my iPhone. 

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

You would be THAT guy... Lol.  How did you like the Joel by the way?

Nice arena. Way bigger than anticipated (I guessed 12k attendance, My buddy guessed 9k: it’s axurally 14.5k). Parking wasn’t too bad once I found the Media lot. My only complaint was the Media seating was behind the basket, but about 50 feet from the court and very low. At least at VT, you’re behind the basket but it’s  up high with a nice angle and not that far away. 

But overall a fun experience. It will be the bottom of my list this season, though. Hard to top Rupl, Cameron Indoor and JPJ. 

22 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

We don’t.

10 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

We didn’t in 1990, either, when we were ranked #1 in the nation.  Since VT has never been ranked #1 in any sport, ever, would you like me to explain the concept?  :)

Congrats on being ranked #1 at some point only to not be ranked #1 at the end, the same at VT has never been ranked #1 at the end. No one cares who was ranked #1 in week 5 of 1990. Only UVA fans even know that. 

On 1/10/2018 at 2:29 PM, Ryan4VT said:

What are you referencing as Phantom of the Opera?  If it was Georgia I dont believe that is what you were hearing.  They play Glory Glory in a normal/slow pace when time or at a super quick annoying pace about 120 times a game traditionally.

45 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

What are you referencing as Phantom of the Opera?  If it was Georgia I dont believe that is what you were hearing.  They play Glory Glory in a normal/slow pace when time or at a super quick annoying pace about 120 times a game traditionally.

It’s actually Bama’s Band that plays Phantom. 

The first thing they play in the video below is Phantom. 

Is that the song you were taking about, @swva_havok_fan???

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Congrats on being ranked #1 at some point only to not be ranked #1 at the end, the same at VT has never been ranked #1 at the end. No one cares who was ranked #1 in week 5 of 1990. Only UVA fans even know that. 

Oh, believe me, fans of legitimate football schools know very well of your futility.  :)

4 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

He was talking about UGAs band being annoying........and it is.

He said UGA’s, but if you don’t see them playing, you don’t know who’s band it is. If that’s is the song he was annoyed by, he was actually annoyed with Bama’s band.