Region D projections (Boys)

Dick_Vitale

We are virtually at the half way point in the season without much chatter on the boys side. Obviously GC is the front runner by a significant margin, but who is battling for 2nd? IMO Graham is probably the team but Union is making a decent case at possibly upsetting Graham when it counts. Anyone else have any input? 

Also saw that Richlands lost to a weak Lebanon team giving Richlands it's first loss. Graham seems head and shoulders better than anyone in the old C39. 

Region D teams consist of: GC, Central, Lee, Union, Ridgeview, Abingdon, Va High, John Battle, Lebanon, Richlands, Tazewell, Graham, Marion, (Grayson Co? or are they Region C?)

Grayson County is Region D. Remember, they beat Ridgeview in the first round of the football playoffs? Lol

The 8 teams I pick that will make the Region D tournament are Gate City, Union and Wise Central out of the Mountain. 

Graham, Richlands, Lebanon and Marion out of the Southwest and Grayson County out of their district. Grayson only has 1 loss on the season. 

How they'll be seeded (by power points) I have no idea. 

Abingdon should make the 3A region D tournament. 

59 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Grayson County is Region D. Remember, they beat Ridgeview in the first round of the football playoffs? Lol...

Yes, @swva_havok_fan is keenly aware that Grayson Co is Region D.  

But with prayers, electroconvulsive therapy, and intensive counseling sessions, he'll be ready to watch the Pack again come August.

3 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Yes, @swva_havok_fan is keenly aware that Grayson Co is Region D.  

But with prayers, electroconvulsive therapy, and intensive counseling sessions, he'll be ready to watch the Pack again come August.

Well played @Liam McPoyle. Lol. And you're darn right. We're all set in football for awhile barring injury.

9 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Grayson County is Region D. Remember, they beat Ridgeview in the first round of the football playoffs? Lol

The 8 teams I pick that will make the Region D tournament are Gate City, Union and Wise Central out of the Mountain. 

Graham, Richlands, Lebanon and Marion out of the Southwest and Grayson County out of their district. Grayson only has 1 loss on the season. 

Grayson's only loss was an impressive showing against Radford in a 9 point game.  Grayson is a solid team with a lot of talent.  Grayson didn't have an answer for the quickness of Morton-Robertson.  Not many will outside of Gate City.

12 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I'm pretty sure, but not 100% sure, that the way basketball works this year is there will be be four teams that make region out of the Mountain Conference, and 4 that make it out of the other conference, (Grayson is included in that conference, although not being in that district).  Then 1 seed from one conference plays 4 seed from other conference and visa versa.  I think this is correct, but not 100%. 

1 hour ago, halosports said:

I'm pretty sure, but not 100% sure, that the way basketball works this year is there will be be four teams that make region out of the Mountain Conference, and 4 that make it out of the other conference, (Grayson is included in that conference, although not being in that district).  Then 1 seed from one conference plays 4 seed from other conference and visa versa.  I think this is correct, but not 100%. 

Who knows... the document on the VHSL page says regions will be 8 teams seeded based on power points.  It's the VHSL... they'll make up the rules as they go along I'm sure.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Who knows... the document on the VHSL page says regions will be 8 teams seeded based on power points.  It's the VHSL... they'll make up the rules as they go along I'm sure.

In region 2C, I was told the other night that all 13 teams will be in the regionals in a 16 team bracket with the top 3 teams getting 1st round byes. First 2 rounds at the higher seeded teams home court and the semis and finals at a yet to be determined site. Teams are seeded by power points. Radford and Dan River will probably be the top 2 teams and after that who knows.

1 hour ago, pdfan said:

In region 2C, I was told the other night that all 13 teams will be in the regionals in a 16 team bracket with the top 3 teams getting 1st round byes. First 2 rounds at the higher seeded teams home court and the semis and finals at a yet to be determined site. Teams are seeded by power points. Radford and Dan River will probably be the top 2 teams and after that who knows.

I read that too on the devil board.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:12 AM, sixcat said:

Grayson's only loss was an impressive showing against Radford in a 9 point game.  Grayson is a solid team with a lot of talent.  Grayson didn't have an answer for the quickness of Morton-Robertson.  Not many will outside of Gate City.

Is Radford 1A or 2A ?