Richlands @Graham

cityofRaven

I listened to the game between Lebanon and Blues online.  Richlands was up on the Pioneers by 23 points with 3:25 to go in 3Q.  There were 13 fouls called in 1Q by refs.  Listening,  the Blues became complacent with the lead and the Pioneers took advantage of it. 

In the Blues defense, that one kid for Lebanon can take over a game by himself.  The kid can flat out play and gets his team involved as much as he can.  I was impressed with him last year and thought for sure he was a senior. 

However, theres no excuse for being up by 23 pts in the 3rd qtr and blowing a game.  Im sure Richlands wins that game 8 or 9 out of 10 times.   

4 hours ago, GoBearsGo said:

Not seen Richlands but I’ll agree with the above post, a loss to Lebanon isn’t a good sign. Graham played well against Union and has a good all around team. I’d have to go with the Gmen. 

Cam Allen is back for Graham now which gives them a big boost. 17 points in his first game back 

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

Cam Allen is back for Graham now which gives them a big boost. 17 points in his first game back 

That will be a boost for them for sure. I had heard he was out permanently but when he was at the Union game I figured it was only a few games or he wouldn’t have been there. 

15 hours ago, olim said:

Graham 92 Richlands 64 if weather don't call it off.

That was pretty dang close. GMen served the Blues up on a silver platter.  Blues lucky their coach wasn't sent to locker room. Graham has a solid All Around team and the "Dream Team" graduated. 

It’s safe to say Richlands head coach Fred Phillips was impressed with what he saw from the G-Men.

“We caught a whirlwind. Graham talked about winning the state,” Phillips said. “They should win the state. They will kill Gate City, they are the best team I have seen...

“It is Graham’s year. They said in the preseason they are going to go all the way to state. They are on a great journey night now. They are a great team. They might as well up in Richmond go ahead and mark it on the trophy: ‘State champions.’”

38 minutes ago, E.Z.DOES.IT said:

It’s safe to say Richlands head coach Fred Phillips was impressed with what he saw from the G-Men.

“We caught a whirlwind. Graham talked about winning the state,” Phillips said. “They should win the state. They will kill Gate City, they are the best team I have seen...

“It is Graham’s year. They said in the preseason they are going to go all the way to state. They are on a great journey night now. They are a great team. They might as well up in Richmond go ahead and mark it on the trophy: ‘State champions.’”

trolls_Branch.jpg

43 minutes ago, E.Z.DOES.IT said:

I don’t know whether to be mad or laugh.  The underrated part, the newspaper not catching the obvious butthurt.

8 hours ago, E.Z.DOES.IT said:

Phillips needs to A) quit scheduling cupcakes to make his win-loss record look good and B) learn how to lose with class. These quotes were an attempt to put a bullseye on Graham because Richlands just got rolled by 30. Hopefully Graham beats them by a lot more in the rematch.