Gate City @ Ridgeview

swva_havok_fan

Not a question of who's going to win the game... Ridgeview in a Chaminade-esque upset of course, right @UVAObserver?  Lol

Nah, the real predictions here are:

1. How many does Gate City score?
  2. How many does Mac go for?
  3. How many SC worthy highlights will Overtime tweet out tonight?

My answers are:

1. 110
  2. 55
  3. 6

The closest guess to each question wins.... absolutely nothing.  :)

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I love how every year at the Maui Invitational, ESPN has to remind the nation of that glorious day.  Lol

What always gets me is that there’s no discussion about HOW it happened.  ESPN, which is not infatuated with UVA anyway, just makes it sound like we derped around and lost to a NAIA school for no reason at all. 

Here’s the timeline: (1) December 11 -beat #3 Georgetown in one of College basketball’s legendary games, Sampson v. Ewing.  (2) December 10-14 - team takes final exams.  (3) December 15 - Sampson hit with Norovirus, out for the next week.  (4) December 16 - defeats national runner-up Houston in Tokyo.  (5) December 18 - defeats Utah in Tokyo.  (6) December 24 - team stops back by Hawaii on its way home, plays Chaminade, loses.

That team had just played four games, two of which were against nationally elite teams, during and after final exams, and the last three games of which were halfway across the world.  No wonder a team that’s tired, with its best player weakened from Norovirus, and jet-lagged to Hell might drop a shocker.

And that Chaminade team had beaten Division I Hawaii 8 days prior, so that team wasn’t a collection of stiffs.  They had 2 Virginia players who had played with Sampson in high school, so there’s extra incentive there.

Should have won the game, yes, but it’s historically overblown.

17 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Damn, GC is playing a different sport than rest of Mountain. 

Mac is on pace to break record right? If he averages 40ppg, he will break 2,770 right?

If GC makes it to the title game, he'll need about 34 to 35 ppg

37 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Damn, GC is playing a different sport than rest of Mountain. 

Mac is on pace to break record right? If he averages 40ppg, he will break 2,770 right?

Presuming GC doesn’t suffer some massive playoff upset, he is.  He only needs to average about 33 PPG by my eyeball calculation.

56 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Presuming GC doesn’t suffer some massive playoff upset, he is.  He only needs to average about 33 PPG by my eyeball calculation.

Which for most players is an insane per game stat but for McClung, it's the norm. Dudes a special player.

53 minutes ago, RiverRat24 said:

He may end up raising his average big time if Zacs injury to his foot/ankle from tonight is serious enough to cause him to miss any games the next few weeks. 

I hope Zac can make it back atleast by the postseason. I wasn’t there so how did the injury look/how did it happen?

With Zac out its hard telling what kind of numbers Mac will go for. Dean will be able to step up big. I have no doubts about that. 

15 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I hope Zac can make it back atleast by the postseason. I wasn’t there so how did the injury look/how did it happen?

With Zac out its hard telling what kind of numbers Mac will go for. Dean will be able to step up big. I have no doubts about that. 

Well he went and had it wrapped and came back in the game but you could tell it was bothering him. so he went back to the locker room early before halftime then came back in during the 2nd half but he didnt play long before he pulled himself out.  Hopefully just tweaked it a bit.....definitely hoping its not a nagging sprain.  Could spell bad news for GC.  Bradley picked up the slack immediately which was nice to see