What is going on with Richlands

swva_havok_fan

So, the Blue Tornadoes drop to 0-3 in the SWD with a loss to Virginia High last night.  

The way I understand it, the Mountain 7 District will get 4 Region D bids, Grayson County will get one leaving the SWD to get 3 bids.  The Richlands folks have been eerily quiet on the board, is it panic mode time yet for Richlands?

5 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

So, the Blue Tornadoes drop to 0-3 in the SWD with a loss to Virginia High last night.  

The way I understand it, the Mountain 7 District will get 4 Region D bids, Grayson County will get one leaving the SWD to get 3 bids.  The Richlands folks have been eerily quiet on the board, is it panic mode time yet for Richlands?

Below average coach + average talent = Richlands basketball. 

They have played a cupcake schedule to get to 8-0 with wins against weak 1A opponents. 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:58 AM, Dick_Vitale said:

Below average coach + average talent = Richlands basketball. 

They have played a cupcake schedule to get to 8-0 with wins against weak 1A opponents. 

Way below average coach is the biggest problem I’m hearing!! They won’t make any noise this year. 

On 1/31/2018 at 10:05 PM, T52OS said:

Way below average coach is the biggest problem I’m hearing!! They won’t make any noise this year. 

You think? Should have kept Fuller, Phillips is a joke. Everybody knows Chris Moir orchestrated the whole fiasco. She wanted Phillips, she got him. She probably had a hand in the girls' coach stepping down. They're doing terrible too. When is the last time Richlands girls or boys dropped both regular season games to Graham? School boards shouldn't play politics with athletes but I guess it happens everywhere. 

On 1/31/2018 at 10:05 PM, T52OS said:

You have to give it to Mance, he played up in football while Phillips has played down in basketball. 

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

You have to give it to Mance, he played up in football while Phillips has played down in basketball. 

You all need to get off of Coach Phillips’s back. You don’t have all the information, and it’s a bad look for you all. My opinions are my own, and may not always be correct but they’re as informed, and unbiased as possible. Coach Phillips has done a great job in a difficult situation.  2 Time BDT Coach of The Year.  Made school history , and doing a great job in a competitive SWD.  

If you want a run down of the schedules at Richlands let me know. I can inform you, if you don’t like it pay your 5 dollars and come to the house of hustle and get your moneys worth.... 

1 hour ago, BrotherNero said:

You all need to get off of Coach Phillips’s back. You don’t have all the information, and it’s a bad look for you all. My opinions are my own, and may not always be correct but they’re as informed, and unbiased as possible. Coach Phillips has done a great job in a difficult situation.  2 Time BDT Coach of The Year.  Made school history , and doing a great job in a competitive SWD.  

If you want a run down of the schedules at Richlands let me know. I can inform you, if you don’t like it pay your 5 dollars and come to the house of hustle and get your moneys worth.... 

LOL....

On 2/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, BrotherNero said:

I don't think dropping better teams to play worse teams that you know you are going to beat is necessarily doing your own team any favors but that's just my opinion . Richlands gave up playing Bluefield this year to play in a single A tournament cupcake tournament in Twin Valley.  Guessing he was made to pick Union back up after he dropped them last year since girls basketball & other sports still played them. He has a group of boys who have played together since rec league and are solid players.  He keeps calling it a rebuilding year. Okay, I give him he lost talent but he's got a couple who were more & are more talented than at least two of his starters from last year; they should have started then but once again just my opinion. Yes, there are a lot of us out here very familiar with what and who perpetrated Jody Fuller being dismissed. Situations like that rarely make anyone look good, honestly. As far as school history, he made boys basketball history but girls had won region & been to state way before Phillips won those "two" regional games. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Does Richlands press a lot on defense? If not that self imposed name is definitely a sham 

I'm not sure about this year. Haven't seen them in person. But the last 3 year's they've almost exclusively pressed. 

11 hours ago, GMan said:

Yes, your entire post..."house of hustle"...pay your $5...if that's the case, Graham fans got $100 work for $5...

Graham fans definitely got $100 for the $6 we paid to watch, Richlands' fans should have probably been issued a refund for the night. 

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Cmon man even you gotta admit thats corny lol.

its an incredible rate situation when a team imposed nickname isn't corny. The Bear Den? lame. Any other cliche slogans? Lame. 

I didn’t coin the slogan. I just made a wallpaper for it 2 years ago.