GC 99 Wise Central 70

Jason

IMO, they had it out for Scotty since last year. He rarely, if ever, get's T'd up but received 2 in the first 2:00 (actually 2 within 3 seconds of each other) of the game last night. McClung had 35, but the most impressive thing to me was GC had 16 3's. Scoring was spread around more last night according to the score sheet.

Wasn’t able to attend last night. But what I heard from a good source, is that the ejection was bogus. Scotty didn’t raise his voice or curse. He plainly told the ref he thought he missed an obvious call. (Which in GC/WC games need to be called to avoid chippiness, Scotty just defending his players). I reckon Scotty got hit with a T, then was like “WHAT?!” Then hit with the other. Scotty is out for Friday’s game vs Union, unless GC appeals and wins somehow. (If that’s how things work.) Just wish we could’ve hung 100+ on the Walmart Wore-yours. Glad to see the team scoring stats grow as of late. Players are finally taking their shots and they need to keep doing so.  

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

OK, OK, let’s hear the only reason 80% of people even open these threads...how much did Mac score?

I believe he finished with 35...

53 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Wasn’t able to attend last night. But what I heard from a good source, is that the ejection was bogus. Scotty didn’t raise his voice or curse. He plainly told the ref he thought he missed an obvious call. (Which in GC/WC games need to be called to avoid chippiness, Scotty just defending his players). I reckon Scotty got hit with a T, then was like “WHAT?!” Then hit with the other. Scotty is out for Friday’s game vs Union, unless GC appeals and wins somehow. (If that’s how things work.) Just wish we could’ve hung 100+ on the Walmart Wore-yours. Glad to see the team scoring stats grow as of late. Players are finally taking their shots and they need to keep doing so.  

I'm pretty sure your contact and mine are the same... heard they got 3 technicals in JV and 1 in girls varsity as well.

3 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I’ve never seen the deck stacked against a team the way it was against Gate City last night. That includes all of my trips to that gym with Union, and I wasn’t sure it could get any worse. 

When a Union person says that about GC, you know it’s true 

29 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

What repercussion will this have on the official staff? Sounds like they need to be analyzed for bias behavior.

I’m not here to point the finger, and I normally hate the “how much did they pay you?” Notion. With that being said, the ref that gave the boys HC the double tech also gave the Girls HC a tech for turning away from him towards her team and clapping. Something seemed off about him. Sure, some calls you can always make some sort of defense either way, but from the moment he stepped onto the floor he was awful. The other official that the GC fan behind me nicknamed “Smiley” wasn’t too great either. Lol. The 3rd ref I thought officiated fairly well. 

I heard a few minutes ago, by someone who would definitely know, that he hasn't been a ref very long. I guess he wants to make a name for himself, but he'd better get some thicker skin though or he'll never last.