Top seniors in SWVA

WAVE 316

I know Mac is the top senior in our SWVA region. Who would you have 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.. Who impresses you and stands out in this 2017-2018 Hoops season ? Luke Lawson of Eastside is having a great year...would he be a possible # 2?

Mitchell isn't a great shooter but he excels everywhere else. He's probably near the top five in the region, 3-6 or so. 

Only including seniors leaves out some great players like Ervin and Dean, and those three make up 3/5ths of the top five probably.

Is Martin from Graham a senior? If so, he's likely up there with Lawson as being #2 behind McClung. Dalton Mullins is also a very good senior.

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Wes Ayers at Grayson County is the best player in the MED.  He is averaging 19 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists per game.  

Seth Phillips (the good WR) is also pretty good hoopster too apparently.  On a side note, seen he either got an offer or accepted an offer from UVa-Wise, so congrats go out to him.

43 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Seth Phillips (the good WR) is also pretty good hoopster too apparently.  On a side note, seen he either got an offer or accepted an offer from UVa-Wise, so congrats go out to him.

Tanner McPherson is also a very good WR and basketball player.  He is the son of the varsity football coach.  

21 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Mitchell isn't a great shooter but he excels everywhere else. He's probably near the top five in the region, 3-6 or so. 

Only including seniors leaves out some great players like Ervin and Dean, and those three make up 3/5ths of the top five probably.

Is Martin from Graham a senior? If so, he's likely up there with Lawson as being #2 behind McClung. Dalton Mullins is also a very good senior.

Martin is a senior who has only played two & half years of varsity and recently scored his 1000th point. That usually takes most players four years on varsity. He should be somewhere in the top just my opinion. I'm biased though. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Martin is a senior who has only played two & half years of varsity and recently scored his 1000th point. That usually takes most players four years on varsity. He should be somewhere in the top just my opinion. I'm biased though. 

Heard good things about Martin. How does he compare to Roman Workman who played a coupleyrs ago for Graham? 

12 hours ago, WAVE 316 said:

Heard good things about Martin. How does he compare to Roman Workman who played a coupleyrs ago for Graham? 

Darrin  is an all-around good player. He can drive inside just as a easily he can put up three pointers  but at the same time he doesn't want to pass it off and let somebody else score.  He's a good ball handler. He hustles on offense and defense and makes the opponent work really hard to keep control of the ball. So I'd say he's just as good if not better than Roman. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Darrin  is an all-around good player. He can drive inside just as a easily he can put up three pointers  but at the same time he doesn't want to pass it off and let somebody else score.  He's a good ball handler. He hustles on offense and defense and makes the opponent work really hard to keep control of the ball. So I'd say he's just as good if not better than Roman. 

Thanks for the info. Sounds like he is really good. Any idea if he's going to play in college?

22 minutes ago, WAVE 316 said:

Thanks for the info. Sounds like he is really good. Any idea if he's going to play in college?

He should.Carlock said in the BDT a couple days ago that Martin had D1 interest from Marshall, Radford, VMI, and others but I see him more of a D2 college player 

4 hours ago, EH31 said:

He should.Carlock said in the BDT a couple days ago that Martin had D1 interest from Marshall, Radford, VMI, and others but I see him more of a D2 college player 

His size might be an issue for D1 unless he moved to point guard. He's a good enough ball handler for that in my opinion. 

18 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

His size might be an issue for D1 unless he moved to point guard. He's a good enough ball handler for that in my opinion. 

I think he’s a great talent for SWVA and he would make a very good guard at a D2 school but I’m not sure he’s D1 good at a pure point guard. I won’t say he can’t go D1 though, considering Graham’s 6th man from last year is on a D1 roster. There’s some connections there.