John Battle upsets Union

Weatherman

3 hours ago, WAVE 316 said:

Va has won some close games. I worry they have a poor offensive game and the other team gets hot from behind the arc and Va gets  out of their game plan. Duke seems to either falter big time in the tourney or become giant killers. Could there be a Cinderella team that no one made a fuss over and get crowned  as National champs? 

Bennet does a great job of sticking to his team philosophy no matter the score, you won't see many UVA games in the 80s. They aren't great offensively and don't have many players who can create their own shots but do a good job as a team by executing and passing to an open shooter. A team with superb guard play and that can shoot lights out may can put them out but if UVA is playing well they're the toughest team to beat in the country. They're ranked #1 in the AP poll for first time since Sampson left IIRC.

Duke is super talented but wildly inconsistent, they have a guy like Grayson Allen that could score 30 or go 1-17 and score four. No doubt Bagley is their best player and I feel, in my gut, that Allen doesn't like being the top dog and the team isn't as close-knit as a UVA or Villanova. I see them as a Sweet 16 team. 

There will be Uber talented teams in the 5-8 seed range. WVU could fall to that line, UT, UK, UNC, Wichita State, Alabama, etc... could potentially make a deep run. It's such a parity driven year, literally any team could win it all.