Jump to content
tbgfan

Thad Wells Heading to Tarheel State?

29 posts in this topic

 
11 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

Hear rumor that he is resigning and headed to Mooresville HS. 

It's true. He will teach lifting only and be the football coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
3 hours ago, tbgfan said:

Hear rumor that he is resigning and headed to Mooresville HS. 

Assuming this is true, that is a pretty good area and school district within the overall Charlotte area (just my opinion).  If we hadn't chosen to move back to Virginia, there's a pretty good chance that my wife and I would have wound up there. 

Perhaps the best endorsement I can give it is that our first dog (who was a fantastic little hound) was a Mooresville native.  Bought him from the former MHS principal who happened to live right behind the school complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
24 minutes ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Assuming this is true, that is a pretty good area and school district within the overall Charlotte area (just my opinion).  If we hadn't chosen to move back to Virginia, there's a pretty good chance that my wife and I would have wound up there. 

Perhaps the best endorsement I can give it is that our first dog (who was a fantastic little hound) was a Mooresville native.  Bought him from the former MHS principal who happened to live right behind the school complex.

Ahh, the smurf track!  Moorseville has a distinctive field, to say the least.

Mooresville is growing like gangbusters.  My brother lives in Cornelius.  As the areas closer to Charlotte run out of available space, the population keeps spreading further out.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
55 minutes ago, EH31 said:

That’s a long way to move for a year until Mance retires and he moves back Richlands 

I don't believe he comes back to Richlands. I used to think he was the heir apparent to Mance, but his career trajectory is heading up, and let's be real, a move from Mooresville to Richlands isn't even lateral, it's down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
25 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I don't believe he comes back to Richlands. I used to think he was the heir apparent to Mance, but his career trajectory is heading up, and let's be real, a move from Mooresville to Richlands isn't even lateral, it's down. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAM3D31qMJ5KReIufdb0T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, EH31 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAM3D31qMJ5KReIufdb0T

I know you were. But I’ve been hit with 8-10 texts today about why he would move when Mance is so close to retirement or moving on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The conference Wells is going into had 5 of 8 6 of 8 schools reach the state tournament last season in football.  Three of those five six schools reached the state final-4.  The I-Meck-8 conference is the toughest single conference in all of North Carolina regardless of sport, and that's saying something.  Moorseville is the smallest of the 8 schools at nearly 1,800 students.

My brothers kids go to one of those schools, Hough.  I've been to a lot of athletic events through the years with him.  I love high school athletics in SWVA, but there is no comparison to what you see down there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
2 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Thad likes to fish as well, or at least use to as he and I were members of a bass fishing forum a while back ago.  I assume he will enjoy skipping docks on Norman in his free time.

Lake Norman is no Clinch River 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
5 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I assume you are right.  I barely find reason to leave the precious Clinch.

Of course, the portion of the Clinch that runs through Tazewell is a stagnant mosquito den that requires the water to be under 6 inches to flow.  But hey, perspective!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 2/13/2018 at 11:25 AM, sixcat said:

The conference Wells is going into had 5 of 8  6 of 8 schools reach the state tournament last season in football.  Three of those five six schools reached the state final-4.  The I-Meck-8 conference is the toughest single conference in all of North Carolina regardless of sport, and that's saying something.  Moorseville is the smallest of the 8 schools at nearly 1,800 students.

My brothers kids go to one of those schools, Hough.  I've been to a lot of athletic events through the years with him.  I love high school athletics in SWVA, but there is no comparison to what you see down there.

 

Fixed the above message for myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
14 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Of course, the portion of the Clinch that runs through Tazewell is a stagnant mosquito den that requires the water to be under 6 inches to flow.  But hey, perspective!

Cant say that I have ever set foot on that section of the river, although I guess its more like a creek at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Someone from Richlands could be nicknamed the "Golden Riffleshell", a rare species of mussel.  The only known place in the world they can be found is near Richlands in the Clinch River and Indian Creek.  Biologists have worked twenty years to save the mussel from extinction after a tanker truck overturned spilling chemicals into the Clinch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 2/13/2018 at 12:23 AM, Ryan4VT said:

I know you were. But I’ve been hit with 8-10 texts today about why he would move when Mance is so close to retirement or moving on. 

Mooresville vs Richlands, people are about crazy. There's no comparison. Even if Wells hadn't gone to NC, do people honestly think he'd leave Blacksburg for Richlands? Think Coach Davis would want to move from Defensive Coordinator to Head Coach when Mance leaves? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Mooresville vs Richlands, people are about crazy. There's no comparison. Even if Wells hadn't gone to NC, do people honestly think he'd leave Blacksburg for Richlands? Think Coach Davis would want to move from Defensive Coordinator to Head Coach when Mance leaves? 

Mooresville High School is just shy of having 2,000 students.  No comparison indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
23 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Mooresville vs Richlands, people are about crazy. There's no comparison. Even if Wells hadn't gone to NC, do people honestly think he'd leave Blacksburg for Richlands? 

...for Richlands?

No way.

...for Grundy?

Absolutely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Bruins hired Eddie Sloss as the new coach. For those who don't know, he was Carroll County's coach. 

He stepped down in December to "spend more time with family." Guess he changed his mind. Not sure I like that hire for the Bruins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
10 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Bruins hired Eddie Sloss as the new coach. For those who don't know, he was Carroll County's coach. 

He stepped down in December to "spend more time with family." Guess he changed his mind. Not sure I like that hire for the Bruins. 

It’s definately a head scratcher. His 5-35 career record doesn’t scream competence as a head coach. He did double his best single season win total last year though. Carroll went 2-8!  By all indications, he is a great person though, so there’s that. 

By the way Ryan, it was a pleasure to meet you the other night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 minutes ago, sixcat said:

It’s definately a head scratcher. His 5-35 career record doesn’t scream competence as a head coach. He did double his best single season win total last year though. Carroll went 2-8!  By all indications, he is a great person though, so there’s that. 

By the way Ryan, it was a pleasure to meet you the other night. 

It was awesome meeting you, too! You heading up today for the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×