Thad Wells Heading to Tarheel State?

tbgfan

3 hours ago, tbgfan said:

Hear rumor that he is resigning and headed to Mooresville HS. 

Assuming this is true, that is a pretty good area and school district within the overall Charlotte area (just my opinion).  If we hadn't chosen to move back to Virginia, there's a pretty good chance that my wife and I would have wound up there. 

Perhaps the best endorsement I can give it is that our first dog (who was a fantastic little hound) was a Mooresville native.  Bought him from the former MHS principal who happened to live right behind the school complex.

24 minutes ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Assuming this is true, that is a pretty good area and school district within the overall Charlotte area (just my opinion).  If we hadn't chosen to move back to Virginia, there's a pretty good chance that my wife and I would have wound up there. 

Perhaps the best endorsement I can give it is that our first dog (who was a fantastic little hound) was a Mooresville native.  Bought him from the former MHS principal who happened to live right behind the school complex.

Ahh, the smurf track!  Moorseville has a distinctive field, to say the least.

Mooresville is growing like gangbusters.  My brother lives in Cornelius.  As the areas closer to Charlotte run out of available space, the population keeps spreading further out.  

55 minutes ago, EH31 said:

That’s a long way to move for a year until Mance retires and he moves back Richlands 

I don't believe he comes back to Richlands. I used to think he was the heir apparent to Mance, but his career trajectory is heading up, and let's be real, a move from Mooresville to Richlands isn't even lateral, it's down. 

25 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I don't believe he comes back to Richlands. I used to think he was the heir apparent to Mance, but his career trajectory is heading up, and let's be real, a move from Mooresville to Richlands isn't even lateral, it's down. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAM3D31qMJ5KReIufdb0T

The conference Wells is going into had 5 of 8 6 of 8 schools reach the state tournament last season in football.  Three of those five six schools reached the state final-4.  The I-Meck-8 conference is the toughest single conference in all of North Carolina regardless of sport, and that's saying something.  Moorseville is the smallest of the 8 schools at nearly 1,800 students.

My brothers kids go to one of those schools, Hough.  I've been to a lot of athletic events through the years with him.  I love high school athletics in SWVA, but there is no comparison to what you see down there.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:25 AM, sixcat said:

The conference Wells is going into had 5 of 8  6 of 8 schools reach the state tournament last season in football.  Three of those five six schools reached the state final-4.  The I-Meck-8 conference is the toughest single conference in all of North Carolina regardless of sport, and that's saying something.  Moorseville is the smallest of the 8 schools at nearly 1,800 students.

My brothers kids go to one of those schools, Hough.  I've been to a lot of athletic events through the years with him.  I love high school athletics in SWVA, but there is no comparison to what you see down there.

Fixed the above message for myself!

14 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Of course, the portion of the Clinch that runs through Tazewell is a stagnant mosquito den that requires the water to be under 6 inches to flow.  But hey, perspective!

Cant say that I have ever set foot on that section of the river, although I guess its more like a creek at that point.

Someone from Richlands could be nicknamed the "Golden Riffleshell", a rare species of mussel.  The only known place in the world they can be found is near Richlands in the Clinch River and Indian Creek.  Biologists have worked twenty years to save the mussel from extinction after a tanker truck overturned spilling chemicals into the Clinch.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 12:23 AM, Ryan4VT said:

I know you were. But I’ve been hit with 8-10 texts today about why he would move when Mance is so close to retirement or moving on. 

Mooresville vs Richlands, people are about crazy. There's no comparison. Even if Wells hadn't gone to NC, do people honestly think he'd leave Blacksburg for Richlands? Think Coach Davis would want to move from Defensive Coordinator to Head Coach when Mance leaves? 

7 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Mooresville vs Richlands, people are about crazy. There's no comparison. Even if Wells hadn't gone to NC, do people honestly think he'd leave Blacksburg for Richlands? Think Coach Davis would want to move from Defensive Coordinator to Head Coach when Mance leaves? 

Mooresville High School is just shy of having 2,000 students.  No comparison indeed!

23 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Mooresville vs Richlands, people are about crazy. There's no comparison. Even if Wells hadn't gone to NC, do people honestly think he'd leave Blacksburg for Richlands? 

...for Richlands?

No way.

...for Grundy?

Absolutely.

• 3 weeks later...

10 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Bruins hired Eddie Sloss as the new coach. For those who don't know, he was Carroll County's coach. 

He stepped down in December to "spend more time with family." Guess he changed his mind. Not sure I like that hire for the Bruins. 

It’s definately a head scratcher. His 5-35 career record doesn’t scream competence as a head coach. He did double his best single season win total last year though. Carroll went 2-8!  By all indications, he is a great person though, so there’s that. 

By the way Ryan, it was a pleasure to meet you the other night. 

4 minutes ago, sixcat said:

It’s definately a head scratcher. His 5-35 career record doesn’t scream competence as a head coach. He did double his best single season win total last year though. Carroll went 2-8!  By all indications, he is a great person though, so there’s that. 

By the way Ryan, it was a pleasure to meet you the other night. 

It was awesome meeting you, too! You heading up today for the game?