Region D Brackets

swva_havok_fan

8 minutes ago, GMan said:

And Gate City will beat Graham by 30+...what's your point???

I think he's referring to UVAO's comments that he thinks the game between GC and Graham will be a single-digit game and has used Bluefield as a Graham measuring stick.

Tom Jacobs @TeeKJay59

It’s all over here at Lee. Leemen defeat Stuarts Draft 85-66 In Class 2, Region B semifinals. Leemen will play Central -Woodstock at 8 PM Saturday at Spotswood in the final

Kevin Mays @kevmays

Gate City vs. Union in the Region 2D Boys Basketball Semifinals in front standing room only at the @DJP_ConvoCenter on the Virginia-Wise campus. An estimated crowd of 3,900 - 4,000. Total attendance for the day estimated at 4,800. #TNSBB #ITSCROWDED

great state

14 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think he's referring to UVAO's comments that he thinks the game between GC and Graham will be a single-digit game and has used Bluefield as a Graham measuring stick.

No, I said that Graham/WC would be a double-digit game, and it was.  I give Graham a puncher’s chance against GC, but ultimately think GC wins by 14 or so.

Bulletin Sports @BulletinSport

REGION 2C BOYS: 43.9 seconds to play and Dan River leads Martinsville 37-35

REGION 2C BOYS: Dan River knocks down 2 free throws but E.J. Bratcher concerts a 3 point play and now Dan River leads 39-38 with 12.5 to go. Wildcats ball out of the timeout

REGION 2C BOYS: Bulldogs come up a with a steal and Dasyne Hairston hits a layup and is fouled to put Martinsville up 40-39 with .8 to go! He has a free throw coming out of the timeout

REGION 2C BOYS FINAL: No. 2 Martinsville 41, No. 3 Dan River 39. Bulldogs miraculously advance to the Class 2 state tournament and will play for 2C title tomorrow night at the Dedmond Center at 8 p.m.

great state

33 minutes ago, GMan said:

And Gate City will beat Graham by 30+...what's your point???

My point was to poke fun of the ridiculous post in this thread that indicated: 1) The M7 was “impervious” and 2) Holding WC to a certain score was somehow an accomplishment worth highlighting. Even from a political standpoint this post is funny as you won’t find many coming to the rescue of WC in the M7...at least not during prime Wal Mart working / shopping hours ;)

I also attempted to weave in another jab from a previous thread — that was dripping with hubris — imploring the entire board to realize Graham’s only losses were to Bluefield and that in any other year in the past decade plus that this would be a legitimate state championship contender. 

I’m not certain that GC will win (much less, win by 30+). I think they are probably the best team in 2A, but at the end of the day, it’s high school basketball and there aren’t any certainties. 

Gate City @bluedevilslive

End of 1st qtr GC 13 - Union 9     Mac McClung 10 Zac Ervin 3

Kevin Mays @kevmays

2 straight 3-pointers from Gate City's Zac Ervin puts the Blue Devils up 25-13 with 3:56 left in the 2nd #TNSBB

1:28 remaining before halftime, Gate City 30, Union 18 in the Boys Region 2D Semifinals #TNSBB

Union High School @unionbearslive                   

Halftime in Boys Varsity Basketball in Region D semifinal action from the @DJP_ConvoCenter Gate City-37 Union-21 #TheU

great state

Brian Woodson @bdtwoodson         (PHOTO)     

#vhsl Gate City senior star Mac McClung shoots for the Blue Devils, who are leading Union 45-36 in third quarter in 2D semis

DWxFyc3XcAE9G2m.jpg

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports                
#VHSL Boys Basketball, Region 2D Semifinals, 1:02 left in the 3rd: Gate City 45, Union 36. #HCBB

great state

Tim Hayes Retweeted

GW Basketball @GWHSBball

Boys final: GW 80 Covington 51.

Atwood 26, Farrow 14, Reeves 13, Martin 11, Mabe 8, McMillan 4, Thompson 4. Atwood (13 rebs) Reeves (12 rebs) both with a double double. Your Region 1C champs!

DWxG1ijXUAID7SB.jpg

great state