Region D Brackets

swva_havok_fan

Just now, old_school said:

It’s safe to say Richlands head coach Fred Phillips was impressed with what he saw from the G-Men.

“We caught a whirlwind. Graham talked about winning the state,” Phillips said. “They should win the state. They will kill Gate City, they are the best team I have seen...

Well, Well, Well....

Sorry for laughing at you Coach Phillips...

Just now, UVAObserver said:

Congratulations to Gate City on a game well played.  This in no way affects their outlook at a 2A state championship, and it may well refocus them for the stretch run.  May one or the other of us win the title.

Exactly!

29 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Congratulations to Gate City on a game well played.  This in no way affects their outlook at a 2A state championship, and it may well refocus them for the stretch run.  May one or the other of us win the title.

Now I look like a jackass, a legit classy post lol. 

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Now I look like a jackass, a legit classy post lol. 

At the end of the day, we’re all Southwest Virginians, and that’s an awfully special bond.  I might prance around like the cock of the walk, but when it comes down to it, if Graham can’t win it, I’d rather Gate City than anyone else.  It’s been an awfully long time since a 2A School tasted success in this sport.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Spot on.  Hopefully GC has the chance to revenge tonight's loss.

35 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

At the end of the day, we’re all Southwest Virginians, and that’s an awfully special bond.  I might prance around like the cock of the walk, but when it comes down to it, if Graham can’t win it, I’d rather Gate City than anyone else.  It’s been an awfully long time since a 2A School tasted success in this sport.

I don't care which team.  Just one of you, PLEASE!

12 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I’d be surprised if that’s not exactly what happened.  A game at Graham Middle School on March 5th or 6th with a trip to Richmond on the line.

It wouldn’t be at GMS, it would be at Wise again I believe. 

I was at the top of the stairs. There was a hard foul by a Gate City defender on Baker from Graham. Next thing I know two fans are going crazy at each other and the GC coach was jawing back and forth with a Graham fan. The police kicked one of the fans that were going at each other out of the game.